PDA

View Full Version : watercolor collage WIP

Sundrop
04-14-2004, 09:11 PM
This is a watercolor collage wip......5.5"x20.5" watercolors,acrylic,gel 140 lb canson...............this is in its first stages,I am going to fill it out and then add detail.....layer after layer.......so stay in tune as I will be adding more pictures as it progresses.......................Steve

Tamana
04-14-2004, 10:11 PM
Ummm I LOVE that palette. It's so warm. Excellent design. Well done.

Sundrop
04-14-2004, 11:04 PM
still working away like a madman.............here are some more pics,Im about halfway there..................I have about 250 pieces involved at this point.........................stay tuned

edwardmartin
04-14-2004, 11:13 PM
I really like your style !!!
Are you doing a series of these ?

Sundrop
04-15-2004, 12:21 AM
I really like your style !!!
Are you doing a series of these ?Thanks for the interest, I wouldnt say a series,I have done many of these in my lifetime,I have 2 different styles,My watercolors and my oils......I just happen to be on this kick at the moment...I have a show coming up in june and this will be one of 30 pieces i will be showing.....check out my history on here to see other pieces i have done.....if you would like to see more thanks steve

Sundrop
04-15-2004, 05:52 PM
Im getting there,I still have a ways to go stay tuned

Sundrop
04-16-2004, 03:23 PM
I am sarting to see it come too life through my eyes,I see what I still need to do,so I still have a ways to go....the process is taking its toll on my mind.....but I can see the end........I have about 900 to 1000 pieces involved at this point.....so stay tuned as the end is near thanks Steve

Sundrop
04-17-2004, 04:43 PM
I am finally done///////////////1500 pieces later....Thanks for looking....

Tamana
04-19-2004, 07:37 PM
1500 pieces....sheeshus....you must have the patience of a saint...I can only imagine the labor that went into this. It really is wonderfully intricate, Steve. It's like looking down on an entire city at dusk....

cudos...well done. :)

Sundrop
04-19-2004, 08:11 PM
1500 pieces....sheeshus....you must have the patience of a saint...I can only imagine the labor that went into this. It really is wonderfully intricate, Steve. It's like looking down on an entire city at dusk....

cudos...well done. :)Thanks Tamana,It definitely took its toll on me,but Im happy with the results.....Thanks for the support...............S

ZOTMA
04-19-2004, 08:20 PM
this style in your body of work is rippin
the amount of effort is obvious
and yet it doesn't show toil, in the way that it would be difficult to look at
(some work looks overworked for all the work, you know?)
anyhoo, this particular one looks like some kind of organically composed circuit board.....some machine made of hand hewn parts.
has a great graphic/design quality as well
diggin it

Bisco
04-19-2004, 09:02 PM
Nice. This is something I would put on my wall.. that wouldnt drive me crazy.