PDA

View Full Version : "loaded for a climax" or elephant's shadow

nine malic molds
04-13-2004, 03:52 PM
i'm unsure about this peice, especially the reversed shadow. tell me what you think all comments welcomed.

29" x 30" acyrilic on canvas

heh
04-13-2004, 04:15 PM
the shadow is good for the eyes
makes them scurry to make sense
i like it
and the figure is mind delicious

Tamana
04-14-2004, 12:14 AM
You've got an amazing sense of balance. You're one of the few people I know that can minimalize with a full canvas. It's as though you use colors to acheive that vs. space/though the illusion is space...

Shadows shadows shadows are tricky and sometimes do as they want (especially in the shade but don't tell anyone). I've looked at this a few times since you've posted and I guess it's my mind but I can't see where the shadow's backwards? It all depends I suppose on the light source. And light sources are as tricky as shadows. Anyway, I like the shadow.

Smileawhyl
04-14-2004, 12:22 AM
Another mental gambit. So pre-possessed of thought. I love Heh's description of the figure. Your colors actually seem to be whispering to me in this. Such a quiet roar must be going off in your head.

nine malic molds
04-14-2004, 07:27 AM
thanks for the comments

heh - "figure is mind delicious" it's really semi-sweet chocolate rapped in foil, thanks for the compliment

tam - thats true that light can be weird but there was something that bothered me about the shadow goining dark to light compared to the ground color. it could just be the color i used but eithier way i have already painted over it and am working it out

smile - "pre-possessed of thought", thanks for the compliment