PDA

View Full Version : My First Fish

EDJ Drakkan
04-17-2004, 02:53 AM
Well, I decided to take the plunge and try my hand at making a fish bead. The first one turned out pretty good, until I realized that I didn't keep it heated enough while doing all of the decorating and it cracked right down the middle and broke in half :crying:

My second effort was better, but I still had a couple fins break off when taking it off of the mandrel (it's the bluish colored one) and I guess the third time was the charm since it made it through cleaning and everything with all of the fins intact (it's the black and pink one) :clap:

Natalia
04-17-2004, 03:50 AM
What lovely colours you have used! I have not attempted anything like this yet, as it takes forever to make anything that big on a HH (well for me anyway).

Cheers,

Natalia :)

Teri.p
04-17-2004, 04:09 AM
Your fish are marvelous! I am certainly impressed..... I know it's discouraging to have your lovelies break or crack, but I know when it happens to me, it's a lesson I don't easily forget...

Keep up the great work!

Teri

Jamn!
04-17-2004, 07:06 AM
I think they are really nice fishies! Very cute! The colors and detail are pretty cool!
I wanna see the broken one too!! :)

GardensOnGlass
04-17-2004, 06:07 PM
I think they're great! Good for you for taking the plunge!

DebbieSue
04-17-2004, 11:50 PM
Nice colors! I like the face of the one on the bottom. Looks like she's smiling! :)

Debbie

dumpuf
04-18-2004, 12:30 AM
:D How very cute!!! The first sculptural piece I made was a fish, and he spent so much time in the flame, I had to etch him to get his colors back. Personally I find it easier to make sculptural beads, rather than traditional shapes.