PDA

View Full Version : show me some beads fumed with silver

Linnea
04-14-2004, 10:11 PM
can you great artists please show me some beads you have made with silver fumeing. What colors do you think look the best fummed with silver?
Thanks so much

Kimberly Affleck
04-14-2004, 10:24 PM
Some nice colors to fume are: Black, cobalt, ivory, striking orange, striking red, purple, tongue pink, and on...................Everything looks better fumed!! Experiment.

rmg
04-15-2004, 03:48 AM
Hi! the trouble with fuming is that it's addictive; I have to keep myself from fuming everything, but the magic of the colour changes is so great!I think the best colours to fume are the blues, greens and black, here are some examples;
Rachelle.

Alethia Donathan
04-15-2004, 06:15 AM
As Kimberly said....experiment. A lot of colors will work. I like to do a combination of gold and silver. Silver you will give you more of a green tone whereas if you fume with gold you will get pink. This bead was fumed with gold then silver

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Apr-2004/10944-Dashes.jpg

Alethia

Moonjewels!
04-15-2004, 07:17 AM
This is light ivory fumed with silver, the more you work it in the flame, the more it 'breaks up' and becomes a yellowed color. I love how it gives the glass an organic, aged appearance.
I silver fume in a slight reduction flame, then put it back in a neutral flame to work it.
Mj

Patricia'sglass
04-15-2004, 01:38 PM
Ok! I love it! Can anyone direct me to a link to teach fuming or anyone want to tell how it's done?
Pattym

Fyrsmith
04-19-2004, 04:46 PM
Here are two boro beads fumed with silver.
The first is a NS turbo cobalt base with white dots melted in, then turned into a lentil then fumed. Notice how the white dots took the silver differently than the turbo cobalt base.

The second is the same turbo cobalt base, which has so much cobalt in it that it turns matt finished. The two outside rows of dots are NS white again, but the inside row is NS turquesa (a light blue with a little silver in it). Notice how the fuming takes differently on different colors. I fume with silver nitrate crystals, I find that easier to control than balancing a piece of silver on a rod.

-Don-

ValorieCox
04-19-2004, 06:20 PM
Some lovely examples in this thread! These are both silver fumed, I haven't done it much, but can certainly see the potential! The top is Bulleye French Vanilla with transparent blue over which fumed metallic. The bottom pink is Gaffer 96 ruby gold cane, fumed. Valorie