PDA

View Full Version : New design....need honest opinions!

ctseibels
04-16-2004, 09:41 AM
Hi everyone-
I may be on to something new in my design reportoire, but I'm not sure. You know when you stumble onto something new and you think it feels right, but it's a little awkward, too?
So these are the result of a really cool hollow gone bad....that turned into a flower gone good (I think!) My half-built hollow bead came loose from the mandrel, and it was too pretty to plunge into the water. So I put it in the kiln, and decided to make something out of it. I made the off-mandrel back, stuck the half-hollow on, twisted it around a little bit, and voila!
I made the green one first, the pink one second, and already I can see a huge improvement. I took a pic of the pink one in my hand, so you can see how big these are.
So...what do you think? Honest opinions please....before I go make a bunch more!
Thanks!!
Carter
Added: They have pendant loops on the top...guess I should have photographed that!

swamperfolk
04-16-2004, 09:51 AM
WOW - I love them - kinda floral pizzas only better - lickable.

Diane S.
04-16-2004, 09:56 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: I think they are very cool! :cool: Would make nice pendants , very different.
Diane

loydb
04-16-2004, 09:56 AM
I see a lot of possibilities in the form. I'd work on getting them truly symetrical. Then maybe put a loop on the top and you'd have a really cool focal.

loyd

bluelizzy
04-16-2004, 10:06 AM
I think they're terrific. Yes, make more, with more colors. Definitely cool. :clap: :clap:

DebbieSue
04-16-2004, 11:19 AM
Very unique! Make more! I like them. :D

Debbie

aimee
04-16-2004, 11:19 AM
Those are very pretty. I would love to see more of them. Maybe make a flower in the center?

encantado
04-16-2004, 11:41 AM
Those are great- ohhh the possibilities! Have fun and show us more!!!

GinaJ
04-16-2004, 02:03 PM
They are great, so original, WONDERFUL!!!!

blazinghussy
04-16-2004, 02:09 PM
I love them! :) So many possibilities. What about making them on a mandrel so that the hole goes through the center like any other bead and stringing small spacers of dichro or something equally as flashy in the center?

Don't mind me, I like complicated but have no idea if that'd work with your production method :)

Kel

SimplyShaunda
04-16-2004, 04:39 PM
They are gorgeous. I would string them up on a necklace of satin and crystals and have everyone watch my neck. Great work. It just goes to show that we only get better by thinking that something has gone wrong. :)

ChristyL
04-16-2004, 04:47 PM
I really like them, they are great. A suggestion, the blue one needs more pizzaz in the center, a brighter yellow maybe. The pink one looks perfect to me. Don't you love coming up with something and going, wow, this is really cool! Keep up the great work. I would love to see some more of these!
Hugs*
ChristyL

Lori Peterson
04-16-2004, 05:28 PM
OH MAN! I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!
Carter, I love everything you do! These are fantastic! I respectfully disagree (only slightly) with Loyd, though. I think less symetrical is better. I love the funky fun-ness of them! I'm a BIG lover of the folk-art look and I think these are very much in that style and color-scheme. Did I mention I love them????? :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

JavaGirlBT
04-16-2004, 05:29 PM
Carter, they are wonderful!!! Great job! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Zonnestraaltje
04-16-2004, 05:36 PM
Fun and funky! Terrific!! The colors are so happy! :D

TheBlueBetween
04-16-2004, 07:47 PM
those are GREAT! How fun! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Booger
04-16-2004, 07:54 PM
OOOOOOOO! Very unique and fun. Floral pizzas - what a great name for them. They are funky and wonderful.

My only suggestion is to take them on a test ride. Make sure they are going to hold up to a normal day's wear. Probably a jewelry maker would know a good way to anchor them tight to minimize the movement?

PLEASE keep posting them! Your onto something big.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Sheryll

Backyard Beads
04-16-2004, 08:09 PM
Awesome Blossom!!!

3SistersBeads
04-16-2004, 09:44 PM
They suck! Better put them out of their misery and send them to me! :D :evil: :D :evil:

JodiPrice
04-16-2004, 11:10 PM
I love them! Very colorful and whimsical!

GardensOnGlass
04-17-2004, 06:11 PM
VERY, VERY COOL, Carter! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lizardglass
04-17-2004, 08:02 PM
Very Cool ...but where is the purple ??? I love purple ...definately need purple :D