PDA

View Full Version : Surfacing #4 in My Depression Series

Elvira
04-19-2004, 05:28 PM
I keep saying that I have reached the final image and someone pushes for another so until I'm sure I'm done I won't say this is the final on. The tools I used on this one were Painters Photo retouch brushes.

flowerfancy58
04-19-2004, 10:24 PM
Well done Edie!! I know the second is an enlargement but I like it as a piece standingalone. I suppose I can understand it better with no confusion:)

Don't end this series, I like your style with this.

gloria:)

Elvira
04-19-2004, 10:27 PM
Thanks for your comment. The Actual image is very large even in My Gallery on IDA it is less than half size.
edie

Jet
04-19-2004, 10:39 PM
:clap: KOOL.

No depression for me now, as i can relate to some figures and not only hues and traces.
I like this dream-like quality to it.

my guess here is You're working in about 4-6 layers and you've played with opacity, and most likely with blending modes, in at least a couple of those layers.

Any clues ? ...Great result !
Regards

Elvira
04-19-2004, 10:46 PM
I'm glad you like it, all the images started with a collage of photo images of myself which I distored and pasted on layers. With two layers of a blue/green custom gradient. At times I have as many as 10 layers. I then played with different blend mode in either Painter 8 and PSP 8, in this one most of the work is in Painter 8 with the Photo retouch brushes to darken and blend specific areas.
Some of them where a blend of both programs.

Edie