PDA

View Full Version : Already Friday EST Show and Tell - 4/16

papiermoonglass
04-16-2004, 12:31 AM
Well we haven't posted in a while, but we just had to share this set. As usual it has pink in it. We just can't seem to get away from using pink, lol. We called this one 'Faint of Heart'.....

Amy and Thom

fay
04-16-2004, 12:43 AM
Amy and Thom: Beautiful set! I love it!! Can never have enough pink!!

Here is Tiger Lilly O Lentils. Have a fantastic Friday.

Teri.p
04-16-2004, 12:48 AM
Amy & Thom -- Pretty pretty - I particularly like the heart - nice shape!

Fay - Love the Tiger Lillies, I have scroll-envy. ;)

Bullseye, from a pile of unlabeled bits & pieces so I don't know the color names. Topped with frit (Gold Purple maybe? don't remember) and Zen White.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Apr-2004/23019-040174azz.jpg

Teri

Moth
04-16-2004, 01:13 AM
Amy and Thom...wow, pink is an understatement! What a rich color you have going there. :clap:

Fay great color combo! Lovin' it!! :D

Teri...now that's what I call PURPLE!!! Too bad you don't know the color names. Drop dead gorgeous!

All I have to show is a single lonely floral tab. :crying: This bead started out really ugly! Just goes to show you can save almost anything if you put pink flowers on it. LOL :rolleyes:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Apr-2004/24464-pinkfloraltabo.JPG

~~Mary

Crap, that picture is huge...sorry! The file size is small though...I swear it is! I optimized it.

mhartjen
04-16-2004, 01:18 AM
Amy & Thom ... love the colors in your heart set ... red, black, green and pink simply beautiful! Fay ... love the Tiger Lilly lentils! Great colors! Teri P ... yummy purples! What a wonderful set of beads. Here are a few of mine ... Dichroic lentil, bicone with metals, a freeform ribbon cane bead and a etched vessel ... Marna

koregon
04-16-2004, 01:42 AM
Amy & Thom...Fay and Teri...beautiful beads!
Mary....nice floral...very nice

hey Marn! gorgoeus beads...that twisty one looks like a gal dancing and swishing her skirts!

here is a focal I did yesterday, playing with some new dichro colors. Moretti glass...I pressed the bead in the xlg cbs...cuz I love the way it tapers the sides so softly...I do it for any shape that will fit length wise, I like it better than the bbq mashers...hardly any chill marks to deal with afterward. The other is a set of lentils...teal transparent with floral designs...kinda tropical floral inspired.

Lisa Jordan
04-16-2004, 01:42 AM
TGIF is right...my kids spring break is almost over! I haven't posted all week and barely torched. I've missed WC!!
Amy, Thom and Mary- your pinks are all fabu
Teri, pretty grapey purple beads
Fay, beautiful set, what is the base color?
Marna, Cool stuff happening in the lentil and the bicone!
Kaye, you jumped in while I was posting..beautiful dichro bead, yummmmm
Here are a few that I managed to get made....

MaryBethC
04-16-2004, 01:47 AM
Beautiful work, everyone :clap:

Here is my latest: olive green and tourmaline pink Czech glass wrapped in fine silver wire.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Apr-2004/14242-silverspring2.jpg

Tink
04-16-2004, 01:55 AM
WOW! Amazing start to the Friday thread!!!! Beautiful work, everyone! I'm swooning over that Tourmaline Pink...

I'm still torching. Had a touch and go start today, then had to go out for a few hours... Started up again a couple of hours ago. Hope to have stuff for the Saturday S&T! Back to work for me!!!!

:D

Briatha
04-16-2004, 02:45 AM
Amy and Thom 'Faint of Heart' is breathtaking!
Fay Tiger Lilly O Lentils and bicone are stunning!
Teri mouthwatering purple bullseye!
Mary great save...it's gorgeous!
Marna scrumptious array of eye candy!
Kaye exquisite dicro focal and the lentil set is enchanting! (I love your lentils!)
Lisa fabulous focals!
Mary Beth very lickable set!

