PDA

View Full Version : Show 'n Off New Shapes "lovin these tools"

koregon
04-16-2004, 01:49 PM
hey everyone "Happy Friday to you all!"...well...I think its time to show off what I have been working on this last week. I was lucky and Amy "Zooziis" let me try out her new presses to see what I thought...I think she figured with as many lentils I have made that I would be a good one to try these out, beside me being very excited about the new shapes...they are awesome! After making boo-coo (that means TONS) of lentils for over the last 7 months...I was excited to see these new shapes when Amy showed them to us while back...her pillow's and diamonds are really cool...The presses are awesome and work so darn well...the way the pins bring the two pieces together in perfect alignment and all. I had a bit of a learning curve because I have made so many lentils (my brain wanted to use the same exact method) and of course I have to adjust for the shape...but once I did that...very easy to use...and made the coolest shapes...the new shapes bring so much into my head of ideas for sets for the future...for now these were what I played with a couple days this past week...red transparent with that new coral that resembles tequilla sunrises...and some lime and aqua...Decorating them is a bit different, as is pressing them...but I figure in no time I will have the tool down just like I do my lentil press. Just getting your eye set on the amt of glass and shape to press...like any tool it is as good as the beadmaker makes it...practice and learning the way the glass needs to be to press into the mold shouldn't take to long. I would say within a work session you would have them figured out...and then the more you use them the faster and more efficient you will get with them.

Well...I just had to share...I am so excited about the new shapes...seems like the tool market is out there for us beadmakers now...Amy has done such a great job on these, price, all in one (no stand needed) kinda thing. Perfect!
Thank you Amy for letting me be your tester on these tools...I think you have some winners for sure!

you can check out more about the presses here
Zooziis Website (www.Zooziis.com)

so let me know what you all think!
do you think all three shapes in a set is good? should I stick to one shape per set...is mixing and matching good...what do you think hmmmmmmm?

TwistNglass
04-16-2004, 01:57 PM
Kaye,

Those are just beautiful! YES on mixing the shapes!!!! I can hardly wait for mine to come. My life is on hold.... waiting.... Thanks for sharing with us :clap:

Rose

Trishki
04-16-2004, 03:14 PM
That is beautiful! I love the shapes together, looks fun and elegant at the same time, since you tie it together with the colors. VERY nice! :clap: :clap:

I'm waiting for my presses too! I'ts been kinda cold lately to camp out by the mailbox though...staying in the little less cold garage (in front of the toasty torch!) :D

Patricia'sglass
04-16-2004, 03:22 PM
Your beads are so beautiful! I love the new shapes, too. I am going to order both shapes and Corrina's lollipop mold. I am such an addict!
Pattym

UMTerps
04-16-2004, 03:39 PM
Lookin' awesome as usual, Kaye!

I love the fact that the diamonds look so 3 dimensional (does that make sense?)...are they comfortable to wear?

And I like the mixing of shapes, too!

quill
04-16-2004, 04:24 PM
You are the perfect person to 'test drive' these tools, Kaye.

Awesome results!

SimplyShaunda
04-16-2004, 04:36 PM
I think those are beautiful? Is it the diamond press that you have?

Briatha
04-16-2004, 04:38 PM
:clap: :clap: DING DING DING we have another winner!! :clap: :clap:
Kaye you lucky girl!!! Stunning sets! Mix and match is a wonderful idea...the shapes really compliment each other.
Boy I can't wait to get both my presses :D

AutumnH
04-16-2004, 04:43 PM
Kaye, INCREDIBLE! Now I'm even more impatient for mine to arrive!

The only reason my impatience doesn't have me bouncing off the walls is because I haven't been to the torch in 2 weeks *mumble*grumble*whine*

I have both shapes ordered and can't wait.

Did I mention how glad I am DH never reads this forum? He has no clue what a tool <insert appropriate potentially offensive word here> I am. Gimme gimme gimme gimme!

:D

!Karen
04-16-2004, 04:58 PM
YES to mixing the shapes.

And I have to say you were a perfect choice to test these presses. I bet you can practically do lentils in your sleep :D

You did a beautiful job, Kaye, aka Press Tester Extraordinaire!

:)Karen

PS to Shaunda - Looks like she has both the pillow and diamond pillow presses.

DonnaBee
04-16-2004, 05:12 PM
You made beautiful beads with these tools! Wow!

I have been thinking about the Zoozii Diamond press a lot... since I first saw it...

