PDA

View Full Version : My show in May 2004!

pinkbubelz
04-16-2004, 01:31 PM
Hi Everyone, I know I'm cross-posting this everywhere, but I want to let as many people know about my upcoming show as possible!

It's my first Solo show in a gallery--wish me luck! ;-)

--Iris

Visions from Iris: Works of Art by Iris Shen-Van Buren
Exhibition Dates: May 2 - May 31, 2004
Absolute Gallery
307 E. Grand River Ave., Lansing, Michigan, Ph. (517) 482-8845

Artist's Opening Reception
Sunday, May 2, 2004 ~ 12 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Light refreshments will be served. In addition, there will also be a gallery walk at other local galleries in Old Town Lansing on the same day. Call for specific directions to the Absolute Gallery or PM Iris on Wetcanvas at: pinkbubelz for additional information.

The Absolute Gallery is located in "Old Town Lansing", a few miles West of Michigan State University Campus and on the North Side of Grand River. It is on the Corner of Grand River and Turner St. and Across from the Brenke Fish Ladder.

About the Artist:
Iris Shen-Van Buren is a graduate of Michigan State University. With a B.A, Studio Arts (1990), as well as a B.F.A., Studio Arts (1991), Iris has participated in numerous art fairs and exhibits over the past 14 years, including exhibits in St. Joseph, East Lansing, Lansing, Southfield, Grosse Pointe, Interlochen and Detroit, Michigan. In recent months, she has also been involved in several international art exchanges with artists from the U.S., Australia, Europe, South America and Asia via the online artist community of www.wetcanvas.com.

The exhibit at the Absolute Gallery is her first one-woman solo exhibit of her works of art. Works of art include oil paintings, drawings, Gocco prints, photographs, digital works, sculptures and mixed media works. Also to be included will be a collaborative watercolor, which will be circulated through several countries and sold online after its completion by WetCanvas artists.

Artist Statement:
"As an artist, I believe that it is important to bring a positive energy to my audience. Too much of this world has been focused on negatives; crime, war, abuse, hatred, anger, poverty and depression. I chose to focus my energy in another direction--that of an uplifting nature, much like the motto of my home State of Michigan, "Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice (If you seek a pleasant peninsula, look about you)." I hope to find the spark of optimism within the drab and dreary humdrum of the city and often use vibrant colors to visually excite my viewer. It is my hope that my audience can find a way to lift up their moods and feelings from whatever image I chose to present to them." ~ Iris Shen-Van Buren

Contact The Artist:
If you are interested in learning more about Iris' art,
please PM her on Wetcanvas at: pinkbubelz

To subscribe to her online email list, please send an email to:
IrisSVB-Art-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Edit:

I forgot to mention that I have also gotten a picture published in the Alumni Magazine for Michigan State University! :-) It will be hot off of the press in a few weeks!