PDA

View Full Version : First Acrylic

Stephanie
09-06-2001, 07:42 AM
This is my first acrylic. Comments and Critiques very welcome. :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Sep-2001/She_is_._..JPG

bug
09-06-2001, 07:57 PM
Your first and not last I hope. It's a bit dark although that may just be the scanning or my screen but very well done. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.:)

paintfool
09-06-2001, 08:25 PM
Stephanie, i had this overwhelming urge to blend the background. I hope you don't mind. It's only altered on MY hard drive, not yours. Once i blended the background i felt more of the sense of motion that her hair indicates. I also softened the hair just a bit and made it a tiny bit wispier at the ends. Funny thing, once i did that i could see all of the georgous color you have in there! I had fun with her! :)
Cheryl

paintfool
09-06-2001, 08:28 PM
by the way for those looking at this image. It's not nearly as dark as the original upload suggests. It's more like below. Forgot to add Stephanie, i love the concept behind this peice. You may want to do a 'wind' series.

paintfool
09-06-2001, 08:30 PM
oops! Forgot the image! :D

Stephanie
09-06-2001, 08:45 PM
Bug: Thanks so much for looking it over. It is a bit dark in the scan. Thanks for the encouragement. I love painting. :D

Paintfool: Thanks! wow I love the blending. Nothing like seeing your work come alive with a few well done modifications and hints. You brought out the wind effect I was hoping would emerge, but the scanner didn't pick up clearly. Thanks for lightening it too, I need to play with my scanner to correct how dark it scans. :D Thanks for your help and encouragement.

crazi4art
09-06-2001, 09:03 PM
hey,
i love the blending that paintfool did. It is really neat. how did you do that? i have a scanner and that is really cool. please tell me how, i wanna try that. thanks

Leaflin
09-06-2001, 09:21 PM
Stephanie I like the movement in this piece.
The lighter image shows your colours much better.
Well done for your first acrylic :)