PDA

View Full Version : hump day sky

ftb
09-05-2001, 01:23 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Sep-2001/A_hump_day_sky.jpg
Watercolor 18x24"
Hi All.. i keep painting these landscapes trying to hit on something new looking.. i just hope i'm not wearing it out, are you all tired of this or are they all just enough different that it works? are they interesting enough? i don't know maybe i should just stop altogether with it any thoughts... thank you

jheinrich
09-05-2001, 01:32 PM
do you enjoy making these landscapes?

if so, then let nothing stand in your way.

two thoughts:

galleries, fairs, love an artist with a 'sensation' or trademark style ... you definitely have this with your watercolors.

landscapes are not for everyone, you will never appeal to the whole world (that goes for all styles, I think. re:xinit's honesty post).

paint what you love, IMUO. :D

jeanette*

ftb
09-05-2001, 01:48 PM
two thoughts:

galleries, fairs, love an artist with a 'sensation' or trademark style ... you definitely have this with your watercolors.

landscapes are not for everyone, you will never appeal to the whole world (that goes for all styles, I think. re:xinit's honesty post).

thank you jeanette that helps me i appreciate you saying i have trademark style i want to adapt this style to other things or types of paintings it takes time i guess you can only paint so many paintings also i have not painted in other mediums

Jan-Michael
09-05-2001, 02:22 PM
I like this one alot... nice contrast between the forground and the sky...

ejfarrae
09-05-2001, 03:41 PM
as long as you keep painting skies as masterfully as this i won't get tired of them.

ftb
09-05-2001, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by ejfarrae
as long as you keep painting skies as masterfully as this i won't get tired of them.

new orleans has got it goin on.. thank you this means a lot to me you say masterfully...

Luvy
09-05-2001, 07:25 PM
Surely you're not saying by giving it up you'd quit painting. I moved on from landscapes. Been thinking about doing another but just haven't been inspired to do so. Living in Florida I love the water. But I got tired of seascapes too. I like trying to paint different things. If you enjoy landscapes Paint them *S* You only improve and learn. I like this one and watercolor no less. I'm going to have to try those too one day. I'm trying acrylics right now. First one is in the garbage *S* LOL

ftb
09-05-2001, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Luvy
Surely you're not saying by giving it up you'd quit painting. I moved on from landscapes. Been thinking about doing another but just haven't been inspired to do so. Living in Florida I love the water. But I got tired of seascapes too. I like trying to paint different things. If you enjoy landscapes Paint them *S* You only improve and learn. I like this one and watercolor no less. I'm going to have to try those too one day. I'm trying acrylics right now. First one is in the garbage *S* LOL

no not stop painting its in my blood.. i mean maybe try something else maybe like you i should go to acrylics but starting a whole new medium can be expensive i think don't know haven't done it thank you for your kind words..

Impulse
09-05-2001, 08:22 PM
I am not a big fan of landscapes. You paint yours very well and your paintings have some sophisticated subtlety. I like them and they don't seem like the same painting repeated to my eyes.

Good work on this one. :)

ArtyHelen
09-06-2001, 10:21 AM
ftb, by all means try something new if you feel the need, but I would hate to see you stop doing these wonderful landscapes! I'm still amazed at how you make watercolour work like that!
And yes, you're work certainly has a unique style!

Helen

jerryW
09-06-2001, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by ejfarrae

ditto

pampe
09-06-2001, 02:43 PM
and ditto

This is a wonderfully, dark, interesting painting.
Foliage is teasing and sky is sedating.....good combo!!

You have mastered this, I think......paint what you love......or what turns you on....

Pam