PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 4/18 Show and Tell

Zooziis
04-18-2004, 01:56 AM
Wow, I never started one of these before...I am up way to late, because I was having too much fun. I never make big beads, but this one is 1" square and 1/2" thick...I love all the space to decorate. I have to go to sleep so I can wake up and make more :clap:

Briatha
04-18-2004, 02:28 AM
Amy spectacular pillow bead! I need a drooling smilie :p

Hatani Lentils

Beth Myers
04-18-2004, 02:34 AM
Both of you should be in bed....LOL!
But I'm glad you aren't and took the time to post these beads
Wow Amy, what a bead. The mind bogles thinking of all you could do to that, you are not going to get any sleep for thinking about it. I'll be anxiously waiting to see what pops out. Did you make that using one of the new presses out now?

Briatha,
I am intriqued by the colors and patterns you've worked on this set.
They are earthy and at the same time have a sky/celestial feeling. Cool mix!

Beth

kwstudios
04-18-2004, 03:02 AM
Hey Beaders,

Amy - what's going on with the shape of that bead?? Is it made with a special press tool?

Here's an "artistic" shot of a bead with a fade-to-gray background. What do you think??

Karen

Jacinthe
04-18-2004, 06:18 AM
Zoozii - Awesome pillow bead! I love it totally. Need to save money... need to get tools. You are making me have tool envy ;)

Briatha - those are very organic beadies you made, very earthy feel to them, very pretty.

Karen - WOW! Gorgeous bead, absolutely stunning and delicous colour it is, and an absolutely gorgeous photo. I love the fade effect and I had a question about the bead. Is it fumed or are you using a reduction stringer for the dots? Cause if you are fuming that thing, covering everydot and then etching the gold off you got a LOT of patience woman! Awesome!

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

PS I got to make beads last night finally and made some demo beads, and some beads for the bead exchange for our bead group and then I made these two awesome little dollies for a fellow beadmaker here for her wedding (commissioned) I came downstairs this morning, and my dear daughter *grr* had decided she was gonna take a peek at the beads. She dropped both dollie beads on my metal plate that I use for under my torch, and broke them. I was soooooo mad... she not only lied about looking at the beads but then tried to hide one of the demo beads that she had also broken in my cup of water where I drop bad beads. ;) Garsh darn it... 2 hours down the drain from last night, now I've gotta start those dollies all over again... *sigh*

JCA
04-18-2004, 06:26 AM
Zoozil- Very interesting shape.Like it
Faith- They look like marble Very Cool
Karen- Back ground is neat but the the bead is awesome.

I keep trying for that very bright pink in my flames. I think I am getting closer. This one has silver red dicro for a core with grass green encasing. When you turn it in the sun the color changes are wonderful.

ldiamont
04-18-2004, 07:45 AM
Wonderful beads everyone. Zoozil - neat shape and stringer work, Faith - nice pattern, very "cool" and relaxing, Karen - WOW. I second the question, is that reduction stringer?

Here are a few I did over the last week. My first decent plunged floral is much prettier in person. I am breaking in a new scanner and am still learning how to tweak the settings.

Teri.p
04-18-2004, 08:13 AM
Amy - Oooooooo, so pretty! I can't wait to get my very own ZooziiPillowPress!!! Anybody else want one? Look here for info: http://www.zooziis.com/zoozii's011.htm

Faith - What a lovely set! I especially like the combination of colors you used in this one, sort of a polished marble effect.

Karen - Ummm, I think that it is gorgeous! Both the photograph, and the bead!

Jim - I am just amazed, thinking back over the months, at your Fire and Ice bead evolution. Every time I see a new one, I think it's the best ever, and this one is no exception - love the pink on green!!

ldiamont - yummmm! Your blue beads evoke an ocean feeling; I love them!

Creekbed rocks, translucent yellow base, Ocelot Spot frit, encased in pale aqua.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Apr-2004/23019-040177a.jpg

Teri

KikkiSweden
04-18-2004, 08:39 AM
Amy - I understand how feel about wanting to make more! That bead is fantastic!

Cool Lentils Faith. What colours did you use?

Karen - WOW!

Jim - Awesome!

Idiamont - very nice florals! The other set is made with my favourite colours!

Really cool beads Teri!

:clap: to all of you!

I've made kidlets! Two normal and one from Mars!

ctseibels
04-18-2004, 10:10 AM
Morning everyone-
Nothing to share today....don't feel like pulling out the camera.
Karen- did you take that photo yourself? HOW??? I am really trying to work on doing my own photos, bc paying a professional for slides, etc. is soooo expensive.
Any tips? Do you have a light box and a permanent setup?

Jim- I love that flame. It is awesome in different colors!
Have a good day beading!
Carter

nursekatie
04-18-2004, 10:27 AM
What a wonderful Start!

I haven't shown any this week......crazy nuts here.......I did take some pics this morning........a few things I have been working on here......

