PDA

View Full Version : Fused Glass S&T

shoozles
04-17-2004, 09:59 PM
Hello Glass Lovers. Thought I would start another fused glass thread...show me what ya got! I saw some beautiful Dichroic saw work last week by lizardglass I wanted to tell her nice work by the way hope she will post her latest in here too.

Here is my latest dichroic fused offerings I am thinking spring and there is never too many hearts.

Have a great week folks
Michelle

ValorieCox
04-17-2004, 11:25 PM
Looking good Michelle! I especially like the horizontal graphic floral, very retro and fun! :)

Yes, let's see some more in this fused glass art show and tell!

Valorie

!Karen
04-17-2004, 11:32 PM
Those are super! I love the orangy red ones!

Very nice work!

:)Karen

Lizardglass
04-18-2004, 01:37 PM
I saw the thread title and came running :clap: . Thank you so much for the mention . I have been going 90 miles an hour . I thought that I wasn't going to be able to do a show on the 24-25 (Havana) so I hadn't been making more then a couple pendants. Then I found out I was going to do it , but only after I made plans to take a class in Orlando . I am doing the show with a group of people up here who bead .(SEED and Lampwork) I won't be bringing my lampwork .
SO I have been fusing blanks like it's going out of style. I have sawed so much that my forearms are sore and my fingers are numb. I still have to build displays and get everything together so hopefully even though I can't be there sat, my work can be. It's gonna be crazy but I'm crossing my fingers that I can pull it off .
I saw this thread and grabbed some of the ones I cut last night , they aren't firepolished yet but they came out really cool. The first one I had used two scraps of clear on top and instead of the clear fusing together , it spilt and the dicro came to the surface , it's a neat effect. The second is one I am calling jester for the moment , cause it's a dark midnight blue and a bright green . The last one is the same midnight blue and Long. I will try to post them again after they are firepolished.
Thanks for the Thread ,
Liz

Eddo
04-20-2004, 01:56 AM
I hardly ever see any fused glass pices on here but mostly beads, here is my offering of a fused piece. hope to see more fused glass on here, Regards, eddo

Lizardglass
04-20-2004, 03:40 AM
Wow , that bowl is incredible , are you using decals ? Paint? Enamels? Please tell... I am drooling , I sent the link to your website some of my Fusing friends so they can see too. Simply amazing .

Winston Doull
04-20-2004, 05:12 AM
Good of you to start the fusing show.
I send in these to add to the show. Welcome to the fusing artists , hope we see more here.
Bless you all.
Winston

www.designsinglass.de

IronLily
04-20-2004, 07:28 AM
Good Morning :music:
I have been invited to share with you by Karen of MI
it is not a very good picture but the colors are purple & adventurine green
please tell me what you think about it
Thanks for the invite Karen :D

blazinghussy
04-20-2004, 10:06 AM
Wow! Those are all so gorgeous! I'll have to get some of our fused pieces up here. All they are are blanks at the moment, but they're going to be cut into box lids later on :)

Kel

daffodildeb
04-20-2004, 10:26 AM
Gee--and I have to be 1100 miles away from my stash of pieces...!

Jacinthe
04-20-2004, 10:48 AM
Good of you to start the fusing show.
I send in these to add to the show. Welcome to the fusing artists , hope we see more here.
Bless you all.
Winston

www.designsinglass.de

I'm not normally one for abstract, but that last square plate is PERFECT!
The rest of this fused stuff is gorgeous too... please please keep showing us more!

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

Eddo
04-20-2004, 11:03 AM
Wow , that bowl is incredible , are you using decals ? Paint? Enamels? Please tell... I am drooling , I sent the link to your website some of my Fusing friends so they can see too. Simply amazing .
Howdy Lizardglass,

I used frit and enamels on this piece along with strips of float glass. I Fired the bowl 4 times not including the slumping. The size is around 17" square. Hope this answers your questions. Regards, Eddo

giapet
04-20-2004, 05:38 PM
Val,

Can't wait to see it in person, been really liking purple lately.

