PDA

View Full Version : Still Life updated

arlene
09-05-2001, 10:52 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Sep-2001/stilllifescan5.jpg

Ok, here i added cloud blue to the hydrangea, and the urn and tray, and used sienna brown in the urn, tray and a touch in the hydrangea and leaves...also added two more leaves under the hydrangea.

lastly i used white and then cream on the tablecloth

still alot more to go as the tray and urn are mostly gold colors...

Lulu
09-06-2001, 05:29 AM
this is just beautiful Arlene, thanks for posting updates. I, and I'm sure everyone else too, learn so much from you.
Didn't you say that you had to finish this by Wednesday??? Well it's Thursday night here so it must be Wednesday by now in your neck of the woods:)

Beau
09-06-2001, 08:04 AM
Not that I know much about CP but I think its gonna be beautiful!

Beau

Ivyleaf
09-06-2001, 10:34 AM
The reflections are starting to shine nicely :)

Mystical*1
09-06-2001, 11:25 AM
this is looking amazing...I can hardly wait to see the finished on...:p

marilyn h
09-06-2001, 05:18 PM
This is coming together quite nicely. I love the reflections in your silver work. It is very nice.

yogi
09-06-2001, 06:31 PM
Absolutely beautiful! Waiting on the edge of our seats to see the next update.

:)

miek37
09-06-2001, 09:25 PM
Thank YOU SO MUCH for sharing this beautiful work with us!!! I've been working on my orders (22) all day and just had to rest my eyes and what a beautiful way to do with YOUR WORK!!!!! Once I get this batch done for the gallery I WANT TO TRY watercolor paper (to rest from the black paper!) :clap:

Helen:cat:

arlene
09-06-2001, 09:27 PM
thanks all...at first i wasn't sure i enjoyed working on this, but as i get deeper into it, i'm finding it more and more enjoyable...

Lulu, the show is next wed. the 12th...and is up for one month... so i still have a few days to work on it.

Yogi, the next installment is up...probably two more after that.

bobbi_warhole
09-09-2001, 01:56 PM
hei hei all

Jory
09-09-2001, 03:00 PM
Arlene,
Will you tell us how you put the image down, before the grisalle? It looks so perfect: could easily "stand alone" as a b&w drawing. You said that you were using Arches wc paper, so you had to transfer the image onto your paper somehow. Did you draw the original from life? A photo? Please "tell all", OK??!!

Jory

arlene
09-09-2001, 06:20 PM
Bobbi, I'm not following what you did or why...could you please explain?

Jory,

This was taken from a room shot in a magazine and altered completely in paintshop pro. Besides blowing up just this one area, I manipulated and moved the hydrangea to bring it into the picture and cropped the urn on the side...if i remember, the flower was across the table.
(Please let me repeat there is absolutely no relation anymore to the original photo...if i can find it i will and post for all to see.)

Then I printed out a b/w to use for the grisaille and to do a grid on...there's so much detail in this one that i needed to grid it out.

Gridded out the b/w version and then made a larger grid on my tracing paper...took about 3x to get it right and add all the details...yes i added as much of the color changes as i could to this one. (started almost like a paint by numbers)

Once the tracing was done, i put it on a light box and put the wc paper on top and traced with a 3H pencil very lightly