PDA

View Full Version : Save your Altoid tins for me!

ringslingin
04-15-2004, 04:21 PM
Hi folks...

I'm back from my visit to Virginia, and am asking a favor of all of you. If you use altoids, or other mints that come in the little tin boxes can you save them for me? I have a project in mind for them. Would be happy to send you SASE's if ya don't mind sharing them with me!

PM me or e-mail me [email protected] to let me know.

THANKS

Denise

jennakate
04-15-2004, 04:58 PM
i'm curious what your project is! please post if anything comes of it.

ringslingin
04-15-2004, 06:10 PM
i'm curious what your project is! please post if anything comes of it.

I'm gonna turn em into little treasure chests, hopefully, but I haven't tried it yet. If all goes well, I'll do the prototype tonight. Will post pix! I promise!

Got any altoid tins? :)

lisilk
04-15-2004, 06:30 PM
Hi Denise,

Aren't those little tins great ? They make great change purses for cigar box purses.

I did this one as a fairy journal for a fantasy cigar box that I did. It's collaged with handmade...itty- bitty pages. Sorry the photo's are cruddy. ( I know..it's not wearable ! )

I have a few extra's I can mail you. ( I'm addicted to cinnamon altoids ! ) P.M. me your address.

Li

SuzyQ
04-15-2004, 06:35 PM
Oh dear, I beg them off people too. I love to create little boxes with polymer clay. I can't wait to see what you will be doing.

lisilk - love that book!

debkauz
04-15-2004, 09:26 PM
Oh, boy! Just PM me your adddress and I will send you some! I have a few saved for a project that I will NEVER get done, so you can have all that I can find. Can't wait to see the final.

And...does anyone use CD's for anything? I save them but never use them. Not the real ones, but the AOL, etc ones. I know you can make a lot of cool stuff with them with acrylic paint and rubber stamps, but I have too many irons in the fire as it is.

Deb

lisilk
04-15-2004, 09:37 PM
Deb,

I have an Altered CD's Project going here at WC. I'll p.m. you my address and pay postage. :D They are so fun and quick to work on. Thanks !

Li

sassybird
04-15-2004, 09:39 PM
I have a few little tin boxes around. PM me your address and I will send them to you.

ringslingin
04-15-2004, 09:40 PM
Thanks so far yall!!! Ooh I can't wait to get started on this project. I am SO tempted to run and buy some altoids, but I'll be spending enough on the supplies as it is!!!

Anyone else, hehe?

Denise

ringslingin
04-15-2004, 09:42 PM
Hi Denise,

I did this one as a fairy journal for a fantasy cigar box that I did. It's collaged with handmade...itty- bitty pages. Sorry the photo's are cruddy. ( I know..it's not wearable

That's amazing~! *tucks her project sheets away in shame* LOL. I wish I could paint like that!

d

Charlee
04-16-2004, 12:17 AM
LOL Denise, I'm a tin hoarder too. They make great little shrines and such. Can't wait to see what you're plotting!

Li, your wee book is delightful! How did you get the pages in the tin and all together?

Charlee

artbabe21
04-17-2004, 04:25 PM
Wow...I'm curious to see what you're doing with them?:)

Li...love your box...thought it was hand painted...how did you attach the signatures? :) I never though to make a book out of it...though I did take an old antique locket & make signatures to place inside it...for the smallest journal...:D