PDA

View Full Version : A Welsh holiday

ripvanblair
09-06-2001, 02:31 PM
Hi folks I'm usually in watercolours,but two years ago I was on holiday in Wales,recently I found the sketch pad and the photos,my friend gave me a set of Acrylics,and I decided to try them out.It was done on Daler~Rowney A3 acrylic paper from a pad,it's my first acrylic and although I found it a bit strange,after watercolours,it won't be the last Alan

Tony Perrotta
09-06-2001, 03:22 PM
Very nice. I like the reflections. Makes me want to give up watercolors and take up acrylics.

Keep Painting
Tony

yogi
09-06-2001, 06:28 PM
I've been looking at your work over in the watercolor forum. Now, I see this acrylic painting here. My goodness, you are talented. I get this feeling you can pick up just about any medium and make something beautiful out of it.

Keep up the gifted work.

:clap:

bug
09-06-2001, 07:53 PM
First acrylic? oh you have to be pulling my leg this is great looks as if you've been working with acrylics forever. Great work really-really well done.:cool:

ripvanblair
09-06-2001, 08:34 PM
Thank you for your comments
Tony I didn't find it all that different,apart from the drying.
Yogi What a nice thing to say ,thank you once again.
Bug truely this was my first acrylic,not my first painting,in fact I was so impressed with the acrylic medium,I've painted one of my favourite watercolours,Galwaybay Oystercatcher again in this medium and I think that for this kind of painting it's better than watercolours. It's loosely based on a technique used by no less than Turner himself,in fact had Acrylics been around then I'm sure Turner would have approved,I'll post it later.Thank you once again Alan