PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday, April 14 Show and Tell!

Tink
04-14-2004, 12:08 AM
I've been so miserable all week with those rotten headaches that I only got NINE BEADS DONE! Egads! But I do like them, so I guess that counts for something, eh? I'm gonna threadhog here, so apologies in advance. LOL!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Apr-2004/10179-ambrosia.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Apr-2004/10179-hotspot2.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Apr-2004/10179-passionoftheflame.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Apr-2004/10179-sunnycone.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Apr-2004/10179-springwind.jpg

Theneed2bead
04-14-2004, 12:24 AM
Tink- Your beads are always great. I always get lots of ideas, Thanks for all your insperation. Sorry your having so many headaches.- Shawn

DebbieSue
04-14-2004, 12:26 AM
Gorgeous beads! Great pictures too. Makes me want to touch them... :D

Debbie

Lizardglass
04-14-2004, 12:29 AM
Tink,
Tried to post earlier but It failed. I was missing your stuff today, I am glad that you are feeling better to get the 9 done. I hope you make a full recovery soon. I love the beads SO SHINEY. I started a thread about this , but I wanna ask you since you seem to take lots of nice photos but what kind of camera are you using?
Thanks,
Liz

Lara
04-14-2004, 12:33 AM
Tink, wonderful as always. Your beads are stunning and you photos are great.

My photo isn't that great, but I like this bead. White base, dot of ink blue, bubble, then dot of pale lavendar (the one that color shifts) then a dot of amber rose (odd lot color from Frantz). Between the color shifting lavendar and the ink blue I can never get a true photograph of, taking a picture of this bead was more than difficult.

Lara

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Apr-2004/10029-Wpd2.jpg

Charlee
04-14-2004, 12:35 AM
Just gorgeous, Tink!! Glad you're feeling better. :)

Charlee

Tink
04-14-2004, 12:36 AM
Thank you, guys!

Well, today I did something a little different with the photos. I was SO tired of having that horrid reflection from the lights on the beads (like on the bicone pic above) so I totally turned the lights AWAY from the beads. I bounced the light off the ceiling! Imagine my amazement when the pics turned out better than usual!

I am using an Olympus 5050-Z, which I totally love. I had a Mavica FD-91 (still have, in fact) and am still crazy about it. I miss using diskettes. But I did my anal-retentive research and finally decided on the Olympus. It was between this and one of the Nikons.

Lara, I can tell that bead would be a bear to capture in a photo. That is SO frustrating, isn't it? It sure is pretty though! I never have the patience to do a bunch of dots and/or plunges. LOL!

Zooziis
04-14-2004, 01:14 AM
Lara I like the idea of all those colors and wish I could see that bead in person, it sounds amazing!!! Looks nice here, but I be in person it really shines!

Tink, WOW. I love them all, especially the one that looks like those old spaghetti light fixtures. Way cool!!!

Amy

Virginia L.
04-14-2004, 01:20 AM
Hello, boy I am so sorry you are still having trouble with those headaches...I LOVE those beads you made - wow they are beautiful....If you build a cube say maybe about a foot square, out of pvc pipe, and pvc corners and pull a white or off white panti-hose over the back, and tie it off at the back and leave the front open, you have a "fancy, shmancy, photo center, where the light can get thru really well, but the glare and light bulbs and shadows don't happen...Although, those pics are GREAT so you really don't need to go to all that trouble. Anyway, GREAT beads.........LOVE that bead Laura, lots of plundged dots, wonderful spacing - God Bless - Virginia L.

Briatha
04-14-2004, 01:21 AM
Tink they are glorious! I hope your headaches soon disappear!
Lara stunning bead!

Alan Cross
04-14-2004, 01:25 AM
Good job everyone Tink your photo's are very nice....the beads also lol...
Alan :)

Teri.p
04-14-2004, 01:42 AM
Tink!! with beads that beautimous, who needs quantity?! I'm so glad you're over the headaches.... here's hoping that was the last ever!

Lara - lovely bead, the picture is pretty enough but the colors make it sound even more delicious!

Pink and black for me today..... The pink is from a cullet of a lovely marbled pink that I got on eBay. One of these days I'm going to chop it into chunks and offer some in the swap shop.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Apr-2004/23019-040171azz.jpg

Teri

Gazin
04-14-2004, 01:47 AM
Tink, those are so great! I particularly like the hollow ones, very artistic...Lara..that is a cool bead, every time I try those types I blow it, never looks good enough, well done..heres a floral set that I am proud of..

jujeebeads
04-14-2004, 02:22 AM
Tink~ Beautiful (as always!) focals! Love your style! and I hope the headaches go away!
Lara~ Beautiful bubble bead! I love those! The colors look good, but I am sure it is better in person. (I know how that goes! :rolleyes: )
Teri~ Cool beads! I like how the dots look square!
Gazin~ Pretty floral set!

