PDA

View Full Version : Wristlet

sassybird
04-15-2004, 12:10 AM
Copper wire, faux pearls, onyx, and coral.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Apr-2004/1355-Bracelet_1.jpg

Shirley C.
04-15-2004, 12:52 AM
yum, charissa - i like this one a lot! out of curiosity, how does it close?

lisilk
04-15-2004, 01:08 AM
Hi Charissa,

You are cracking me up ! You are sooooooooo hooked, line and sinker. LOL. Your mixed media is showing.

I like the urban art feel and looseness of this piece. It's almost sculptural. Good question, how does it close ?

Li

sassybird
04-15-2004, 01:59 AM
It is a slip on. The wire can be manipulated to fit any size wrist.

beclectic
04-15-2004, 08:53 AM
It is a slip on. The wire can be manipulated to fit any size wrist.

How does it wear? Is it comfortable? What about when you lay your arm down on a table or something?

I really like the look and the copper is so pretty. I wish copper would stay that color.

I was wondering, has anyone tried this type of crochet work with Beadalon or any of the other coated cable products? Beadalon comes in colors and might make a pretty effect for this application. Hmmm... so many ideas so little time.

SuzyQ
04-15-2004, 09:23 AM
Isn't that cool looking!

Beadalon sounds like a possibility, slippery but possible.

TheBlueBetween
04-15-2004, 10:25 AM
That is VERY COOL! I saw some similar pieces last Christmas down at Pike Place Market in Seattle for sale - in the hundreds... sterling though, not copper.

jacki
04-15-2004, 12:17 PM
Very nice Charissa! Did it take a long time? Is it difficult to get used to crocheting the wire? I love the warmth of the copper.

Charlee
04-15-2004, 12:36 PM
Your wristlet has caused deep and intense lust in my heart for a piece like that. :evil: I have some fine-gauge silver wire stashed somewhere and it just might be enough.

Charlee <-- plotting

sassybird
04-15-2004, 12:57 PM
beclectic, it feels good against my skin, and does fine when I put my arm on a table of the arm of a chair. One thing is that is nice about it is that it can be played with and shaped however I want it, so I don't worry about it becoming flat on one side. I have never heard about Beadalon since I am new to jewelry making, only started when this forum began:D I will have to check that out. Silver tarnishes also, but I like the patina of copper when it begins to change.

jacki, it took me a few tries to get used to crocheting the wire, but once I got the hang of it is was fine going. This took me a couple of hours.

I left the copper on the spool while working this piece. The first thing I did was string my beads on it, and I put more beads on than I thought I would need, so that I would not run out in the middle of the piece. As I worked I would pull one up and chrochet it into the design. I purposely made this a free flowing design by adding a stitch here, dropping one there, making some stitches longer than others, etc.... I wanted a sculptural feel to the piece. It was fun to work the wire:)

Thank you all for your interest:)

Oh! I forgot to tell you that this was made with 28 gauge wire.