PDA

View Full Version : Not lampwork or jewelry but still has alot of beads

aimee
04-18-2004, 05:37 PM
I just finished this bag for a friend of mine. He loves wolves and native american stuff. I'm pretty pleased with it and wanted to show, plus I'm amazed I finished it. I'm good at starting a project and not finishing it!

The wolf is on one side, the design is on the other. There are a total of 6,518 beads.

Lara
04-18-2004, 06:24 PM
Wow, that look like a lot of work. I know what you mean about starting and not finishing.

What a wonderful thing to do for a friend.

Lara

DebbieSue
04-18-2004, 06:42 PM
Beautiful work. Did you make up the pattern yourself? Lovely!

Debbie

Lapislazuli
04-19-2004, 03:09 PM
I just finished this bag for a friend of mine. He loves wolves and native american stuff. I'm pretty pleased with it and wanted to show, plus I'm amazed I finished it. I'm good at starting a project and not finishing it!

The wolf is on one side, the design is on the other. There are a total of 6,518 beads.

:clap:
Hi Aimee, Beautiful, beautiful work, you have much patience to elaborate this great work. I envy its friend.
Lapislazuli

*Naos*
04-19-2004, 03:10 PM
OMG - it's gorgeous!! Beautiful work and you have the patience of a Saint!

jujeebeads
04-19-2004, 03:34 PM
Aimee,
I'm with you on the start and no finish projects!! Congratulations on finishing that! It is beautiful!!!

Judy :cat:

Judy in MN
04-19-2004, 04:57 PM
Aimee, that's beautiful! I was squinting to see (but you can't tell unless you can see the thread path), did you use brick stitch or sideways peyote stitch? Wow, I haven't played in my seed bead stash in a very long time. Maybe it's time to dig 'em back out!

Judy

aimee
04-19-2004, 07:29 PM
Thanks everyone. It is sideways peyote stitch. I got the pattern for it from a book. I started with the wolf, but looking back, I should have started with the design. It was the first peyote stitched thing I've ever done.

Virginia L.
04-19-2004, 09:48 PM
That is amazing, you friend will be so pleased, thanks for sharing it, I love it - God Bless - Virginia L.