Just something about that diamond shape.. I could really make some jewelry designed around that shape....

kybeadmaker
04-16-2004, 05:18 PM
Kaye....those are beautiful!! I am standing by my mailbox too...I can just see bright colored etched pillows waiting to be born !!!!!
Harriet

JavaGirlBT
04-16-2004, 05:27 PM
Kaye, you did a great job, as usual!!! :clap: I love those shapes, especially when they're mixed together! Yay! :clap:

jamilyn
04-16-2004, 06:26 PM
Dang I was doing so good not spending more money on bead stuff but after seeing Kaye's beads I just went and bought the pillow mold AND the CBS. That set is to DIE for ! Are you listing it on ebay anytime soon ???

TheBlueBetween
04-16-2004, 07:37 PM
Dang I was doing so good not spending more money on bead stuff but after seeing Kaye's beads I just went and bought the pillow mold AND the CBS. That set is to DIE for ! Are you listing it on ebay anytime soon ???

Yeah, I just did the same thing! And I have $250 worth of lentil shapers in a shopping cart on franz that I'm trying to hit the submit button for but can't bring myself to spend the $.... I need a nudge before my session expires and I lose the items in my cart - again.

Beautiful beads Kaye :)

ctseibels
04-16-2004, 08:30 PM
Those shapes are so fun! I have not broken down and gotten any of the presses yet...but every day I'm coming closer to making the purchase!
I have some big shows coming up...maybe I will make enough to reward myself w/a new toy!
Carter

Paula D
04-16-2004, 08:38 PM
Oooh. Me too. Me too. I want every press ever invented!! That's the only way I can get a matching set. I ordered Amy's set too. If looks easy and the shapes are unique. Paula

Nonie
04-16-2004, 08:45 PM
Perfection as always Kaye :clap: :clap: :clap:

Katiefl
04-16-2004, 09:24 PM
Almost edible!!! WOW

dread
04-16-2004, 09:25 PM
Just waiting for mine to come - cant wait to try them out

Kay those are wonderful beads !

JodiPrice
04-16-2004, 11:19 PM
Kaye, those are stunning! I love the shapes as well as the colors you have put together! I can already see that I would want to make myself several bracelets with your beads!

I gotta get me some of those new presses! I have barely got down the lentils though, just like you said, it is all about practice and getting down how much glass to put on, sure looks like you definetly have these new shapes down!

GORGEOUS!

Jacinthe
04-17-2004, 02:33 AM
grrrrr...
You tool makers are making me drool.
pillows stubbies lentils... dang nabbit

stop it please your making me jealous!

I am sooo joking! the tools are all so amazing, just wish I had the money to get one of every single one. Someday maybe...

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

Natalia
04-17-2004, 03:57 AM
A resounding "yes" to mixing shapes! The colours tie them together perfectly. I have ordered the Diamond press - am looking forward to playing with that. :p

Cheers,

Natalia

cankeep
04-17-2004, 07:25 AM
Kaye, Those are beautiful beads! I love all the different shapes together! I ordered both the presses as soon as I saw that Amy was selling them....can't wait till they get here!! When it comes to new tools I'm like Gollum...."My Precioussssss" Love them!

rettajane
04-17-2004, 08:02 AM
wow....all your beads are just gorgeous............i'm headed immediately to order my presses..........the mixing of the shapes is fabulous !!

BrendaJ
04-17-2004, 08:58 AM
Kaye, as usual your beads are fabulous!!!!! I say mix the shapes up, but I still like the idea of sets of one shape too. It's all good!!!!!!!! :clap:

You were the perfect choice to try the tools out. :D

McDuck
04-17-2004, 09:26 AM
Kaye, Those are just beautiful! -Mary

koregon
04-17-2004, 09:45 AM
Hi everyone! thanks for the feedback on the mixing of the shapes...I have yet to wear them since I have only had the presses this last week, and haven't had time to make jewelry yet (my desk is a mess, ummmm I have to clear some space and not loose the bills that need paid that are kinda organized on there first)...but I am going to make a bracelet with the lime and aqua. I think they are going to wear a lot like the lentils...and I think all of you who ordered are gonna love the presses

Yup that set will go up on eBay...the red and coral ...probably Sunday or Monday.

I had to ask on the mixing of shapes...and heck most of the time mixing of colors...you know how I am...matchy match....usually all the beads in one of my sets match....I think these shapes might help me break out of that routine...I have idea's floating in my head to mix and all in the same color zone but different shapes and design on the color scheme.

Baxsie
04-17-2004, 10:08 AM
Kaye, they are beautiful (as always)! You are my lentil mentor. :D

I vote "yes" on mixing shapes too - give the jewelry designers more options, and I love the look.

Janet