PDA

View Full Version : Calling all abstract artist:

bug
09-06-2001, 08:15 PM
Come on now folks all the other forums are always jumping with new pictures and a lot of discussions we are somewhat the odd balls in the art world not everyone considers abstract real art so lets get together post more, talk more, lets get things jumping over here. :clap:

Really it is a little disappointing when I sign on and nothing new has been posted over here so what do you say can we see some new pictures? Does anyone have something interesting going on they would like to share? Please I'll start us off with something, don't know what but I'll find something we can look at. ok found one nothing special just some pretty colors to look at.;)

bug
09-06-2001, 08:29 PM
This isn't abstract but pretty good for a young kid don't you think?
This is something I did way back in high school when I thought I had to make pictures of subjects. now I just go crazy with colors and shapes but still having fun!!

Jan-Michael
09-06-2001, 08:39 PM
Just love those eyes... they speak...:) I would love to hear a definition of Abstract Art...? when does art become abstract when is the line crossed...? I always wonder....

bug
09-06-2001, 08:55 PM
I can't help you out with a definition but I do know how hurt I felt the first time I met and spoke to a very well known artist in this area who is a friend of a friend; I explained to him that I love doing abstracts because being a mom with 3 young boys they can interupt me all the time and it doesn't effect my work. He made the rude comment that abstract isn't real art, well that just burnt my bottom so I'm out to show my work now and hopefully he'll see my work sometime and change his mind, if not I still enjoy it and will continue to do abstracts. :evil:

Jan-Michael
09-06-2001, 09:11 PM
a good abstract can be very emotional.... I have some that I feel send the message... that could not be created any other way... then again Digital Art isn't real Art... LOL

RonMarko
09-07-2001, 04:27 AM
You're right Bug - This area is "Lacking".
But abstract art has always been the most difficult tangent of the artworld to grasp for the general public. The "red-headed stepchild" of the art world.
And it's been causing controversy and confusion ever since the avant-garde movment Kandinsky started at the begining of the 20th century. 1903 I think. :confused:
I'm still confused by it and I still wonder why I even pursue it - I constantly struggle with the thought of it. it can be incredibly frustrating. Most people I know don't get it (abstract art that is.) and certainly don't understand why I spend so much time doing it!

Can we escape who we are? I don't think we can.

That's my 2 cents ;)

bug
09-07-2001, 06:19 AM
I know what you mean Ron seems like the first thought the general public has when you say abstract is something dark and ugly they seem to associate it with depression or suffering. (my experince anyway) Probably another reason I enjoy it so much I've always been the one to stand up and cheer for the underdogs no matter what the activity. ;)

You better keep at it, I'm constantly checking your site waiting for new pictures to go up. You do it because something in you enjoys it so get to work!:D

colorme
09-07-2001, 06:25 PM
these look great:), hey this isn't only the abstract forum, it's also the contemporary forum, don't forget about the contemporary artist..

bug
09-07-2001, 06:52 PM
Your absolutely right, I wouldn't want to leave anyone out. (sorry) it wasn't intentional. :o

david ward
09-08-2001, 03:17 PM
Hi

Just a few thoughts from a novice artist, I'm more of a conventional one, my first love was photography and now watercolours. I see things I really like that make me feel good so I try to capture it so I can get that feeling back. If I can make someone else feel good then that's a great bonus. Art of any form be it sculpure, music, dancing painting, whatever, is an expression of the artist and if the artist can capture their feelings in their art and portray it to others, then they have succeeded in my mind. In some ways I think abstract artists are truer to the pure meaning of art i.e. expressing their feelings, than someone who simply tries to copy something that's already there. Anyone who tries to put down another persons form of art as "not real" art is simply an intellectual snob. Keep up the good work.

David

LeeK
09-09-2001, 07:51 AM
This has an agressive masculine edge to it. At the same time it is playful. It has a lot of motion.