PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy

themanda
04-14-2004, 04:10 PM
i hope i'm not in danger of flooding the board with stuff, but i'm on a roll now.

here's another wip just started. i'll not post as many status shots this time, but here's the first steps and a detail of a face i'm very proud of.

Michael
04-14-2004, 09:44 PM
Keep it coming Manda!!

You have good reason to be fired up, you are havig fun and the work looks great!!

Thanks on the messages too...I am off to get a new wacom now...lol!

Jet
04-15-2004, 03:57 PM
Amanda,
going for the gold here !!

keep it up.

Regards

flowerfancy58
04-15-2004, 04:00 PM
Flood away Manda, this is great stuff!! You are on a roll girl, lol!!

gloria:)

themanda
04-20-2004, 04:19 PM
thanks for your words of encouragement!

i cannot begin to tell you how many times i redid this sky. it was killing me! (the main reason i voted for clouds in the poll)

but...here he is, for better or worse. i'm finally satisified with the clouds, and will let him rest. but please, please, please let me know if the clouds or the sky look weird, as i'd like to ship this off for printing on canvas at a much larger size as a gift for my mother. :) don't wanna give her something of poor quality, you know.

here's a whole shot, then a couple of details.

themanda
04-20-2004, 04:35 PM
i tried to attach a progressive animated gif, but it didn't work. (less than 100k, too.)

ah, well. :)

JulieBoyles
04-20-2004, 06:47 PM
I think this is wonderful Amanda! You did a good job with the clouds too. They remind me of what I think of when I hear the phrase "big sky" You're really getting good with this kind of work. Your mom should be very happy with her gift!

Congrats,
Julie

Jet
04-20-2004, 08:38 PM
Great heavy clouds, Amanda..

...Is it me or the cowboy has a resemblance of John-Baron ..?

.. oh,well maybe i'm hallucinating again !!

Regards

pstewart
04-20-2004, 09:15 PM
Amanda, wow! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I am assuming that you did this entire sketch from scratch (?). That's what earned you the WOW! Excellent job of shading too! Glad to see you are making good use of your talents.

Show us more!

Phyllis
http://www.innographx.com/forum
http://www.pbase.com/pstewart

themanda
04-21-2004, 12:44 AM
thanks, everybody! :)

jorge, i guess he looks a bit like john baron...it's probably that tilt to the head, since my kid seems like he's always at a slight angle. just like his ole' mom, i guess. :D

thanks for the wow, phyllis! glad to see you around here! :)

flowerfancy58
04-21-2004, 01:00 AM
Manda,
These sketches are really terrific! What a talent you have for them....... I have enjoyed peeking in:)

gloria