I have been using ChristyL's (caprivat) lentil mold this week and I have to say it is very very user friendly!! I have been getting very consistant results with it. I haven't decided whether I like it or the CBS best but am leaning toward using it more and the CBS less. I like the flatter type lentil ChrisyL's mold makes.
Vysaka and Wedgewood Neshwan

LoriGreenberg-Beadnerd
04-16-2004, 03:07 AM
Beautiful, everyone. I guess it's a pink kind of day so here go mine:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Apr-2004/16432-2004_0415a1.jpg

I don't know what's come over me. Does anyone find themselves working with colors that they never thought the would? The glass sure does have power over me!

wildfirelauri
04-16-2004, 04:43 AM
Happy Friday y'all!
Amy/Thom-love the bold combo, especially the encased latticino beads.
Fay-nice scroll work.
Teri-now that's PURPLE!
Moth-crisp and clean floral, it's bloomin.
Marna-!!! that's what I'm talkin about!!
Kaye-the green focal pops. looks like spring.
Lisa-I love your style. your beads all have personality.
MaryBeth-mouth watering set. pass me a slice of watermelon.
Briatha-I've always loved web style designs. they look great lentilized.
Lori-great color with fun and funky shape. keep em coming.

Here's a few boro cabs I'm playing with.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Apr-2004/10074-borocabs.jpg

Here's to a nice weekend for all.

acorns2oaks
04-16-2004, 07:23 AM
Happy Friday y'all!
Amy/Thom-love the bold combo, especially the encased latticino beads.
Fay-nice scroll work.
Teri-now that's PURPLE!
Moth-crisp and clean floral, it's bloomin.
Marna-!!! that's what I'm talkin about!!
Kaye-the green focal pops. looks like spring.
Lisa-I love your style. your beads all have personality.
MaryBeth-mouth watering set. pass me a slice of watermelon.
Briatha-I've always loved web style designs. they look great lentilized.
Lori-great color with fun and funky shape. keep em coming.

Here's a few boro cabs I'm playing with.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Apr-2004/10074-borocabs.jpg

Here's to a nice weekend for all.

Lauri,

GREAT cabs! As a newbie, I have to ask... how do you shape your cabs? a graphite paddle? I am mostly working with 104coe, but I would like to make cabs either round or (my preference) would be oval shaped. I just can't figure out how to make these "non-mandrel" objects!

Thank you in advance for any help you can give!

Stacy

rosebead
04-16-2004, 07:35 AM
Thanks for the eye candy everybody!

MaryBeth I love that green & pink combo! I think I'm going to look in my closest & see if I can wear those colors today. They are so yummy. Maybe I can borrow your beads to go with the outfit :)

mperaza
04-16-2004, 09:01 AM
WOW - what a way to start the day!! Beautiful work everyone.

Amy & Thom, Faint of Heart is gorgeous!
I love the Tiger Lilly lentils Fay
Mary, beautiful flowers
Marna, fantastic as always (I really like the vessel)
Kaye - love the dichro bead - your lentils are great
Lisa - How unique and lovely
Marybeth - Just stunning
Briatha - very nice lentils
Lori - simply yummy!
Lauri - great cabs
All in all - a wonderful display of talent here!

Here are a few of mine - these are filling an order from a local bead store.
Have a great day!
Marilyn

beadamaniac!
04-16-2004, 09:18 AM
Cool beads and great color combinations today!

Lisa Jordan, I love that twisted focal!

Here's my latest addition...

blissfulgardenbeads
04-16-2004, 09:29 AM
In a rush this morning, but here are mine. Have a great day! Heather

quill
04-16-2004, 10:03 AM
Spectacular show & tell today!

I played with dichroic yesterday. I wish it showed up better in photos. There is a lot of glitter in these.

taneres
04-16-2004, 10:05 AM
I haven't perused the S&T all week. I just love seeing what everyone is creating. Lori, your set is my favorite!! You have a real young one that competes with your torch time too, don't you? Just amazing. Scrumptious!!!

