PDA

View Full Version : Friday 04/16 S&T

Andee
04-16-2004, 06:28 AM
Hello Everybody,

After a short lack of creative energy here's a necklace I just finished. The centerpiece is from an old silver earring that I had for 25 or so years - Swarowski bicones in opal white and crystal and some 1920s charlottes.

Have a nice and sunny day! :)

LLane
04-16-2004, 08:39 AM
Andee,
Simply elegant!!! :D

Peace,
Lois

SuzyQ
04-16-2004, 10:52 AM
Here's mine for today. Some beads from Addiebeads along with random spacer beads from other lampworkers, black onyx and sterling:

jacki
04-16-2004, 01:26 PM
Andee, what a nice use of that pendant, very pretty!

Suzy, great colors to start the day! nice job!

Thought I would bring out a couple purses from my apparently huge collection :rolleyes:

The first one is normal purse size.....the second is a "fanny pack size". It is reversible, pictures shows both sides. It can be worn as a shoulder bag, or around the waist.

And since there are five !! options for attachments :D I thought I would add a couple pendants I made yesterday. Very simple, just wanted something to hang on a chain.
So now I feel like a thread hog! :o

River's Song Art Jewelry
04-16-2004, 01:42 PM
Here's mine. Very bright!!

Shirley C.
04-16-2004, 01:45 PM
andee, your necklace is beautiful, and very classy!

suzy, what a cheerful bracelet - how fun!

jacki, no such thing as a thread hog! those purses are fabulous - you can show us more any time you'd like! now i've got a yearning to get into yet another new thing. oh no!!! save me!!! :D

Shirley C.
04-16-2004, 01:47 PM
bonnie jane, you snuck in there on me. very nice bangle! i like "bright". :D

DonnaBee
04-16-2004, 02:16 PM
Bonnie Jane, I like that bangle, I think it really works how you put a coil on the clasp!

Jacki, it's all scrumptious, and your love for fiber is reflected in your glass work!

Hi SuzyQ, that's a striking one, I love flat dots on glass beads!

Andee, that is very eye-catching, unique and pretty.

Charlee
04-16-2004, 03:11 PM
Gorgeous work, everyone!!! :clap: :clap:

Charlee

Barrie
04-16-2004, 03:19 PM
Beautiful stuff!!

Andee, that's a great use for an old earring! Good idea!
Suzy, those colors are so bright and cheery! Fun!!
Jacki, I love the purses, and the beads are pretty eye catching too!!
Bonnie Jane, Love the color of the bangle!! Great work!!

Here's a couple of pieces that I wish I could say I did today! I was actually dropping off a pair of earrings with a customer today, and took my camera along, so I could get pics of these pieces I made for her a while ago - she has an amazing collection of stuff from me!! And I still have more to do for her! Right now she's going through a citrine phase (been through the opal phase, and the sapphire phase, and the peridot phase - what's next! Oh yeah, ametrine - that's after the next project!) Anyway, on to the eye candy!!

Here's the pearl and citrine earrings I made for her today (so I did get something done!), the wires are still straight, but after I took the picture, I bent them into very long shepherd hooks (the wire ends behind the square citrines. The next one is a mabe pearl piece with Australian sapphires (the 5 sided one is variegated yellow/blue), and has 14k gold balls 'floating' on the pearl (the back is cut out to show the gorgeous shell behind, but I forgot to photo that! Duh!), and then there's the HUGE opal and peridot pendant - the peridots are 7mm triangles, the opal is about 2 1/2 - 3 inches wide, on reticulated sterling silver. And last of my thread hogginess is a pair of reticulated earrings with matching 7mm peridots. And that is just the tip of the iceburg! She's bought lots more than that from me!!! (Gotta love those kinds of customers!!)

Now who's next!! Come on you guys, show us your pretties!! These threads always inspire me!

Andee
04-16-2004, 03:30 PM
Great work everybody! :clap:

Barrie - your pieces are simply beautiful. I adore the pearl earrings!

Bonnie Jane - nice bangle, I love the clasp!

Jacki - lovely purses, I'd love to see more of 'em!

SuzyQ - love that bracelet, very catchy!

DonnaBee
04-16-2004, 03:58 PM
I love it all Barrie, but wow, that huge opal pendant! I don't know a lot about gems, but I haven't seen an opal this size before! And what you have done with it is very cool. I think you and your wonderful customer are lucky to have one another! :clap:

McDuck
04-16-2004, 04:02 PM
I now what I want to be, I want to be Barrie when I grow up :)

Great job everyone! back to the studio for me...too many orders to fill and collaborations to get out by monday! :eek:

-McDuck...in the studio pm me if you need me!

ringslingin
04-16-2004, 04:34 PM
Great work everyone... Barrie, STUNNING Opals! Didya know my birthstone is opal? *bats eyes at you* ;)

SuzyQ
04-16-2004, 04:54 PM
Oh Barrie! I want to be you!!! You make me want to become a silversmith. Gorgeous work.

Jacki ,Those purses are wonderful colors. Loving the jewelry too.

Andee - cool idea and it came out very nice.

Bonnie, great bangle, I love that it is so "artsy"

River's Song Art Jewelry
04-16-2004, 05:05 PM
Hi all,
Barrie, I love your rectangular piece--it's like a molten pool and Andee your necklace is stunning. I'm in awe!! There are some incrediibly talended silver workers here!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have a question about the little picture some of you have on your posts. I put my picture on the forum and it now resides in my bio site. How do I put it on my posts??? (There needs to be a "Wet Canvas for Dummies.")

beclectic
04-16-2004, 06:00 PM
Hi all,
Barrie, I love your rectangular piece--it's like a molten pool and Andee your necklace is stunning. I'm in awe!! There are some incrediibly talended silver workers here!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have a question about the little picture some of you have on your posts. I put my picture on the forum and it now resides in my bio site. How do I put it on my posts??? (There needs to be a "Wet Canvas for Dummies.")

On the left side of the second from the top blue bar you will see a clickable link called 'My WC'. Click on it. On the left is a list of things you can do. Click Edit Avatar. Either select an avatar from the many offered or upload one you have created. They cannot be more than 60x60 pixels.

Have fun. You could be like Donna and change your avatar once a week or more or you could stick with something you really like. Some people call the avatars 'tiny heads'.

River's Song Art Jewelry
04-16-2004, 09:50 PM
Thanks Barbara. With your help I found it. As you can see from my post, I figured it out. :)

beclectic
04-16-2004, 10:24 PM
Thanks Barbara. With your help I found it. As you can see from my post, I figured it out. :)

Great, I'll be glad to help however I can. I just figured out how to put an image in a PM today. This site is very versatile.

Andee
04-17-2004, 03:50 PM
Bonnie Jane - to avoid misunderstandings, I didn't MAKE the centerpiece, so I'm not actually a silver worker! :) I did sign up for a class that'll start next week, tho, so I hope one day I can do it!