I was in a floral mode too~I need to make necklaces for Mother's Day. And a new etched lentil set for the bay!

Judy :cat:

ValorieCox
04-14-2004, 02:36 AM
Tink, those look really great, especially (for my taste) the second and third ones..truly works of art. Valorie

wildfirelauri
04-14-2004, 02:43 AM
G'morning fellow fire fans.
Tink: Love the hollows. They seem to have an energy of their own.
Lara: Good job on the poked dots. That's a lot of work.
Teri: Beautiful checkerboard patterns in a classic color combo.
Gazin: Crisp detail in the beads with a nice pic that really shows it.
Judy: The etched beads looks like a summer cooler.

I've been playing in yet another direction. Been thinking about experimenting with PMC for a couple of years. The finished pieces have yet to come out like I envision.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Apr-2004/10074-bezeledboro2.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Apr-2004/10074-bezelripplinwaters2.jpg

Moonjewels!
04-14-2004, 03:02 AM
What wonderful beads this morning, very inspirational:)
Gazin and Judy, both your florals look exquisite, I may take the plunge;)
Here's a set I just strung together...layered colors, a little dichro, in my favorite color family.
Mj

Fyrsmith
04-14-2004, 04:18 AM
Good Morning everyone, beautiful beads!

Tink, I particularly like the 3rd one, and wonder what it will look like against different fabrics.

Lara, Bubblishious!

Lauri, If PMC can look like that I'm going to have to try it! Beautiful glass also.

Here are some beads for a project over in "Wearable art" called "Deep Blue Sea"
Lousy photo, I was just trying to get anything before the sun went down, but I'm sure you get the idea.

G&S Lampwork
04-14-2004, 05:03 AM
What a beautiful lot of beads everyone!

It's been a long time since I posted in Show 'N Tell, but I've been in a slump that seems to have lasted an eternity. I couldn't work out why I was going backwards with my beads, I'd put a dot in the middle of a flower and when it came out of the kiln the dot was on a petal! I am now very happy, my problem is solved, I needed glasses! If I had to name this bead it would have to be 'vision'. 80 dots and spots all where they should be!

Elle D
04-14-2004, 06:06 AM
I haven't had opportunity to post much lately. Here's todays offerings:

mperaza
04-14-2004, 09:14 AM
Mornin all. Everyone's beads are fantastic! I haven't been around for a couple days so I had some cathin up to do (drooling over all the beads), here's the very few I have to offer today.

McDuck
04-14-2004, 09:29 AM
Beautiful work everyone! i am so happy on a daily basis to be able to rub virtual elbows with such talented artists!

Tink, I love the silver on the bead, mainly as youknow I love the texture it adds to glass ;)
Teri those are great! they remind me of taxi cab beadies!
Laurie, always pushing the envelope!! :clap: Those are really nice and please just send anymore that dont meet your expectations to me :D I will offer them a good happy pet filled home here.

-mary

Moth
04-14-2004, 10:33 AM
Tink, love how crisp you kept the silver on the surface. Very cool and adds a nice dimension.

Lots of gorgeous flowers going on here today!

Do I hear a blender full of margaritas whirring???? OOPs...crud, only 10:30 here. LOL Too early even for me.

Here is a floral I did last night that I called 'Crouching Tiger Floral Focal'. I know...kind of a stretch. LOL Has a tiger striped base with the florals over top.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Apr-2004/24464-crouchingtiger2o.JPG

Have a gorgeous day! It snowed here last night again....won't it ever stopppp?

~~Mary

beeboo
04-14-2004, 10:53 AM
What a beautiful show and tell today. Love all the florals! I'm playing with fused glass these days. Happy Spring! Beth

chocolatier
04-14-2004, 10:55 AM
Tink, Those are gorgeous, and do feel free to send me either one of the first two!!!:) :) I am still having some problems with my pics....what kind of lighting do you have? I have an Olympus C4000Z a great camera. I am an Olympus fan, still have my original slr OM1 from 1978.

Linda G.

www.vermontchocolate.com

Katiefl
04-14-2004, 11:05 AM
Wow what beautiful beads today! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I love your beads Tink!!! BEEEAUTIFUL!!
And Mary, perfect flowers!

I actually thought twice about posting my beads this morning, they look like pittance compared to everyones beautiful work. Ah well, their my pittance, lol.

double S
04-14-2004, 11:11 AM
G'morning fellow fire fans.
Tink: Love the hollows. They seem to have an energy of their own.
Lara: Good job on the poked dots. That's a lot of work.
Teri: Beautiful checkerboard patterns in a classic color combo.
Gazin: Crisp detail in the beads with a nice pic that really shows it.
Judy: The etched beads looks like a summer cooler.

