PDA

View Full Version : My New toys... errr... tools!

LLane
04-13-2004, 04:43 PM
Just opened my box from Rio Grande to pull out my new Swanstrom tools. I have been working with a little "beginner" set I bought several years ago. I did get some replacements when the round nose pliers got out of wack from wire bending.... but just got the same ones.

NOW>....... yahoo.... long handles.... teeny tiny points on the round nose.... set screws...etc. these are the real deal!!! :D I guess I'm off the torch tonight and onto making jewelry stuff!!!

Expensive..... yes...... but I'm worth it!!! :D :D (really..... my carpal tunnel was trying to come back... and the long handle fits better into your hand and doesnt press on the palm nerve bundle!)

Peace & Pliers,
Lois

kyyardlizard
04-13-2004, 05:07 PM
Lois-how lucky for you....go and play and make beautiful things... :D

flynfire
04-13-2004, 06:24 PM
Swanstrom! Ooooo. Lucky you. They feel good in your hands, don't they?

lisilk
04-13-2004, 06:33 PM
Lois,

Don't you just love getting new toys ? :D Have fun and we expect to see what you've created with them very soon !

Li

DonnaBee
04-13-2004, 10:34 PM
Oh Lois it must be heaven! :clap: Congrats!

Charlee
04-14-2004, 01:15 AM
Oooooooh! Aaaaaaaaaaah! Congo-rats on the new toys!!

Charlee

Alan Cross
04-14-2004, 01:28 AM
Nice how about showing us a pic of your new tools...
Alan :)

sassybird
04-14-2004, 01:34 AM
Good for you, Lois. It is always good to have the best tools on hand for a job. I spent a small fortune on tools and equipment for intaglio printmaking, and it looks as though I am going to be spending some more big $$ for jewelry making tools:D

LLane
04-14-2004, 08:56 AM
Well.... I did get a chance to play last night..... and even for simple bracelets, crimping, wire-wrapping these things are great. And I'm serious about the difference in your hand. If you have any sort of hand cramps or fatigue when making jewelry.... consider giving these.... or another long handled tool a try. These particular tools have a longer handle and are very nicely padded. They felt like they were a part of my hand immediately..... then..... not to mention the wonderful little precise chain nose and round nose!!!! Rio Grande is a great source .... and I'm sure there are others... heck.. I'm addicted to their tool catalog!

Good tools are NEVER a bad or frivolous investment!
Peace,
Lois