PDA

View Full Version : "Release myself from myself"

Gar
04-14-2004, 11:38 PM
Haven't been painting quite as much with all the auditory work i've been doing lately, but have been messing with a few smaller things. This is one of them.

Roughly 16 inches tall
Oil, spray, acrylic, and oil enamel on wood

finished it last month sometime..

Gar Lives..

(Sorry the photo is a bit blurry, but it's the only one i've got as i have since given this piece to an old friend, "Ken" who lives in Charlotte, NC.)

Gar
04-14-2004, 11:41 PM
With Frame...

Gar
04-15-2004, 12:08 AM
I've also been working a lot on creating more music and playing out more. Tomorrow nite i'll be playing a set of my experimental electronic and sound collage at the opening nite of the 2004 Florida Music in Orlando. I'm pretty excited about it. Gonna video it too.. so if there's anyway i can post a part of the video later on, i'll definitely keep those of you interested posted.

Love ya'z - Gar

Ps - Here's da flyer

http://www.ezrpm.com
http://www.floridamusicfestival.com/

lizzy
04-15-2004, 01:06 AM
this is cool like being splattered electrically spewing yr insides out as fish eggs

Maryem
04-15-2004, 04:50 AM
A really, really bad hangover???

Mary

Bisco
04-15-2004, 07:40 AM
Awesome! cool title too rawraw

Tamana
04-15-2004, 10:01 AM
Rock the Casbah (sp? oh hell who cares you know what I'm talking about)

I LOVE your faces. That tangerine and sky are so lovely and soft for the eye. Even the hard reds aren't so much so. We are mostly bags of water that churn and boil and rock with waves and then calm as seas. We are heated to boiling by the sun when all our little angers and insecurities come bubbling out of our mouths as confessions or professions or ...

and then the clouds split and the waves are calmed under the sun of eyes. :)

Well done. I would love to own one of your faces one day. God is still my favorite.

CHARLOTTE?!?! I am right outside of Charlotte!! :D

arourapope
04-16-2004, 12:26 AM
I like the silvery stuff. And the look. I know that look. Great flyer, btw. :)

Smileawhyl
04-16-2004, 12:43 AM
Nobody lays it out and puts it down like you! I'm thinking mac-adelic . . . I'm still thinking mac-adelic . . . yeah . . . MACaDeliK!

Fluid turns no corner before you. Wish I could hear some of what you are putting out.