PDA

View Full Version : Some No-So-Good Photos of some kinda Nice Beads

Kimberly Affleck
04-15-2004, 04:35 PM
I just got home from work (been there since midnight) and took these guys out of the kiln. Took a quick shower, photographed the beads, and now am on my way out to get something to eat, The photos aren't great, but I did like the beads. Hope you like them! The top two are two sides of the same bead. That bead is large, about 1 3/4 inches across. The others are a more typical size.

Dragonfire
04-15-2004, 04:41 PM
Oh my gosh. Those are so cool. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Wow. Way to go.
Michele

DebbieSue
04-15-2004, 04:42 PM
Beautiful beads! :clap:

Debbie

SimplyShaunda
04-15-2004, 04:50 PM
Oh my God, I love those beads. About how long does it take to make the encased flower one on the torch? :)

sandiestar
04-15-2004, 04:51 PM
those are amazing!!!! what colors are those? is the big one going on the bay?

Kimberly Affleck
04-15-2004, 04:55 PM
Thank you for the compliments! The large flower takes me about 30 minutes. The colors in the lentils are layered with reduction frits and Effetre pastels. I have some un-marked frits, so I can't really tell you which colors I used. The big one is mine, at least for today. I have a show that starts tomorrow, and if it doesn't sell there, I will be putting it up on Ebay sometime.
Kimberly

Lori Peterson
04-15-2004, 04:57 PM
Kimberly, they are all just breathtakingly beautiful. I couldn't pick a favorite but I can say that I am in awe.

midniteburner
04-15-2004, 05:10 PM
Kim,

Each of these beads are sooooo gorgeous!!! I think the one with the orangey flowers is my favorite, even though my opinion might change in the next hour. LOL!!!

Sara

*Naos*
04-15-2004, 05:16 PM
"Kinda nice?"

~pause~ ~blink, blink~

"KINDA NICE??????" ~waving fist~

Yeesh, woman, they're FANTASTIC! I absolutely appreciate the amount of time it must've taken to lay all those dots down. Incredible beads!!!

Am

kybeadmaker
04-15-2004, 06:17 PM
Damn you're GOOD !!!!!! Beautiful beads, Kimberly!!!!!!

nicker
04-15-2004, 06:25 PM
Kimberly..that big lentil is AWSOME...please if you put it up on ebay post the link!

Patricia'sglass
04-15-2004, 06:54 PM
Those are incredible!! Awesome!! :clap:

snootyvixen
04-15-2004, 07:00 PM
Oh WOW!!!!!!!

This is kinda wierd because in my last 10 minutes at the torch today, I had this idea to make a layered flower that would cover the whole of the face of a lentil - very much like yours!

Needless to say, mine did not finish anywhere NEAR the complexity and beauty that is the bead you are showing first!

I think I'll now retire that idea to the back of my mind HAHA!!!

Kimberly - you ROCK!

Vikki

dread
04-15-2004, 07:21 PM
OMYO OMYO OMYO them are some wonderful beads
I love them all but those ones with the deep blue background and all those petals - wow - how ?

Sassyglassgal
04-15-2004, 08:35 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Kim, OMG, jaw dropping to the floor, the first bead>>>lentil that is with the large blue flower, ooh ooh ooh.... I loves it!!!! You always come up with such amazing stuff. Thank you for the look see, good luck at your show.

Alan Cross
04-15-2004, 08:43 PM
Kim those are great and the photos are not that bad ;)
Alan :)

!Karen
04-15-2004, 09:42 PM
Oh yea, those are kinda nice:rolleyes:

They're kinda spectacular! I've never seen anything like them!

I'd be jumping up and down screaming if I made something that beautiful!

Just lovely,
:)Karen

AutumnH
04-15-2004, 10:34 PM
Amazing!

That's it, it's final, I'm camping out under Kimberly's worktable. Seriously! Just send me snacks, an occasional container of frit, and some tasty beverages. I'm just gonna sit there and drool, and take notes.

Kimberly, if I use a bucket for my drool you won't even notice me, I promise!! :D

Kimberly Affleck
04-15-2004, 10:59 PM
That would work out great! I always keep a bucket undser my bench for hot glass bits. Would drool work as well as water? :)

Ignuss-Fatuus
04-16-2004, 12:34 AM
THese are more than "kinda nice" KIM! they are FANTABULOUS! I love those zillion multidot flowers I love it I LVOE IT IWANT them all ;) send them to me heheh gives the beads a come hither look...they really are beautiful wowzers jaw dropping stunning beautiful. They really are my cup of tea :)mmm mmm good *licksscreen*

Moth
04-16-2004, 01:19 AM
Well, Kim...those are just stunning.

I especially love the 'mock implosion' effect you have going on in that huge lentil. Looks like it should be 3D, but it isn't. My eyes tricked me at first. :)

Awesome as always!!
~~Mary

cankeep
04-16-2004, 05:35 AM
~kinda nice~??? I'm speechless! Those are beyond stunning!! Awesome idea for the lentil!!

NYCindy
04-16-2004, 06:41 AM
Good morning, Kimberly!

I love the blue chrysathemum! Lovely use of layered dots! The petals just seem to go on and on! The lentil is perfect for showing it off!

You better make more! Everyone will want one, including me! :-)

Cindy

That bead is large, about 1 3/4 inches across. The others are a more typical size.

happylsds
04-16-2004, 08:55 AM
OMG! OMG OMG!!!

Ditto what everyone else said - and those blue flowers are some of the most fabulous beads I have ever seen! I can't imagine a wolrd where they would not sell imediately - I would expect a stampede!

Peg
04-16-2004, 12:29 PM
Those are fabulous! When you come to The Challenge bring an example as I just want to look and hold one for a few seconds. Oh, would I ever get to the point of making anything so lovely and so perfect? Big sigh!!! Your control amazes me. Peg M

GinaJ
04-16-2004, 02:03 PM
What everybody said times 100...... !!! They are gorgeous! :clap:

blazinghussy
04-16-2004, 02:12 PM
Gorgeous beads, Kim! I really, really LOVE the fish scale technique etched like that (at least I'm assuming you gave it an acid bath, it looks matte to me :) )

Kel

cate22
04-16-2004, 02:29 PM
"Kinda nice beads?" Talk about understatement! I really love the encased flower bead on lower right too. Beautiful colors and sooo perfect. Much success with your show tomorrow! Cate

Trishki
04-16-2004, 03:08 PM
Thud!.....

<<<speachles>>>

Lara
04-16-2004, 11:00 PM
Yup, I'm with everyone else here Kim "Kinda Nice" HA, those are more that just kinda nice. I'm with Peg, just hold those and bring them to the next challenge and I'll buyone. SCRUMPTIOUS.
Lara

Jacinthe
04-17-2004, 02:36 AM
I just got home from work (been there since midnight) and took these guys out of the kiln. Took a quick shower, photographed the beads, and now am on my way out to get something to eat, The photos aren't great, but I did like the beads. Hope you like them! The top two are two sides of the same bead. That bead is large, about 1 3/4 inches across. The others are a more typical size.

Kimberly, I don't know how I missed your post, but those beads are all to die for! Absolutely amazing! more more more more!

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

mtbarr
04-17-2004, 11:50 AM
Bet those particular beads never make it to Ebay!

Kim, make more... gonna be something BIG!!! Bring some to June challenge. Sure sorry work gets in the way of your productions.... ;)

Shirley C.
04-17-2004, 02:20 PM
good freakin' grief, girl - these are stunning!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

J Harris
04-17-2004, 09:45 PM
WHOOOO HOOOO....you LAY them dots down girlfriend!!!!! :clap: :clap:

Jan