PDA

View Full Version : New Spotlight Practice

schweets
04-13-2004, 08:43 PM
I received Corina's new Spotlight yesterday and I just couldn't wait to try the techniques!! Whenever I get a new book I try to make every bead in it so that I can work on my skills. These are just practice beads, nothing that I would make over and over out of respect for the artists they belong to.

I know many of you have also gotten your new Spotlight. Have you tried any of the beads yet? :p

satnin
04-13-2004, 08:50 PM
I'm still waiting on mine... That sundae looks good enough to eat! Is it low carb? :D

DebbieSue
04-13-2004, 08:53 PM
I just got my SpotLight today. You did a really good job reproducing the beads in the book! I haven't had a chance to try anything yet. I'm still just enjoying devouring the book.... :D

Debbie

AutumnH
04-13-2004, 09:14 PM
Wow! Great job! Those are wonderful.

I like to attempt the step-by-steps also. You cannot truly make a technique your own until you understand it. And for me the best way to understand it is to be able to imitate the original, then I know I'm doing it correctly. From there I can apply it and go where my imagination takes me.

My Spotlight arrived on Monday, but I won't get to the torch until the weekend. *sigh*

Toni Lutman
04-13-2004, 10:07 PM
Carol,

They all look great! :clap: :clap: :clap: Tomorrow is my day off, so I'm hoping to get to the torch to try some things out. I'll be happy if they come out half as good as yours did.

Toni

dread
04-13-2004, 10:36 PM
O wow their great - they look just like the ones in the Spotlight
I really like the puffin, o I really like them all - great job I cant wait to play

Listenup
04-13-2004, 10:40 PM
These are just practice beads

With all due respect, it doesn't look like you need any practice. Wonderful job!!!

-Kay

Little Debbie
04-13-2004, 11:06 PM
They look so good! I got mine on Monday and started just drooling over the pictures. I get time tomorrow at the torch. . . :)
Debbie

Tink
04-14-2004, 12:02 AM
Wow! Those are cool! I'll have to call my friend Gini and see if she's gotten the Spotlight in at her shop yet. :clap:

Beth Myers
04-14-2004, 01:39 PM
Carol,
Unbelievable, and you call that practice!
Your a talent girl!
Can't wait to see where this takes your imagination and what come of it.
I'll be waiting,
Beth

cindy's studio
04-15-2004, 12:42 AM
I don't have my new spotlight yet, but these make it harder to wait!! Great job! I must say I am a little sad though...I thought I had finally made something new when I made my ice cream sunday the other day. Oh well... great minds...right? Thanks for sharing!!
Cindy
Betzbeads

bartshe
04-15-2004, 02:50 AM
Those beads are great!

I got my new spotlight last week and some new glass and reduction frit I've never tried but I've been sick and haven't been able to play with any of it.

Finally drug myself to the doctor today because I knew a simple cold couldn't last that long and make me that miserable. Turned out I have a nasty sinus infection.

Hopefully in a day or two I'll be able to play. :)

I doubt my first attempts will even come close.

Deb

Candle-Spa
04-15-2004, 07:12 PM
I'm still waiting for them to email me re cost to ship the Spotlights!!!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

SimplyShaunda
04-16-2004, 04:50 PM
If that is practice then I need to stop now. I love the sundae. That is an awfully large cherry sitting on top but the bigger the better. Great work. :clap: