PDA

View Full Version : Angst

Michael-Ann
04-15-2004, 01:21 AM
still wet off the press and kinda shiny...sorry, it is night time right now so I had to use a flash...I spoze if I wasn't impatient...I would wait until daylight tomorrow, but I was really wondering what you think...thank you :D

Gar
04-15-2004, 01:37 AM
I dig it. Almost like it could be the pubic hair of the earth. A manic kinda buzzing, but also a calmness. Nice.

Michael-Ann
04-15-2004, 01:46 AM
Thank you Gar :) I like your website...I was checking it out earlier. Your studio pictures are the best.

Gar
04-15-2004, 02:01 AM
Thank you for taking the time to look Michael-Ann. The "Studio" section does rawk indeed. I realize my paintings section still need s a lot of work and adding of paintings. That's my summer project. To photgraph, scan, and implant photos of many of my old paintings to the site. heh..web work can be daunting. but yeah.. thanx again and sweet dreams. I'm tuckered out. G'nite.. :angel:

Love - Gar

muchfoolishness
04-15-2004, 02:20 AM
good raw paint work
when crow crashed into the ground
and all everything broke loose

Maryem
04-15-2004, 04:46 AM
A far cry from fairies.......

In fact, a far cry........very powerful.

Mary

trumball
04-15-2004, 06:48 AM
absolutely awsome, :clap:

Michael-Ann
04-15-2004, 09:41 AM
Thank you MuchFoolishness...I do so love the crow crashing...makes we want to try and go play with that notion.

Thank you Mary. I've still got a fairy or two floating around the house begging me to put her on eBay er something :D

Thanks kindly Trumball.

Tamana
04-15-2004, 10:05 AM
Wow, this is unexpected after the ! :) You have a remarkable range in expression and I love that; not ever knowing what to expect from an artist. I love the application of this and the effect -- messy as anger often is: an emotional bonfire...

Well done, Michael-Ann.

arourapope
04-16-2004, 12:28 AM
This could be many things. I see figures shifting one into the other, magma, the forming of the planet, the war between the gods and the giants, fallen angels, alchemy, lost planets. Oi. Very chthonic and intense.

Smileawhyl
04-16-2004, 12:35 AM
When it burns in your gut, that is angst indeed. There's a lot of release, healthy and heartfelt. Nice movement and shock and oh so much yearning . . . and I love that you were burning to show it!

Michael-Ann
04-16-2004, 12:49 AM
Tamana, Aurorapope, and Smileawhyl - I can't begin to tell you how beautiful you are to me...and perhaps I shouldn't, cause that is just sappy... I wish so much that I had met you 20 years ago...thank you :)

WV.Artistry
04-16-2004, 09:04 AM
Tamana, Aurorapope, and Smileawhyl - I can't begin to tell you how beautiful you are to me...and perhaps I shouldn't, cause that is just sappy... I wish so much that I had met you 20 years ago...thank you :)

If you don't mind my $.02

We are in life exactly where we want to be, otherwise, we would organize our actions in a linear past differently to arrive at where we are, and want to be.

Apparently, mine have eclipsed to be at this moment, looking at your painting.

It's a beautiful work.

Tamana
04-16-2004, 09:52 AM

Michael-Ann, that is a very lovely thing to say. :) Thank you. And no, I don't think it's sappy at all. I wish the world were more apt to express feelings rather than worry about how it looks or sounds for fear of being rejected or hurt. But as it stands, people repress, hold in for not wanting to appear vulnerable, when vulnerable in and of itself demonstrates such strength and self-confidence in the fact that despite appearing foolish to others, or endure possible ridicule, the person is willing to take the risk and move through the pain of it vs. not ever conveying their heart's content.

It's those such as yourself, who take the time out of a day, a moment out of play, to let others know what a difference they are making in a not-so-nice world sometimes. I use to focus on hope. Hope hope hope...it always seemed pretty dismal at times too. Then my mentor altered my focus from hope and hopelessness (be they hours days months years) to trust. Trusting that no matter what happens tomorrow, it will take care of itself. And if it's bumpy, then so be it...the beautiful thing about tomorrow is that it evolves into today always with another tomorrow to trust.

Trust vs. hope can affect the way you live and think.

Thank you again for sharing your heart. I too am honored that you are a part of this forum and that I know you. :)

Drumbeat-trish
04-16-2004, 02:50 PM
Oh -I am so glad I looked in here - wonderful , raw emotion !!!!!!!!

pipicacassosso
04-16-2004, 09:17 PM
Primal, Powerful, Potent, Pivotal, Poignant and Paintful
Pipi.

chandlerjr
04-17-2004, 01:12 AM
Michael-Ann,
Although I am a realist painter, I like to stop by the abstract forum from time to time. Not sure what it is, but I like it! Even a realist can appreciate abstract art that demonstrates a masterful use of color--which you did. :clap:

Larry C.

zynnya
04-17-2004, 01:30 AM
I see a tree with gnarled branches, exposed roots going into/near the water in the foreground, sunset behind, reflected in the water, blue sky & clouds above.

I like your brushwork.

Michael-Ann
04-17-2004, 01:32 AM
Pipi I am positively pleased as punch that you like :D

Michael-Ann
04-17-2004, 01:35 AM
Wow! Larry and Zynnya thank you so very much. I am really flattered that you like... :D