PDA

View Full Version : Adult

kelly
04-13-2004, 01:16 PM
16 x 20

Smileawhyl
04-13-2004, 01:43 PM
Modern Life continues. Well-played duality, except maybe you're being a tad harsh on the woman. I don't know of any heterosexual relationship where there isn't a basic male instinct to be needed as part of 'the dance'. But I certainly understand the feeling, especially as you have so illustrated.

Excellent mojo working in this series!

mame
04-13-2004, 07:29 PM
You don't need critiques any more

The color is just getting so sophisticated. May bother you re your "outsider" handle but not a bad
thing re "fine art"

Just my take -

I don't give a rats patootie about content/meaning. There is no form without content, it's there, whether you intend it or I intercept/interpret it, blah blah blah - but it may be overkill AESTHETICALLY/visually with the text in bottom quadrant.
There is such wonderful "eye candy" there, weight, depth, meaning
without the text.

pipicacassosso
04-13-2004, 08:20 PM
Excellent work. Very very Kelly'ish. Very contmporary and American (dare I say?)

muchfoolishness
04-13-2004, 09:38 PM
yeah i dont have any words anymore
you just keep doing what you do so well
quite amazing

Tamana
04-13-2004, 09:46 PM
Some people take paint and make a mess; you take a mess and make a paint. It's a wonderful integration of style and message; however, I like it when I can barely (if at all) discern the words because it doesn't let me just sit back and enjoy the view...

Luzie
04-13-2004, 09:51 PM
I like this very much, very strong!

mame
04-14-2004, 08:19 AM
Not that Kelly could give a yahoo but I've been looking at this particular work on his web site and in relation to the body of work as a whole and I've changed my mind......

Especially in viewing "with a bit of distance", this work I think is so powerful/complex/aesthetically "there" and I think now the collaged areas at the bottom contribute/enhance the overall composition. Not speaking of the words per se but the device of the linear/hard edged/layering thing, whatever the words.

As I said, I don't respond to meaning looking at works here. What meaning/message is intended is less important to me than how the artist got there - design elements, color, composition, etc.

Anyway.........a public retraction of one of so many useless grains of salt :D

arourapope
04-14-2004, 11:51 PM
Almost missed this one, Kelly. I'm glad I didn't. It's eloquent and to the point and it doesn't miss a beat.

Gar
04-14-2004, 11:59 PM
I really dig this newer style of yer's that has seemed to emerge lately. Keep pushing buddy.

-Gar

jnet11
04-15-2004, 11:31 AM
yes yes yes
I am there
you are wonderful
(hearing your velvet voice)

kelly
04-15-2004, 02:24 PM
Hayo everone...thanks for looking at my paintings...there are two others like this on my site if you wish for more domestic bliss ;)

Patty....No one gets out of these portraits alive...the guy is just as mocked as the woman. Adult is a rather sarcastic comment. But, each need each other for the equation to work...the question and the answer.

What can I say about Molly? Shes a genius ;)

Thanks Pipi...yes, Im alive and North American...

Michael...your words keep me smiling ;)

Tam...I agree about the mystery of imagery...These just came out very direct.

Thanks Luzie and Aurora.

Thanks Gar....the images Im using are all the same...Ive just gone as far into the dark side as I can in a hope of integrating my imagery more fully with the light.

And thanks Jnett....I knew you the minute I saw you, remember? Small world....

Michael-Ann
04-15-2004, 02:50 PM
I like to look at this one - I hope s'good to do...the words pull me away to Aretha Franklin singing:
Rescue me
Take me in your arms
Rescue me
I want your tender charm
'Cause I'm lonely
And I'm blue
I need you
And your love too
Come on and rescue me...

I'm not done looking, but had to write you...

bestof
04-15-2004, 03:12 PM
Hayo everone...thanks for looking at my paintings...there are two others like this on my site if you wish for more domestic bliss ;)

I'm on your site now. This **** rocks.

axxxel
04-15-2004, 05:21 PM
strong work Kelly, and thats unusual on WC bravo

Sundrop
04-16-2004, 08:33 PM
Superb piece.......................

surreal
04-17-2004, 04:59 PM
Very intense and strong image!
:)

ZOTMA
04-18-2004, 11:35 AM
strong, deep, and immediate
what more could one ask for?
great work as usual, goin to check out the uthers

bestof
04-19-2004, 01:34 PM
I'm on your site now. This **** rocks.

WTF is this? Asterisks? On an art site? Ha!