Here's a custom order and a 'almost the same' ebay set:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Apr-2004/14317-saritapinkgreen2.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Apr-2004/14317-alice0414.jpg

Oh, and one more that was a break from detail and dots.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Apr-2004/14317-rosemary0414a.jpg

Serena

GinaJ
04-16-2004, 10:16 AM
WOW, fabulous beads today! The colors are so happy! Here's my contribution for today......

Lara
04-16-2004, 10:35 AM
Very pretty beads today all.

Some new ones of mine:

lwdstk66
04-16-2004, 10:54 AM
I know it is out of focus. Sorry. I will try to take a better one. New camera.

sandree
04-16-2004, 11:08 AM
Great beads, everyone....I have missed perusing the show and tell for a while. It always makes me smile.

I have to share a "bead girl" my daughter made with some lampwork, pipe cleaners and ceramic tubes. And a freeform with soft glass, silver leaf and copper ruby frit...and boro set.

Sandy

jujeebeads
04-16-2004, 11:10 AM
Lots of beauties here today! Thanks for the morning show

I had an eBay customer suggest making a transparent fish (She bought my transparent bunny). I thought I would give it try with my new Amber Rose glass! I like it, it kind of looks hollow. Anyhow, it's on eBay and she already bid on it!:)

Judy :cat:

McDuck
04-16-2004, 11:11 AM
What a beautiful show and tell. You all are so inspiring to wake to every monring! I cant wait to find time to torch as the ceramic beads have taken a life of their own and I cant put them down! just added an image of some masks pendants I made. They are still in the kiln cooling, so these were greenware last night. Gosh After they are glazed any of your beautiful beadies would look wonderful with them ;)
-Mary

SonyaHusko
04-16-2004, 11:21 AM
I'm supposed to be getting ready for work, so I don't have time to comment on everything, but Quill, those hearts are beautiful! And Serena, I love the etched pink set!

Here are some boro beads. In the set of four, the plunged eye bead and the disc are by me, the two gorgeous focals are by Chris. He has come up with a new color combination that I am in love with (second bead down) The purple (pink?) focal is also by Chris.

beclectic
04-16-2004, 11:32 AM
Amy & Thom ... love the colors in your heart set ... red, black, green and pink simply beautiful! Fay ... love the Tiger Lilly lentils! Great colors! Teri P ... yummy purples! What a wonderful set of beads. Here are a few of mine ... Dichroic lentil, bicone with metals, a freeform ribbon cane bead and a etched vessel ... Marna

Your freeform bead looks like a dancer from the angle you photographed it.

lwdstk66
04-16-2004, 11:56 AM
Here is a necklace I made with lapis, sterling, & a seashell. I wanna go back to the sun and the beach!!

lwdstk66
04-16-2004, 12:58 PM
Here is one more!

rosebead
04-16-2004, 01:43 PM
I love your colors Serena, & Mary please show us those masks when you glaze them!

Trishki
04-16-2004, 02:58 PM
Beautiful beads everyone!
I hardly ever do sculptural stuff, but we had a vase with daffodils and tulips on the dining room table, and they spoke to me...I was so proud they didn't crack. While I'm still proud, now that they are photographed, I see all the flaws and want to see if I can't do better. It's all about the journey....

ChristyL
04-16-2004, 04:56 PM
Beautiful work today everyone! I forgot to show this set I did a couple of days ago, been down with a nasty nasty bug all week. This set is coppergreen, silvered ivory, etched with chocolate brown spacers.
Hugs*
ChristyL

Tink
04-16-2004, 09:05 PM
Spectacular show & tell today!

I played with dichroic yesterday. I wish it showed up better in photos. There is a lot of glitter in these.

Those are the best hearts I have EVER seen in my LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Sonya, that solitary bead is, I do believe, the prettiest bit of boro I have EVER seen...

kctori
04-16-2004, 10:11 PM
Great work everyone... I can tell Spring is in the air with all the florals that have sprung forth!

I FINALLY have found a purple - Lauscha, (Glassdaddy.com) that really rocks my world!!