PDA

View Full Version : First post in this forum...here goes nothin'

ThurmanHubbard
04-14-2004, 05:25 PM
Hi All,

I've been lurking here off and on for several weeks now. Being a self-taught amateur, it can be intimidating seeing all the masterfully executed work here... but here goes.

I have two paintings for your viewing. The first I titled, "Madness" and it was completed way back in 1987 while I was in college. It is 16x20, acrylic on canvas. The second was finished a week or two ago, simply called "improv", also acrylic on canvas, but sized 24x30.

Thanks for looking,
Jay :evil:

Tamana
04-14-2004, 08:06 PM
Hi Jay, and welcome. Nice to have you aboard. It appears your styles really haven't changed much since college. This style and the intricacy thereof has always fascinated me. If you haven't checked out Gar's work, I would recommend that you do. I have a feeling you will really relate to his after seeing yours.

Keep on keeping on. :)

pipicacassosso
04-14-2004, 08:11 PM
Welcome, hope to see a whole hell of a lot more from you, Jay.
Love the first one (from 1987). There's something there that really works and grabs with the freedom of color and form and all the action. The second seems a bit more subdued.

Smileawhyl
04-14-2004, 10:18 PM
And I really like what's happening in the upper left on the second!

ThurmanHubbard
04-15-2004, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone. The reason my "style" hasn't changed much over the years is that I stopped painting completely shortly after leaving school, and only in the last year started again.

I will post a few more soon.

Apologies for the poor quality of the first image.

Jay :evil: