PDA

View Full Version : Seascape WIP

bellasmiiles
04-15-2004, 12:33 AM
Hi everyone...I am about half way finished with this seascape.....I will be working on the sky and the large rock next and working my way down..any comments are welcome..Thanks you ! PS...I apologize for the glare as I could not get my camara to co-operate :confused:

Leaflin
04-17-2004, 03:59 PM
Cheryl your sky is beautiful as is the reflection.
I love the warmth of your colours.
What are your plans for the large rock?

bellasmiiles
04-17-2004, 05:00 PM
Hi Leaf...

The rock is too flat without definition so I am planning to give it some highlights and texture. Right now it is pretty flat looking. I am going to finish up the sky hopefully the week as there are more little clouds to be added which will give the clouds a little more balance and I will be adding a little bit of glow right at the horizon line just below the clouds. I have alot of work to do to get this where I would like it to be....I do not get to work on it as much as I would like because of work etc :(

Thanks so much !

ripvanblair
04-18-2004, 05:50 AM
This painting is very pleasing , gives me a nice feeling, great colours--------well done-------Alan

Marty C
04-24-2004, 09:58 PM
Hi Cheryl,
This work shows great promise, the beach and waves are very good. It will be interesting to see what you do with the rock. Backlit as it is by a strong sun I would expect mainly a silhouette. The sky is warm and interesting and balanced by more clouds will be wonderful. Looking forward to progress on this.

bellasmiiles
04-25-2004, 12:04 PM
Hi Marty...

Thank you for your ideas....I am definately going to be balancing out the sky. Seems like every time I go to this piece I find something else I want to do with it that I had not realized before. There has been more to it than I thought there would be when I started it. But slowly but surely I will get there. I have not been able to work in it as much as I would like but plan to get back in the groove this week and will bring it back to the thread for more suggestions and ideas...

Thanks again. Cheryl