PDA

View Full Version : Squish

orchid black
04-14-2004, 04:02 PM
Okay... I'm trying again... please give c&c as necessary. Thank you very much!

Tamana
04-14-2004, 08:01 PM
One of the things I admire about you is your persistence, your desire to create. And you will too because your heart is in the right place. One of the things I sense is that you're trying to hard where abstract is concerned (I have no idea why I sense this). The palette in this is beautiful, however, I think you are attempting to be too articulate with it.
I don't know what I'm trying to say.

As for the piece, I could lick that butter-frosting center; but the outlining doesn't seem cohesive with it and that throws the entire piece out of sorts. I would love to see you get messy. Apply paint so thick it runs down the canvas. Slash the paint with a palette knife. Take a yardstick or ruler and smear it. Burn it. From chaos comes order - and I think that's what I'm trying to say. Order. You seem to be placing everything in order. I don't know that order can be just order without chaos first. Does that make sense (to anyone?). I think it can, but I think you lose a step in the process, or you fail to step.

I don't know, I'm no expert I'm just speaking from my heart after watching you and responding to several of your posts. I'm glad you haven't given up because I feel you're going to acheive what you're after if you don't. And one things for certain, two for sure, you can sure title a piece. :) I feel this one oozing between my toes. ;)