I've been playing in yet another direction. Been thinking about experimenting with PMC for a couple of years. The finished pieces have yet to come out like I envision.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Apr-2004/10074-bezeledboro2.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Apr-2004/10074-bezelripplinwaters2.jpg
I briefly played with PMC and was recenlty wondering if I could combine it with my lampwork. How do you work it? PMC around finished bead then fired in Kiln? I tried putting PMC paste on a still warm bead and it wouldn't stick. Just curious
LisaS

Lizardglass
04-14-2004, 11:21 AM
Beautiful! And here I was not feeling too well this morning :) ... I gotta suck it up and get to work (on the torch).
Alright my photograph angles were way off this morning so excuse that.
The first bead is swirled Ivory and red and some other colors (I wish I knew) with silver.
The second doesn't show up as well as I'd hoped but it is on a purple base with reduction frit stringer dots. It has this sort of lizard skin quality to it.
The last one is a large black base with Ivory and silver incased. It's got a lot of depth to it. The pic makes the ends look bad but it's just the bead release inside of the clear . ( I hope *crosses fingers*)
Liz

beadreamer
04-14-2004, 11:38 AM
Beautiful work everyone! My personal favorite for today is Lauri's boro pendants...stunning!

Here is a small fish set...

Tink
04-14-2004, 11:45 AM
Tink, Those are gorgeous, and do feel free to send me either one of the first two!!!:) :) I am still having some problems with my pics....what kind of lighting do you have? I have an Olympus C4000Z a great camera. I am an Olympus fan, still have my original slr OM1 from 1978.

Thanks! I am using two desk lamps from Target with Reveal bulbs in them. Fancy, eh?

jeffinthebox
04-14-2004, 11:49 AM
Everyones work is, again, lovely. Tink...you are such an inspiration. Those are wonderful.

Here are a couple of bear fettish beads. I'm still working out the shape, these were my first two.

lepoppet
04-14-2004, 12:48 PM
You guys are soooooo talented. I love waking up each morning to all the eye-candy. Here's my Tootie Fruities for the day...

Maria

kenchunk
04-14-2004, 01:10 PM
Great beads, as always :clap:

Here is mine...

Sachiko

Beth Myers
04-14-2004, 01:30 PM
I am SO glad I had some to add to day.
I would be in a pout if I couldn't join in with this group!
WHAT a SHOW!
Just gorgeous work, lots of color, lots of imaginations working overtime too!
High fives everyone.

Here are my Flowers O' the Day.
Took me forever to get these like I saw them in my head, must need to get my eyes looked at, lol.
I had a hard time keeping them simple without making them too plain, or going in the other direction and overdoing them, which is my nature, way over the top.
Beth

dread
04-14-2004, 02:13 PM
Well it looks like everyone had a "GREAT" bead day yesterday !!!!
All the beads are absolutely wonderful - Tink your pic's are picture perfect !
I wish I had time at work to write down everyones contributions and praise you all

BIG GROUP PRAISE !!!!

Loriola
04-14-2004, 03:08 PM
Hi Everyone-
wow wow wow!! Is this not the best post to read everyday?!
I have a new ebay auction going up in the next day or two...pictured below...please let me know if it looks too busy, ok?
Thanks for looking!!! And thanks for sharing all the fab pics!
-Lori

Steffi
04-14-2004, 03:16 PM
Hi!

One new set from me today. Dots, dots, dots...poke, poke, poke...more dots, dots, dots...ready!
*gg*

Greetings

Steffi

J Harris
04-14-2004, 04:13 PM
Aaahhhh...such pretties! Love them all I do! And MJ, those are spectacular! So much twinkle in those beauties! Thanks for showing them! ;)

I've been playing around with Smircich's apple-core technique...puttin' my own little spin on it don't ya know:

Jan H.

Katiefl
04-14-2004, 04:52 PM
Jan, I love it!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

AuroraEssence
04-14-2004, 07:57 PM
I love to look at all of your beautiful beads! Thanks for sharing!!! :clap: :clap:

pwbapro
04-14-2004, 08:14 PM
Hello all,

I am late getting in, but here goes....

http://www.kimbocreations.com/images/Img27.jpg

http://www.kimbocreations.com/images/Img26.jpg

www.kimbocreations.com

kctori
04-14-2004, 08:20 PM
I'm also late - but wanted to still contribute. This is one heckuva showcase today!!!

I combined my 'rolli' base bead into a Kim Miles inspired toggle... always trying to put a new spin on things.

quill
04-14-2004, 08:35 PM
Wow,

Great to see so many original ideas today. Kudos everyone!

BeadBraker
04-14-2004, 11:02 PM
Man...I am having trouble posting tonight!

I love love love this thread every single day!! You all are making fab creations!!

I rarely get to post stuff....I work too much and have very little torch time...but today I took off work to do my taxes and had time left to torch some. I rarely do focals, but I gave it a try.
Nancy B in IL
p.s. Ignore that ol bead release....not cleaned yet.