PDA

View Full Version : inked in sketch...

mARZ
09-06-2001, 03:37 PM
Here is a little lego Taruga of onu-koro...a bionicle character... I thought it was cool and did a quick sketch..then inked it using a precise V5 pilot rolling ball pen... not my usual inking pen but I wanted to try it out...

comments welcome, of course....

mARZ

artdude
09-06-2001, 07:29 PM
He looks like a MEAN little dude :D

RuthT
09-07-2001, 07:57 AM
Hi mARZ - he really looks as if he's stepping menacingly forward :eek:

I am a beginner at p&i and I would like to know what size the sketch is. Also, I'm not familiar with the pen you mentioned - would it be considered a thick one? It is very effective for the subject.

mARZ
09-07-2001, 03:31 PM
Wellll, the sketch is actually about 2x2".

The pen is a Pilot rolling ball, you'd probably find it at grande and toy or any other big office supply store, it says extra fine on the side of the pen but i'd call it a fine/medium point. It draws about the same line as a 5mm mechanical pencil, put if your slow enough it gives a broader darker line, which is what I tryied to do with this sketch.

I would not normally use this type of pen to draw finished works (read more then a 30 minutes to pencil...or for public display) as I don't know what the ink will look like in a few months/years... some of my older drawings with similar bic roller pens have developed what I can only call yellow bleeding from the line work..as if it had been wet?

mARZ

RuthT
09-07-2001, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the information mARZ :)