PDA

View Full Version : Getting Familiar with Painter 8; HAIR PIECE

ExpressMark
04-16-2004, 10:20 PM
I am trying to get familiar with Painter 8. While Paiter 7 is what I work best with, it is because I have become comfortable and have customized many of the brushes and such like.

So I am submitting a practice at Hair, this is not my best Hair, but, it is my first Hair in Painter 8 but just the same, I think it turned out.

BTW for those that turned me on to Painter 8, Thank You, Thank You!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Apr-2004/3278-HairS4.jpg

ExpressMark
MBStudios

Chiers
04-16-2004, 10:24 PM
Hair it is alright. hee hee. Very nice hair indeed. :clap: So you must be liking painter8 by now.

ExpressMark
04-16-2004, 10:29 PM
Hair it is alright. hee hee. Very nice hair indeed. :clap: So you must be liking painter8 by now.

Yes, I am enjoying Painter 8 very much. There is several things I find annoying but thats because I am not as familiar with it as I am with Painter 7.

I am looking forward to another piece, I am considering stating anotehr step by step tonight just trying to figure out what my subject matter should be.

ExpressMark
MBStudios

LadyAlba
04-17-2004, 03:52 AM
You are doing fantastic already! LOL I can't get away from the white stuff around the edges! ;o)

ExpressMark
04-17-2004, 04:23 AM
You are doing fantastic already! LOL I can't get away from the white stuff around the edges! ;o)

Thank You, I am pleased with it, but, not comfortable by anymeans. The process is to much of a struggle, I am trying to find my nitch so to speak. I think from I learned from this one toward the last there are many steps I will leave out, and I feel I will accomplish better Hair when I do, or I hope to.

ExpressMark
MBStudios

Jet
04-17-2004, 06:03 AM
Mark, you're doing alright already. Don't push it, and it will fit right in.
Just think you're meeting a new friend now, pretty soon you''ll be best friends.

btw, nice horse hair you got in your first try . :D

..Just teasing :angel: lol

Regards
:cool:

justjean
04-17-2004, 08:29 AM
Great looking hair, looks like your going great finding your way around in 8

flowerfancy58
04-18-2004, 04:44 PM
That is great looking hair! In no time flat you will get comfortable with version 8:) I think it's a wonderful program too!

gloria

ExpressMark
04-18-2004, 05:04 PM
That is great looking hair! In no time flat you will get comfortable with version 8:) I think it's a wonderful program too!

gloria

Thank you Gloria,

BTW, let me say I love your work? Did you use Painter 8 for them?

ExpressMark
MBStudios

flowerfancy58
04-18-2004, 05:43 PM
Thank you Mark:)

I use Painter for just about everything now........ Once in a great while I play with PSP, but not very often though. I loved PSP too, but it would crash so often and I'd loose all my work. I really haven't had Painter crash on me yet.......fingers crossed!!

gloria:)

ExpressMark
04-18-2004, 05:48 PM
Thank you Mark:)

I use Painter for just about everything now........ Once in a great while I play with PSP, but not very often though. I loved PSP too, but it would crash so often and I'd loose all my work. I really haven't had Painter crash on me yet.......fingers crossed!!

gloria:)

Well. cool, I will look forward to sharing back and forth with you about Painter 8. You seem to take a traditional approach and of that I have high respect.
Looking forward to each of your presentations!

ExpressMark
MBStudios

Jet
04-19-2004, 01:42 PM
You seem to take a traditional approach and of that I have high respect.
ExpressMark
MBStudios
:confused: i don't take traditional approaches :crying: so you have low respect !! :crying: ..... :confused: ..... :mad:

Just kidding...
-----------
For all of US Painter Freaks
I'm starting a new topic on links just for "Painter"
There are plenty of tutorials for beginneres and advanced artists as well.
Most of those links are contained in my old thread Extremely Useful Links (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156873) at another WC forum.

Be back in a few ...

flowerfancy58
04-19-2004, 02:31 PM
Mark,
I was just studying this strand of hair...... it's so well done! I wanted to ask you which brush you used to accomplish it , which medium? I'd love to paint hair that way::)

gloria

ExpressMark
04-19-2004, 05:21 PM
Mark,
I was just studying this strand of hair...... it's so well done! I wanted to ask you which brush you used to accomplish it , which medium? I'd love to paint hair that way::)

gloria

Ofcourse I used Painter 8, then the tools I used... Was first Oil(Fine Feather Brush) Blenders( Soft Blender Stump 10, Just Add Water, Coarse Oily Blender 10) Photo Tool (Dodge, Burn) Airbrush ( Detailed for strands of hair)

I plan working up a Tutorial on hair that will explain better the approach I use.

ExpressMark
MBStudios

baquitania
04-19-2004, 05:41 PM
Great work Mark, sorry I had to resize your image, the limit for posting is 600 pixels height and 500 wide... yours was 800 x 500. Which makes me wonder how it went through, I'll look into it though, maybe it was just a glitch...

Bobby

flowerfancy58
04-19-2004, 06:18 PM
Okay Mark, I'll be looking for the tut:) I never seem to be able to get my hair as fine as you have it here, but hopefully after doing the tut, that will change!

gloria