Beautiful pieces everyone! Please post more. :D

DebbieSue
04-21-2004, 12:08 AM
Wow! Such unique and interesting pieces. They're all lovely! :)

Debbie

Stephie R
04-22-2004, 04:16 PM
A little late, sorry it's still in the mold.

lorwolff
04-22-2004, 07:09 PM
Love your work, Winston.
Your fused pieces are inspiring to the newbie fuser in me.
I checked out your website, and to my surprise, realized we have met.
We bought your Volcano a few years ago when you were demonstrating at NW Artglass.
Welcome to Wet Canvas.

Lehcar
04-22-2004, 07:21 PM
Everyones stuff looks so awesome!! I want to learn how to fuse!

!Karen
04-22-2004, 07:35 PM
This is a great show & tell!! Such beautiful work, I am really enjoying these projects, keep them coming!!

Someday I'll heat up my big kiln and have something to post here. It's just sitting in the shed glaring at me because I'm always making beads.

But these pieces have given me the push I need to get out there and figure out what to do!

Love these fused pieces :clap:

:)Karen

froggee501
04-22-2004, 07:39 PM
This link should be correct...

www.geocities.com/red_tomato501/ondisplay

Yep, it works. :)

Emma

IronLily
04-22-2004, 08:30 PM
Hello Emma!
I am Ironlily here Valerie on WarmGlass I like your candle slumper
the purple & green plate is the one I said I was going to post

shoozles
04-22-2004, 10:23 PM
My goodness! It took a few days for anyone to respond to this thread and then I look out here and WOW! There are some awesome fused plates in here. I am so glad you shared them with us. makes me want to have a big kiln so I at least give it a try. I have a small mold I keep wanting to try but I just can't get away from making jewelry.

Thanks everyone for joining in I was getting worried. Here a few more new ones.
Michelle

Winston Doull
04-23-2004, 04:05 AM
Love your work, Winston.
Your fused pieces are inspiring to the newbie fuser in me.
I checked out your website, and to my surprise, realized we have met.
We bought your Volcano a few years ago when you were demonstrating at NW Artglass.
Welcome to Wet Canvas.
Thank you for your kind words. You are well placed to do fusing . There is a lot of glass about there , and some very good artists. I was inspired by some of the glass art in Seattle. Wish you all the best and good fusing. I always kept a log book for the kiln . So from each firing i could repeat it if need be, or stay clear of it.
Here are some plates that were fused with rods made in the volcano first.
Good Bye
Winston

www.designsinglass.de

Judy in MN
04-23-2004, 09:08 AM
I hardly ever see any fused glass pices on here but mostly beads, here is my offering of a fused piece. hope to see more fused glass on here, Regards, eddo

I LOVE that piece (with the koi). Amazing shape and I love the open areas

Judy

jaxglass
04-26-2004, 02:13 AM
I just got back from doing the Havana FL. Down the Street beadshow and met Lizardglass in person (fun!!!) and saw her fused glass pendants in person. They are absolutely awesome!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
You do such beautiful work, keep it up, and hope to see you enter the shows in your own right, on your own!

Chris G.

snooze
04-26-2004, 12:47 PM
WOW. These pieces are just amazing :clap:

I think the glass fairies are against me ever learning how to fuse. I signed up for a glass at a local stained glass shop and they canceled because there wasn't enough people. Then I saw one at Arrow Springs for this Sat. and signed up for that and they might cancel that one for the same reason :crying:

I admit I am a class junkie, but I might have to get a book for this one!!

Beautiful work everyone!!!

froggee501
04-26-2004, 06:40 PM
Hello Emma!
I am Ironlily here Valerie on WarmGlass I like your candle slumper
the purple & green plate is the one I said I was going to post

Oh sweet! It's good to see you here! The plate is really cool... Reminds me of the tie-die shirts I used to make at camp, as I would usually use purple and blue, or purple and green. :)

Emma

beachbeads
04-27-2004, 03:29 AM
Wow, nice work. I love that koi plate. Can anyone reccomend a good fusing book? I'm not sure if I qualify for this thread, these are my very FIRST self taught fusing experiments. I want to play more with this though. Always nice to learn new art forms. Sheila

giapet
04-27-2004, 10:49 AM
Sheila,

Brad Walker's book "Contemporary Warm Glass" is the best one for learning by the book in my opinion. You can find it here...www.warmglass.com/CWGSummary.htm