faceoffact
04-15-2004, 07:13 PM
2 things are bothering me :(
1) ocean surface
2) metal things on the chair

http://mysite.verizon.net/res03res/chair1.jpg

GoldCoin
04-16-2004, 12:35 AM
What a super great view of an underwater world. Are you using Painter? The light beams are so realistic, as is the red seaweed. Guess someone could suit up and just sit at the desk and spend hours watching.

Great painting, hope to see more. Glad you found us...

Chiers
04-16-2004, 01:49 AM
I love this! bright beautiful soothing painting. I really like your style. :clap: :clap: :clap:

flowerfancy58
04-16-2004, 07:15 AM
Those light beams are downright terrific:)

gloria

JCoop
04-16-2004, 11:03 AM
Teriffic! I really like the atmosphere you've created.
Try making the ocean floor a bit more "sandy" (grainy) looking. It's too pristine, like the bottom of a pool.

ktellefsen
04-16-2004, 02:42 PM
[QUOTE=faceoffact]2 things are bothering me :(
1) ocean surface
2) metal things on the chair

I love your renderings of sea life. This is quite beautiful.

1 the perspective of the water surface looks a little off to me, I only noticed it because you complained. It maybe shouldn't go as deeply into the picture. Additionally, colors not only darken with distance in water, they also tone down, i.e. lose saturation.

2. The chair: a. the ripple patterns of refracted light you have on the sand also should overlay the desk. b. The metal looks too grey, it should be reflecting the colors in its general area, esp. more blue, but also a little green, yellow and red.

Yako
04-16-2004, 06:37 PM
I like very much your style and colors! Keep going! Bravooo!.... :clap: :clap:
Just curious? Why did you put a desk in the water? Is this going to be an illustration for some kind of story!