PDA

View Full Version : Mama told me not to come...

Tamana
04-15-2004, 08:14 PM
"She said: 'That ain't the way to have fun! [ho'on]!'"

Guys forgive forgive forgive me!!! But I'm just so in love with art right now!! Overlook overlook if you want!!!

7 x 10 Oil Pastels/graphite on grey gesso on linen watercolor

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Apr-2004/18021-Mama_told_me2.jpg

Closerings:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Apr-2004/18021-Mama_Detail.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Apr-2004/18021-MamaDetail2.jpg

~

"Hello, my name is Tammy, and I'm addicted to art."

"HI TAMMY!!! What are your plans for tonight?!"

"My taxes? Four hours is enough time, right?!"

:rolleyes:

B*stard IRS...

somerset
04-15-2004, 08:56 PM
Three Dog Night? Whew!
Some one has fallen in love with figures; keep 'em coming.

Bisco
04-15-2004, 09:33 PM
There is a story being told...
this is chilling tam

Smileawhyl
04-15-2004, 11:02 PM
. . . but come she did, despite the directive :evil:

Tamana
04-16-2004, 09:36 AM
Somerset: Thanks, appreciate your encouragement. :) Three Dog Night, phew, what memories that one brings back...

Bisco: She's not afraid. ;) Thanks for reading the story.

Patty: That she (we ALL) did!! :p Thanks for popping in!

Thanks guys, preciate your support. I'm going to be redoing some parts of her today though. I'm not really happy with the eye, looks too 'anime' for me. Additionally, I had considered placing her foot on top vs. under her dress but opted for under. I think I'm going to place it on top today. I like toes.

Thanks to you guys for your tossed crumbs to this flying gull right now (remember; NO alkaseltzers!!). ;)

~

woodieuk
04-16-2004, 12:02 PM
I have never posted a reply before, but i was moved by this.
Disturbing but beautiful. I could look at this for hours.

mjt
04-16-2004, 01:31 PM
Great use of contrast and textures. A very rich painting.
Michael

surreal
04-16-2004, 03:15 PM
Nice going, Tam!

What a departure for you!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Michael-Ann
04-16-2004, 03:29 PM
Even though one might think that the looming dark figure is the villainous sort...me thinks however the sweet little lady with the "come hither" eyes is the one to be wary of, something tells me she is well beyond the dark figure's scope of abilities...and wanna see some toe action...oh yeahhhhh...

smorin
04-16-2004, 04:23 PM
3 words..I love it

Tamana
04-16-2004, 06:52 PM
woodieuk: I am honored; look all you wish. Thank you. :)

mjt: I have fallen in love with oil pastels. I think they are a stepping stone to painting in oils (for me). Thank you for replying. :)

Nina! I'm so glad to see you back around here! Yep, departure is the right word. I've taken up the hobby of change and I can barely keep up with myself!! Glad you're around to. :)

Michael-Ann, reworked the toesies etc. I'll try to get a shot of it later for you. I always appreciate your comments and your time. :)

smorin: Two words...Thank you. :)

Thanks again guys for sharing your play time with me. I do appreciate it.

pipicacassosso
04-16-2004, 07:38 PM
Holysmokey Tam, a real departure. And what an interesting composition too.

brushstroked
04-19-2004, 01:03 PM
Hm. My mama told me not to come, too...which is the ONLY reason I was a virgin until the age of 23. :D

I love her smirk. Those taunting eyes. Such delicious little details mounting up to one huge conclusion: you're an artist. Full bore, head on, unwilling to let that tiny, inconsequential fear of the unknown stop you. I'm happy for your oil pastels. I'm happy for your linen watercolor paper. I'm happy for you. :)

However, I'm not very fond of Mr. Blue. Something shady about that character....he wants to destroy our innocence. Look: he even appeared in a photograph of me peeking into a window - you can see him in the glass. :p

Pilan
04-19-2004, 05:11 PM
same here, I love it. It brings up memories. :clap:

3 words..I love it

Tamana
04-19-2004, 07:30 PM
Pipi - Thanks. Don't know that I've departed from anywhere (per se) as much as maybe just taking a break from some old toys and learning to play with some new. ;) Thank you always for playing with me. :)

Lauraura - Imma artiste'?! I needa hat!! I swear I will have one of those one day!! It's just some different play is all. Sometimes you feel like wearing green even if you know red's your color, ya know? ;) Fear can be tricky...but I'm pretty certain that I don't care anymore about anything except the play along the way. Glad u're playing too. :) And I'm happy that you're happy for my toys and me. And I'm happy for your film and your camera and I'm happy for you too!! :D *boi-yoi-oing-gah-gah-gah...* ;) :angel:

Praps Mr. Blue jes wants to play wif you too? :D Yep!!! I see him! There he is right there. Just wait til I see him again!! Thanks, you, for your encouragement and support! Alway in all ways appreciated, as you are, sistah...hey sistah go sistah.... :)

Pilan - Thank you. :) Memories?! :cool: Oh do...share, Pilan. :D Do share....;)

Thanks again guys for playing. :) Preciates you alls...
~