PDA

View Full Version : After Juan my latest landscape

Elvira
04-19-2004, 05:32 PM
This image painted in Painter 8 was inspired by photos I took of a park in our city that was devastated by Hurrican Juan last Sept. I used the trace function to lay in the basics and then a combination of Acrylic brushes, surface textures and a blend brush.
Edie

Jet
04-20-2004, 10:10 PM
Edie i had missed this nice sketch/paint completely.
It's a nice style i like very much.
...you're getting ahead with P8 !!

Keep going !

Elvira
04-20-2004, 10:59 PM
Thank You for your comment I'm glad you like it.
Edie

flowerfancy58
04-21-2004, 01:06 AM
Very nice Edie:)

gloria

LadyAlba
04-21-2004, 03:10 AM
I really like this Edie, I especially like how you have done the trees. What brush did you use for the foliage?

Elvira
04-21-2004, 07:36 AM
Thanks, Lady Alba and Gloria, I use the Acrylic dry brush for the folage in this one.
Edie

JCoop
04-21-2004, 10:38 AM
Edie, very nice. Has a very nice feel and atmosphere in the distance.

fugitive
04-24-2004, 04:08 AM
Juan was a mean guy, huh? Those poor old trees. I wonder if they discuss it, after the fact. I like the evergreen leaves, as the look good, and real. The whole thing, of course, has a stark quality.

Elvira
04-24-2004, 11:45 AM
Thanks Greg, yes Juan was a nasty boy, but it was mostly trees and power lines he damaged, think only 3 lives were lost. The storm came right up the harbour and the Park got a direct hit, also our Victorian Garden in the center of the city lost many of its mature trees they are trying to grow some to the exotic ones from cuttings. The week following the city was almost at a stand still with the streets clogged with downed trees. Power was off for up to a week in some areas of the storms path the over all damage was in the millions.

A bit of a shock to us as these kind of storm are usually quite harmless when they reach us, and their damage is felt more at sea or in the out laying fishing villages which of course Juan hammered this time too.

I'm pleased you feel the bleakness for that is the was quality I wanted to capture as that is how we all feel when we visit the park, it was our forest in the city and it is so sad to see it now, the image I painted in many ways isn't truly representitave of the over all distruction.

I may in the summer get a phot of the entrance and paint it as I have a painting which was done in the summer some years ago, to demonstrate the difference of then and now.
Edie

justjean
04-24-2004, 12:26 PM
Great painting Edie of a sad happening. Your trees and lake are lovely

GoldCoin
04-24-2004, 02:33 PM
HI Edie..

You did a wonderful job in painting such a devastated view. Did wonders with those trees, great shades of greenery. I see hope and renewal for the years to come... :clap: :)

Elvira
04-24-2004, 02:37 PM
Thanks for your kind comments,Jean and Gold Coin.
Edie