09-06-2001, 08:59 PM
This was my second acrylic,and is one of my personal favourites

ripvanblair
09-06-2001, 09:01 PM
This is the watercolour version

crazi4art
09-06-2001, 09:06 PM
hey,
i like the watercolor because it seems to "bring everything together" if you know what i mean. the acrylic is good but i personally like the watercolor

MissMouse
09-06-2001, 10:27 PM
What do I see lurking behind this fine picture, it must be, it has to be, might it be, The Glasgow trams!

ripvanblair
09-07-2001, 07:47 AM
Thank you crazi4art I don't know which one I prefer,I know i'll be carrying on with acrylics,I found it very rewarding,and different from watercolours,much more vibrant. Alan.
well spotted sherlock mouse yes quite correct,well you need a break now and again. Alan

vallarta
09-08-2001, 03:34 PM
I vote for the watercolor also. I think your acrylic sky colors are too gaudy. Acrylics dry so fast that often you dont have the time to blend them properly. Using acrylic medium or a mix of medium and water 50-50 helps slow the drying time. Also there is the two step method of doing an underpainting in acrylics and then doing a finished painting with oil paint glazes. I find the later works the best for me.

ripvanblair
09-08-2001, 07:24 PM
Thank you Vallarta,I'll keep that in mind.I've never tried the mixed mediums. Alan

jpope
09-08-2001, 08:20 PM
Hey, over the years I've come to accept that the thing I love most about acrylics is their vibrancy. (My paintings are much too loud to be considered true art). I have, however, tried to pick and choose the areas in each painting that I allow myself free rein. Enjoy the acrylics!:)