PDA

View Full Version : Tried my hand at organics

emmytr1
04-14-2004, 08:04 PM
I LOVE silver foil and can't wait for Debbies leaf and ivory to come. I just tried my hand at some organic beads this morning before work and I really like them. The pictures stink as usual, as we havn't had any sun in months it seems, but I thought I'd post them anyway. I wish I could get a good shape down though but I'm sure that will become eaiser with practice, practice, practice.

Mary Lou

emmytr1
04-14-2004, 08:06 PM
Boy the pics are alot worse than I thought but you get the gist.

Mary Lou

MistyCherie
04-14-2004, 08:06 PM
I think they look great! (Much better than my firsts at organics w/silver foil.) Keep up the practice and post more pics when you can.

*squish*

-M

emmytr1
04-14-2004, 08:25 PM
Thank You,
I love playing and I think now organics and silver is my new addiction. My friend has a glass studio and she gave me 5 sheets of foil and now I'm down to one sheet left. Too much fun! I'm drawn to the organic looking beads, I love rocks and live with a large creek just 30 feet away and am fasinated by creek stone. Not good when you've been flooded 3 times in 20 yrs. but I love it.
Mary Lou

nicker
04-14-2004, 08:29 PM
Oh ...Oh ....Oh...that one with purple and teal it looks like! YUMMY!

loco
04-14-2004, 08:38 PM
Very nice, I love the purple! Here they are a bit enlarged:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Apr-2004/29501-414.jpg

loco

emmytr1
04-14-2004, 08:43 PM
WOW !THANKS LOCO!, How did you do that, they still look so much better in person though. I'm learning and I love the process. I can't stay away from my little HH.

Mary Lou

DebbieSue
04-14-2004, 09:04 PM
I especially like that top one! :)

Debbie

loco
04-14-2004, 10:29 PM
WOW !THANKS LOCO!, How did you do that, they still look so much better in person though. I'm learning and I love the process. I can't stay away from my little HH.

Mary Lou
Mary Lou,

Just because you take a picture does not mean "that's all folks"... It is easy and simple to crop, enlarge, brighten and sharpen a picture. Yes, this can even be done with pictures from a regular camera provided it's on CD and you can get it on your computer. I like it simple, I like it free, I like it EZ! Give it a try: http://www.irfanview.com/ This is for the free software downloadable (is that a word?). While there are very fancy programs that will do a lot more for your picture, I am to lazy to learn them and to cheap to buy them :evil:

Your beads are wonderful. I wish I had the talent to do "organic".

loco

jessicah
04-14-2004, 10:50 PM
OK Mary Lou--are you gonna share how you did those :evil: :evil: They're gorgeous!!

emmytr1
04-15-2004, 06:55 AM
I'll share, I feel honered as a newbie to be asked. The one with the purple and teal spots is simply dark ivory base layered with silver foil burnished in rolled in homemade frit of gold ruby, teal, and purple. The black one is a black base with dark ivory in the middle of the bead, silver again and rolled in the same frit. The spotted one is simply dark ivory, silver foil, dark ivory spots on that, melted in. The other two are dark ivory ( seeing a pattern here lol) silver foil, same frit melted in.

Mary Lou