AMR GlassWorks
04-18-2004, 10:36 AM
Wow! Great stuff everyone! :clap: Well mine isn't glass but you work glass with it! :D I got bored one evening last week so I bought some clay and played! I covered my CBS handle in some of my favorite colors! :D I was just playing around and I know it's not completly smooth but my hands wore out sanding it!! :p

Ignuss-Fatuus
04-18-2004, 10:42 AM
here was yesterdays studio yield! 111 beads! I torching for about 6 hours or so...taking quite a few breaks because it was quite hot inthere! 90+ degrees even though the rest of my house was 77 :) Still I had a good day!
Karin

McDuck
04-18-2004, 10:54 AM
G'Day everyone!
Amy- WOWZERS that is a cute bead! i like the shape
Faithe- i really like the colors and texture it gives off
Karen- beautiful bead and great dots!
Jim- Love that green flamer! tee hee
Idiamont- That first set is so lovely! love the colors and clear dots on them
Teri- those look boro-ish!
Kiki- cute kidlets
Katie, such lovely vessels
Anne- KEWL! you can make handles for all my tools too if you like! :D
karin- who snuck in on me, WOWZERS thats alot of beadies!

Here are a few of my ceramic beads.
-Mary...errrr...McDuck

jkittels
04-18-2004, 11:03 AM
WOW!! Cool beads out there this morning!
Here is my offering for today.. A moretti floral and then a couple of the newest standby designs/colors that I'm loving.....

Julie K.

E_Black
04-18-2004, 11:15 AM
Hi, Nice work here today. Still one of my favorite places to start the day!
Ellen

kenchunk
04-18-2004, 11:18 AM
Awesome beads, everyone!

I have only one to show today. This is my first becone that actually stands up by itself.

Sachiko

lepoppet
04-18-2004, 11:35 AM
It's an Ebay Day!

Maria

Jamn!
04-18-2004, 11:42 AM
Ohh so pretty today!! I am missing my torch my not D MIL is here til tomorrow.

J Harris
04-18-2004, 11:48 AM
Yep, I agree...a wonderful place to start the day! Beautiful work all you glass and polymer clay artists!!!

Here's a set that was on my mind for quite a while, and I'm glad it's done with. This was my first try at miniature food beads, and they were more difficult than I thought, as I'm sure Karen will attest to (you're the pro Miss Karen!). Finding a good "bun" color was a challenge! Anyhoo, here's my humble contribution for the day..."Sunday Picnic":

Jan

Moth
04-18-2004, 11:49 AM
I am so glad I stopped here to see all the beauties before we left for our picnic!!! Spring is definitely outside...but there are still better colors HERE so far. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Here are mine for today!
Tequila sunset:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Apr-2004/24464-tequilasunrisefo.JPG

And thanks to Smedstad!!! A dichro floral:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Apr-2004/24464-mintyfloral4ko.JPG

Have a great one!!!
~~Mary

McDuck
04-18-2004, 11:50 AM
jan those are so adorable! I love the ants!! :clap: -mary

ChristyL
04-18-2004, 02:33 PM
Beautiful work everyone!! Fun picnic set Jan! My bicones for today are made using Red Coppergreen and silvered ivory.
Hugs*
ChristyL

CorvetteJuliet
04-18-2004, 03:20 PM
Amy - Wonderful bead. I love that new shape.
Briatha - such lovely colors.
Karen - I love the bead. The background works too!
Jim - The glitz is great with the flames.
Idiamont - Beautiful sets. I love the first one!
Teri - You sure did capture creekbed rock tone perfectly.
Kikki - Oh, they're so cute!
Katie - that transparent blue vessel is just to die for! :clap:
Anne - What FUN! I'll bet you use that tool even more now!
Karin - YOWZA! You're a bead making machine! :)
Mary - the texture of the white ones is making me hungry!
Julie - The floral is incredible!
Sachiko - Beautiful organic bead.
Maria - Such happy colors. :)
Jan - Those are absolutely HYSTERICAL! :p
Moth - The colors of the Tequila sunset are fabulous.
Christy - I love the subtle palette.

Sorry I'm so late to the thread. Here's a set I made a few days ago. I haven't had too much torch time this week. I've been playing with ceramics and preparing for my daughter's B'Day party. Whew it's over and I survived seven 8/9 year old girls for a sleepover. :D Time to nap I think! ~Juliet

fay
04-18-2004, 03:22 PM
Gorgeous beads! Wow! :D
I have Lido Beach to share today. Have a fantastic Sunday.

littlecrow1
04-18-2004, 03:49 PM
Wow! Great Show and Tell! After being away from the torch for over a week I needed this!

This came out of my kiln this morning...lil bunny sprouting out of a wildflower! :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=117726&stc=1

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=117730&stc=1

Many Blessings
Deb/Littlecrow

www.littlecrowglassart.com

GreenGurrrl
04-18-2004, 04:53 PM
WOW so many great beads today! The kidlets are just adorable!

Amy

Allison Turner
04-18-2004, 05:51 PM
Holy Moly!!
How can I even think about following todays beads!?
Fantastic eye candy!!

I know I haven't been around much lately. I just haven't been real happy with what I have been making. Someone want to send some Muses my way?
This set isn't that great either but I thought I would pop in anyway.

JayneM
04-18-2004, 06:10 PM
Allison-Those are really pretty beads you put in todays s&t. I would call them peacock blues. I have been in a bad bead funk also, and I feel like I am going backwards instead of ahead. I will hopefully jump out of this rut soon as it's a big bummer to look in the kiln, and go yuck!!!!!!!!!!!

DebbieSue
04-18-2004, 06:48 PM
Everyone's beads are beautiful. Especially love the picnic beads. Thanks all for sharing the pics..... :clap:

Debbie