PDA

View Full Version : Another Island Piece

sassybird
04-13-2004, 11:26 PM
Puka Shells, wooden button beads, marble focal.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Apr-2004/1355-Necklace_4.jpg
Detail
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Apr-2004/1355-Necklace_4_Detail.jpg

lisilk
04-13-2004, 11:29 PM
Now you're talking my colors ! :clap: It's so rich and earthy looking.

Beautiful Charissa.

Li

TheBlueBetween
04-13-2004, 11:31 PM
well you are just going to town, aren't you?!! It's great - very tribal and earthy...

sassybird
04-14-2004, 12:40 AM
Now you're talking my colors ! :clap: It's so rich and earthy looking.

Beautiful Charissa.

Li

I am an earth momma too:D I feel most comfortable in rich earth tones. This piece is for one of my oldest friends in San Francisco. I start putting Christmas packages together early in the year, and this is the first one for her package.

Pam I am having a blast putting these together. I have a lot to learn, so my pieces are simple right now, but I am going to try some wire croche with copper wire and onyx and fresh water pearls. That will be for a bracelet not a necklace.

Charlee
04-14-2004, 12:43 AM
Oh that's niiiiiice! Very earthy and right up my alley. :clap:

Charlee

TheBlueBetween
04-14-2004, 02:19 AM
Pam I am having a blast putting these together. I have a lot to learn, so my pieces are simple right now, but I am going to try some wire croche with copper wire and onyx and fresh water pearls. That will be for a bracelet not a necklace.

You have definitely been bitten by "The Bug"!!! The bracelet you are thinking of sounds very interesting - can't wait to see how it turns out!

LLane
04-14-2004, 08:49 AM
I kept looking for a "marble." I've been hanging with the glassies ..... I immediately think of glass!!! :D

I love the piece and now I'm really thinking I love marble in jewelry!!! Great job!

Peace,
Lois

beclectic
04-14-2004, 09:46 AM
Very nice, the wood beads are such a warm tone. Your friend is very lucky. This design, though simple, is very well though out.

Shirley C.
04-14-2004, 10:53 AM
charissa, this is a very nice piece! the elements all work so well together, and it has a nice warm feeling to it. it goes so well with my "capricorn" personality. :D

keep up the good work! (well, i know you will - looks like you're addicted like the rest of us.)

sassybird
04-14-2004, 05:20 PM
Lois, I love working with marble, jade, onxy, lapis, all sorts of stones, and I have become to love glass too:)

beclectic My friend loves jewelry and unusal jewelry more than anything. I am hoping that she likes this. I stuck with colors that she really likes and looks good in.

Shirley, I'm a capricorn also:D I love warm cozy colors around me. They make me feel secure for some reason, and I can relax. I do a lot of art work with some really wild colors, but for wearing and in my home it has to be earth tones.

flynfire
04-14-2004, 06:15 PM
Charissa, I'll bet your friend will love it! I can imagine how good it must feel next to the skin. It looks like it would feel wonderful.