PDA

View Full Version : Departure/ oil

arourapope
04-14-2004, 05:17 PM
Hey.
Got another Linear one for you. It's an 16 x 24, oil (and charcoal) on panel.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Apr-2004/568-departure.jpg
detail:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Apr-2004/568-departuredetail.jpg

Hope everyone is happy and sassy today. :)

smorin
04-14-2004, 05:36 PM
I like, I like ...

Lisaanne
04-14-2004, 07:15 PM
Nice color, balance and texture!

Ladders are so rife with symbolism!

muchfoolishness
04-14-2004, 07:44 PM
whimsical and beautiful
u p up u p

praps we need a new forum
contemorary and/or whimsical :)

pipicacassosso
04-14-2004, 08:02 PM
Jacob's ladder going straight up to heaven.
These recent paintings of yours, Aurora, that truly look like rusty items thrown away into some desolate corner or meadow are very meaningful.

Tamana
04-14-2004, 08:10 PM
Aurora's the master of the limited palette that's rarely used and the beautification of the discarded.

Let me tell you, that yellow....ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm that yellow would keep me from climbing any higher on that ladder. I believe it's called being content with what one has, and where one is at.

Beautiful, as always.

trumball
04-15-2004, 06:57 AM
Its exellent, I like it alot.

jnet11
04-15-2004, 11:33 AM
the yellow niggles at me, perhaps the acidity is a bit high?

adore the composition and subject, you are the master of the "beautification of the discarded. "

somerset
04-15-2004, 01:44 PM
'master of the limited palette and the rarely used' -Tamana
'master of the beautification of the discarded' -Jnet11
And master of yesterdays dreams and frailties.

arourapope
04-16-2004, 12:40 AM
Hey Peeps!
Thanks for the eyeballs and tapping fingers. Funny thing about that yellow. It's a new colour for me (light lemon). I like it, but yeah.... it's aciddy! Took me a bit by surprise. It's transparent too, though, which is way cool. It's not quite as aciddy as it looks in this picture, though, Jnet. It's a little more toned down with the white, but it really bounces in the photo.
Anyhoo, that strange little yellow is rocking my world right now. Nothing like trying a new tube of paint.
You know, my son walked through my studio today. He's been busy doing kid stuff lately and hasn't really seen any of these linear paintings. It didn't even occur to me until I saw them through his eyes that it's his art that's inspiring them (he's eight years old). And he loves them! lol. He walked past all the other new stuff without even a glance, but he really grooved on these. I've got a new one I'm working on that was off to the side and it's a seesaw. He said "Mommy! You're painting a see saw!!!!" He's used to me painting much weirder things, I guess.
Well, I hope you guys have a nice night. I really need to get my butt in bed, but I'm gonna look around in here a bit longer.

heh
04-16-2004, 11:05 AM
quite charming

terry roberts
04-16-2004, 12:05 PM
...very interesting piece...

mjt
04-16-2004, 01:34 PM
linear yes, and very effective.
Michael

Brian Firth
04-16-2004, 03:21 PM
aurorapope,
What type and brand of white are you using? It looks thick and translucent like flake white but I could be wrong. I love the textures you are getting! Nice frantic brushstrokes and knife scrapes. I love your style, it is so much more than a simple rendering of what you see! All of your work has a metaphysical power that transcends the senses which is so refreshing. Synaesthesia on canvas. Great!

arourapope
04-16-2004, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the peeks! It's actually titanium white, Brian. I oil out for the last layer, and that helps it not to go chalky.