PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Show & Tell

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-17-2004, 01:39 PM
Hi all!

Just thought I'd share the latest creation with you. It's titled "World View" and was done for my neighbor. She went shopping at a bead show with me one weekend and she's military as well, so she was drawn to these three lampworks that resemble the world. We threw it together this morning along with recycled glass from Ghana, Bali and Grecian spacers. Enjoy!

~Danielle

Shirley C.
04-17-2004, 02:22 PM
oooooooh boy, i'm really drooling over this one! love it!

River's Song Art Jewelry
04-17-2004, 02:58 PM
Danielle,

I love the colors in your latest pictured here. I also love your use of the recycled glass--I have some and it looks like it was run over by a truck, so I don't use it. I guess I'll have to try ordering it again.
Also, I like the silvery caps you're using. What exactly are they?? I haven't seen them before.

debkauz
04-17-2004, 03:21 PM
Oh, now I am inspired! That is one gorgeous bracelet.

Debbie

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-17-2004, 03:52 PM
Shirley, Bonnie Jane and Deb, thanks all! I had a lot of fun making this one. The lampworked was ~gorgeous~!!

Bonnie Jane, Recycled glass is a bit tricky to work with, since it is organic in shape and doesn't allow itself to be molded to something easily. But I find the more I work with it, the better I like it. If it's up against other beads, which obviously it is, I try a few different pieces to find one that fits against the other beads just right. It's a bit like working a jigsaw puzzle. I don't like a lot of "wiggle room" in my bangles, so it doesn't hurt to take a few extra mins. to do this. Also, buying the smaller glass seems to work a bit better than the larger pieces since they aren't quite as lumpy and bumpy. ;)

Hopefully that will help you and inspire you to keep working with it. They really are fun beads, and I like their other-worldly charm.

If I can help you any other way, let me know.

~Danielle :D

Charlee
04-17-2004, 04:55 PM
I love those beads! Very cool bracelet - good color combination :D

Charlee

LLane
04-17-2004, 05:12 PM
Love the bangle... Danielle.... and you are right... the lampwork IS Gorgeous!!
I oogle these everyday .... and enjoy.... so time to try to give back!!

The beads are based on several styles of "galaxy" beads from various artists. The glass is cobalt, grass green and a touch of edp! The bracelet is the screw cuff bangle. I have made about 12 of these this week.... and really am tired or coiling this wire!!! :D

Peace,
Lois

flynfire
04-17-2004, 06:14 PM
Danielle, those do look like little globes! How cool! I want one! I went to the gem/mineral show here yesterday and refused to even touch any of the beads! I kept repeating, "I will not become infactuated with beads...I will not become infatuated with beads...I will not become infactuated with beads..." I mean it!! No matter how much you guys tempt me with your beautiful work.

McDuck
04-17-2004, 07:24 PM
Danielle that is a beautiful bangle!
Lois, I love blue and green! Nice bangle too!
-Mary

DonnaBee
04-17-2004, 07:42 PM
Very awsome bangles! :clap:

LoriGreenberg-Beadnerd
04-18-2004, 12:42 AM
Great bracelets! I have to get some of those cuff bangle bracelets...but then I'd have to start using bigger mandrels. Hm.

Here's one from me. Not a jewelry designer but strung a bracelet with a set of beads just like I would for an eBay set.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Apr-2004/16432-2004turquoisetruffle1.jpg

lightworker
04-18-2004, 01:27 AM
I have a necklace in the same theme...Earth, moon stars. I love that last bracelet with the squiggly dotted beads. I took my first lamp working class today and getting a feel for how you can sculpt hot glass. Laurie

LLane
04-18-2004, 09:17 AM
Laurie (Lightworker)
That is a great necklace... did you made the dichro fused piece? Great design!!! Thanks for showing!!! (and welcome to the lampwork addiction!!) :D

Peace,
Lois

jacki
04-18-2004, 10:28 AM
Great S&T! Danielle, you are so consistant with your winners! I havent seen one I wouldn't like to wear :)
Lois! Nice bracelet! I like that type of bangle, and yours has a nice feel :) I love those colors!
Lori--it's great to see those INCREDIBLE beads in a piece of jewelry! WOW!
I have been admiring htem since you first showed them :clap:
Laurie, what a great pendant! and such a nice way to set it! Cant wait to see more :)

beclectic
04-18-2004, 11:07 AM
Great S&T! Danielle, you are so consistant with your winners! I havent seen one I wouldn't like to wear :)
Lois! Nice bracelet! I like that type of bangle, and yours has a nice feel :) I love those colors!
Lori--it's great to see those INCREDIBLE beads in a piece of jewelry! WOW!
I have been admiring htem since you first showed them :clap:
Laurie, what a great pendant! and such a nice way to set it! Cant wait to see more :)

Great pieces everyone. I agree with Jacki, there isn't one piece I wouldn't be thrilled to wear.

TheBlueBetween
04-18-2004, 11:13 AM
Great show and tell today (yesterday)!

Laurie that necklace is so original - I love it!

On the same sort of theme I'll post a necklace I made a few months ago for my mom - it's a galaxy necklace - 9 planets, I don't know how many moons, planet rings, sun, astroid belt, black holes.... she loves it - I think it's a little nutty... :) In fact, now that I'm looking at it again a couple months later, I think maybe this thing belongs in the fugly challenge!!!

McDuck
04-18-2004, 11:49 AM
lori - I love those beadies!
lauri- that is very celestial, I like it alot!
Pan- very nice bead work! I need to learn in my spare time :rolleyes:
-Mary

beclectic
04-18-2004, 12:18 PM
lori - I love those beadies!
lauri- that is very celestial, I like it alot!
Pan- very nice bead work! I need to learn in my spare time :rolleyes:
-Mary

Uhhh.... you have spare time? What is spare time exacly? I don't think I've ever experienced it? ROFL :D

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-18-2004, 01:14 PM
Yeah, me neither!!

Barbara keeps cracking the project whip and now I'm out of time until June!

/wink wink

~D.