PDA

View Full Version : A Painter tut..........

flowerfancy58
04-15-2004, 11:28 PM
I have just written a tutorial for Painter8. It's a tut for beginners, and is a fairly easy one to follow:)

Hopefully some of you might enjoy it!

Here is the link

Pansy tutorial (http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/maidenloveland/pansy.html)

ExpressMark
04-16-2004, 12:31 AM
I have just written a tutorial for Painter8. It's a tut for beginners, and is a fairly easy one to follow:)

Hopefully some of you might enjoy it!

Here is the link

Pansy tutorial (http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/maidenloveland/pansy.html)

Nice Tute! Question, How is that Painter 8 compared to Painter 7, any better?
I have been dying to get to upgrade but not on the agenda yet.

Was just curious your thoughts about it and the differences. Is it worth the extra bucks for the upgrade?

ExpressMark
MBStudios

flowerfancy58
04-16-2004, 02:00 AM
Thank you ExpressMark:)

I started out with Painter 8 and really don't know about 7, so I'm not able to comment about the differences.

Corel has a nice video showing 8's features though, and also you can try it free for 30 days.

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Corel2/Products/Home&pid=1047022702185&trkid=922

I am very happy with the program and find it easy to use. Well worth the money:)

gloria

Jet
04-16-2004, 05:05 AM
Mark,
this is an excerpt from some buyer's review......

A Near Perfect Program for creating Art

It took me a few months to break down and buy this. I had Painter Classic and Painter 7, and I liked them, but they weren't what I really wanted.<P>Painter 8 was exactly what I was looking for. The color mixer is wonderful! I can finally get the colors I want quickly and easily. The new interface is so intuitive and not at all intrusive like Painter 7's. The new brushes are brushes I want and use. Painter 7 had a lot of the same brushes with few variations organized in a haphazard fashion.<P>If you enjoy the look of natural media, and you enjoy the flexiblility and forgivability of digital media, Painter 8 is for you. I am so glad I bought it. I just wish I had purchased it earlier. It is a big improvement over 7.
I guess it's gonna be worth the 120-40 bucks for the upgrade.
I just hope the bugs are out for good after the patch-up works.

What do you think Mark ?

Regards

LadyAlba
04-16-2004, 09:31 AM
Here is mine from the tut this was really easy to follow Gloria thank you ever so much I might eventually get a handle on Painter 8 LOL

auntchristine
04-16-2004, 10:12 AM
A question about "add a layer" please? For us dabblers :D When you say at the start "add a layer" which type? Rastor? Vector? Adjustment? New Background? I never know what layer when instructions say "add a layer."

Thanks so much; this looks great.

flowerfancy58
04-16-2004, 10:20 AM
Thank you for asking AuntChristine,

Add a raster layer:) Most of the time it will be a raster layer with other tutorials also. In any case, if you were to have the wrong layer added the program would let you know right away, because your tools wouldn't work.

Are you working with PSP by any chance? If so, then don't worry about a pencil tool, simply use a small paint brush to draw out the petal shapes:)

gloria

JCoop
04-16-2004, 10:55 AM
Gloria, great tut! :clap: LadyAlba, nice job! :clap:

Jet
04-16-2004, 12:02 PM
Lady, i just downloaded it.

i'll try it out later.

Thanks