PDA

View Full Version : 4/15 Night Owl Show and Tell

Foofaraw
04-15-2004, 07:13 PM
Ok, so I know it's only like 3pm on the west coast, but here on the east coast, we've had dinner and are getting ready to send the kids to bed ( :clap: )!!!

This set may look like nothing special, but all of the colors used are either hand mixed or color layered to achieve the colors. I have a special order for particular colors that aren't available, so I'm slowly but surely getting closer!!!!

http://www.foofarawbeads.com/images/Peachblossom.jpg

Jacinthe
04-15-2004, 07:15 PM
Jenn,

Absolutely delicious, how do you do those little flowers? I've been wondering that long time now...

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

PS BTW, how is being a fulltime glassie going for you?

dread
04-15-2004, 07:24 PM
I love that color combonation ! their wow

Like Sara - I've been wondering how you do those flowers ?

nicker
04-15-2004, 07:34 PM
Jen....yummy :p I love the colors, very spring. Those flowers are very funky I really like the look.

Foofaraw
04-15-2004, 07:36 PM
"how do you do those flowers"

You're going to slap yourself on the forehead and say "doh" when I tell you because it's that easy!

Put your dots, 3, 4, 5, 6 how ever many you want in a circle to form your petals and then melt them in. If you want a dual colored petal then take your second color and place tiny dots near the tip of each petal in the contrasting color and then melt in. Then once everything is good and melted in, spot heat each flower, with your poker poke the center of each flower as if you were going to make a bubble center. Then reheat the bead. The poke will gradually smooth out and you will have the look of the petals being pointed towards the center.

See, I told you it was that easy!

nicker
04-15-2004, 07:47 PM
I forgot my set! I am not so fond of this one but none the less here it is!

Teri.p
04-15-2004, 08:34 PM
Jenn - sweetie, those -are- special .... love 'em!

Nicole - Nice set - I really like the shape of the focal!

These are made of Spectrum, with a little bit of Zesty Tangerine frit thrown in just because. Thanks to all the good advice I've read here, I worked the glass cool and maintained the luscious color!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Apr-2004/23019-040173azz.jpg

Teri

ps ...... it was an absolutely gorgeous day here, sunny and 70. ahhhhhhhh spring!!!!

Foofaraw
04-15-2004, 08:35 PM
Nicker, I really like that bead and the colors, and as much as I like the rock, I think it is not doing your beads justice. It was very distracting for me and I had a hard time focusing on the details of the beads. But then again it may just be because I've been up since......I don't even know when, but a long time! :D

Alan Cross
04-15-2004, 08:37 PM
Nice job Jennifer and thanks for your little explanation on the flowers..
Alan :)

nicker
04-15-2004, 08:40 PM
Jenn, thanks for the instructions I am going to try that as soon as I get Rubino....I know the rock is distracting, I can't figure out what else to use? I need it to be outdoors for the light.

Alan Cross
04-15-2004, 08:40 PM
Here are a couple I just made for a commision they came out of the kiln and into the setting and are gone.....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Apr-2004/13186-Earrings_Jody.jpg

Briatha
04-15-2004, 09:01 PM
Jenn I love the colors on your scrumptious lentils! Thanks for telling how to do the flowers.
Nicole yummy poppin colors!
Teri mouthwatering set!
Alan those earrings are drop dead gorgeous!

!Karen
04-15-2004, 09:37 PM
Jenn, thanks for the instructions I am going to try that as soon as I get Rubino....I know the rock is distracting, I can't figure out what else to use? I need it to be outdoors for the light.

Could you lay a piece of cloth over the rock? Like maybe a piece of cross-stitch fabric? I've seen that used and it's a nice background.

I know you have a ton of fabric Nicole, oh wait, that's a ton a keyrings LOL.

Just put something over it that isn't stark white.

Very nice beads everyone!

:)Karen

nicker
04-15-2004, 09:55 PM
HA no you are right I have a bunch of fabric too! I will try that. The rock works awsome for how it holds the beads and the fabric would not be so busy...BRILLIANT!

Alan Cross
04-15-2004, 10:02 PM
!
Alan those earrings are drop dead gorgeous!

Thanks Faith...

lepoppet
04-15-2004, 11:18 PM
I had just a crappie week at work! It was so nice to come home and play with "Happy" colors.

Denise K
04-15-2004, 11:56 PM
I wouldn't say those beads are nothing special Jenn, I really like them - colour and design.

I love those colours Maria - very cheery.

Can anyone help me with a name for my blue set, I definitely lack creativity when it comes to naming beads.

nicker
04-15-2004, 11:58 PM
Denise..."Iceberg Flowers" popped into my head...I like them!

Patch
04-16-2004, 07:23 AM
Denise,

Frozen in Time...comes to mind for the blue set

Patch

beachbeads
04-16-2004, 08:04 AM
I wouldn't say those beads are nothing special Jenn, I really like them - colour and design.

I love those colours Maria - very cheery.

Can anyone help me with a name for my blue set, I definitely lack creativity when it comes to naming beads.
Everyone's beads are beautiful, but Maria, that long bead is something else, very nice, Sheila