PDA

View Full Version : My new knobs & should I ebay 'em?

amy fgb
04-18-2004, 01:40 PM
I just made a couple of knobs yesterday (finally - I've been dying to make some)! I'm thinking about putting them up on ebay. I'm a bit nervous to do it because they took quite a bit of time to make.

Any thoughts about it? :)

Thanks!

Amy

Trishki
04-18-2004, 01:52 PM
WoW, they are gorgeous!!!
If you ebay them, and you feel unsure, put a reserve on them maybe? Or a BIN button indicating what you would accept as your minimum.

You might also want to list them in an additional category (now I haven't checked exactly) but there may be some category related to furniture/ accessories or decorating. Also include "keywords" someone looking for these kind of knobs might be using to search for.

I would certainly bid on them!!!!

chocolatier
04-18-2004, 02:15 PM
Amy those are great. I wouldn't be afraid to put them on ebay. You are in my favs list and I look at your spectacular beads frequently. With your following, I think you have nothing to worry about. They'll fly off the page.

Best,

Linda G.

www.vermontchocolate.com

amy fgb
04-18-2004, 05:17 PM
Patricia,

Thanks very much! And see? I never would've thought about a second category. I knew I'd find some great advice here.

Linda,

Thank you very much too for your kind compliment! I have a large red heart knob in the kiln I think I'm going to give it a try.

I'll probably post it sometime tomorrow. Thanks again!

Amy

amy fgb
04-19-2004, 01:04 PM
I just posted this knob in the S & T thread too. I decided to give this one a try on ebay today.

It's big - pretty true to size on your screen unless you have a 19" monitor.

Please wish me luck!!! :D

Take care,
Amy

Lizardglass
04-19-2004, 01:17 PM
How do you make them , How do you make the back part ? Is there a tutorial somewhere? They Look great , I have been wondering for sometime how it works.
Thanks,
Liz

dlbirtwell
04-19-2004, 02:31 PM
I love these knobs!! Very original design!

denizen
04-19-2004, 03:04 PM
Liz,
there's a drawer pull tutorial under the "Glass 101" sticky in the Glass Technical Forum, http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68555&perpage=15&pagenumber=1