PDA

View Full Version : Lion

Saau_Hatshepsut
09-05-2001, 02:37 AM
Here's an ink I tried recently. The lion was done with a crow's quill pen, while the background was done with both pen and finger. Hehehe

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Sep-2001/sabimb.jpg

Saau.

NorahT
09-05-2001, 01:24 PM
Well done Saau - he is a noble beast! The sky is great - the "finger painting" works well in this piece.

artdude
09-05-2001, 05:40 PM
Very nice ink work Saau. :clap: Never thought of using my fingers to paint with ink though :) Were you able to wash all the ink off your fingers :confused: Really like the lion and background. The fingerpainting looks like an ink wash technique. I would make one suggestion though. The lions left side (our right) could use some shading in the mane area. Looks like the rest of him is shaded that way in the body area, so shading the mane a bit more would work out great. Thanks for posting such a great drawing!!

RuthT
09-06-2001, 12:18 PM
I like your lion Saau. I agree that the sky is very effective - must have been fun to do it with your fingers !

Saau_Hatshepsut
09-06-2001, 07:59 PM
Thanks all. *S*

Artdude>> Yes, the ink came off quite easily, as I cleaned up straight away afterwards. You're right about the left side, I'll take a look at that today and see if I can change it.

Saau.