PDA

View Full Version : New Jewelry For Me-What do you think?

koregon
04-18-2004, 06:09 PM
well I worked on these yesterday...I am going on vacation in a couple weeks and a lot of my clothes seem to be basic black and white...so I made these beads and finely sat down yesterday to create...I restrung the bracelet many times..and went for simple...9 lentils with cool thick bali spacers and a large toggle...I wore it all day yesterday and this is the most comfy bracelet I have ever had...the lentils glide so smoothly over the wrist when there are that many in the bracelet...the necklace I wore to...longer on a cord...do you think its to busy? or ok? first thought was I got the tassle stuff to busy...but it did look good on a white top with black pants yesterday. Any comments would be welcome...I have to make more new jewelry to wear to...and might be doing another large focal necklace...so thoughts on using a large center would be great.

ringslingin
04-18-2004, 06:43 PM
Yup, too busy, send em to me! hehehe just kidding, I love them!

Barrie
04-18-2004, 06:44 PM
Very pretty!! I do like the necklace, and I think it works. Because it's just two very basic colors, I think you can get away with a bit 'more' in the tassle than if it were a bunch of bright colors. You wouldn't want to wear it over a busy (lacy, fluffy, frilly) type top, but a plain one would set it off beautifully. I love black & white together, and both these pieces are classics!! Way to go!
As for a large focal piece, why not try something really colorful, to go over the white blouse/black pants outfit? Because your wardrobe is so neutral you can add a splash of color (maybe to reflect the mood you're going for) with a big bold, bright focal. Of course a matching bracelet is a must have! What about your retro flower style? Those look so pretty in bright colors.

Shirley C.
04-18-2004, 06:52 PM
kaye, i think they look terrific. i like the pendant a lot - there's a lot of interesting stuff going on, but i don't think it's too busy at all. i really like the pieces that you make!

Beads-Me!
04-19-2004, 12:21 PM
Kaye - I love B&W - they look great to me. Thumbs up on the pendant too - not too busy for me... But you know - if you decide it's not what you want - you can always toss it my way!!!! :D

beclectic
04-19-2004, 12:22 PM
kaye, i think they look terrific. i like the pendant a lot - there's a lot of interesting stuff going on, but i don't think it's too busy at all. i really like the pieces that you make!

I don't think the pendent is too busy, I agree with Barrie. You could try adding just one strong color to the black and white for a really bold statement. Red or Yellow are great with Black and White.

Gingerbiscuit
04-19-2004, 12:29 PM
I really like what you've done. Very elegant. :)

Lynne

Charlee
04-19-2004, 12:35 PM
Definitely NOT busy! I'm a fan of B&W from way back, so those really do work for me. Practically any color goes with B&W, so torch yourself silly. :D I alwasy love your beads. :)

Charlee

Teri.p
04-19-2004, 12:37 PM
I'll add my voice to the others; I like it just the way it is, Kaye.

You know, you probably ought to make more jewelry than you think you will need; I'd be surprised if you didn't sell some! And remember to take business cards!

Teri

SuzyQ
04-19-2004, 01:52 PM
Fantastic! I agree, it isn't too busy, it's just right.

I know how you feel about lentil bracelets. They are incredibly comfortable. I love wearing them and have been selling quite a few lately as well.

koregon
04-19-2004, 01:56 PM
Thanks you guys...I will try and remember to show you the other jewelry I come up with.

I have solid colors to take...icy yellow...pale pink and pale blue in tops...I can wear the pendant with my black skirt/pants or capri's.

Gonna have to make a bright colored something for sure. Just not sure which ones out of the colors I make.

I have a little less than two weeks to get it all together...

Thanks for the feedback you guys!
Kaye

TheBlueBetween
04-19-2004, 02:31 PM
I love all of it! That necklace is Very Cool. And I really like your lentils - I've been watching them and drooling..... :clap: :clap: