PDA

View Full Version : Need a collaboration, any takers?

McDuck
04-13-2004, 01:09 PM
Okie, You all know I am going to bead and button. I am waaayyy tooooo busy right now to think about making a few of these beads into a necklace earring set and/or bracelet. I am talking mixed media, being creative, pushing the envelope off the desk! :clap: So, I am looking for one of my dear colleagues to collaborate with on these. I would like to send a heart of the garden and firefly links to be made into something NEW, FRESH, HEART STOPPINGLY EXCITING!!!! Okay I will calm down. Please respond to me and I can work details out with you off line. I appreciate your help. -Mary...errrr...McDuck...one step at a time...

ps I hope this doesnt interfere with any WC rules!

McDuck
04-13-2004, 06:02 PM
bump

DonnaBee
04-13-2004, 07:27 PM
Mary, do you need only one made? Is it for a display at Bead and Button?

Is it to sell? More details please! I am a little vaguely confused!

If you just want one piece made from each, a one of a kind display item made, well *of course* I will do it! You need to get it in the mail to me right away though!
:)

McDuck
04-13-2004, 07:52 PM
just pm'd you donna!

DonnaBee
04-13-2004, 09:27 PM
Okay, I am making two multi-media jewelry pieces with Mary's ceramic works!

Be sure and stop by booth 150 at Bead and Button and visit them! I am *so* excited about this! This is the "big time" after all! :p :D

Thanks Mary!

(I just have to tell you all this, I was being a bit silly about it all, and told my DH and kids I was going to be "famous" now :rolleyes: , and then my five-yr-old Zach said "But you aren't going to be rich." lol! Where did that come from??? Kids! Well, guess he is my son!)

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-13-2004, 10:11 PM
/passes the torch to Donna.

:p

~D.

DonnaBee
04-13-2004, 10:29 PM
:p

the other D!

lisilk
04-13-2004, 10:57 PM
ps I hope this doesnt interfere with any WC rules!

Not a problem Mary. Best of luck at the show.

Cheers,

Li

!ngridh
04-14-2004, 01:33 AM
of course you will all take pictures for us ;-)

DonnaBee
04-14-2004, 08:46 AM
of course you will all take pictures for us ;-)

Oh yes, pictures! :)

McDuck
04-14-2004, 09:12 AM
Hey Danielle,
you are still on too! Different artists as you know have different styles to accentuate the beadies.
-Mary

McDuck
04-14-2004, 09:31 AM
yes many pictures you will be so sick of pictures...rofl

beclectic
04-14-2004, 09:41 AM
yes many pictures you will be so sick of pictures...rofl

Impossible, you are saying that we will get sick of pictures of jewelry. This is us, the jewelry addicts, you're talking to. We can't get sick of pictures of jewelry, it is just 'Not Possible'.

ROFL at the though of getting sick of pictures of jewelry. :D

DonnaBee
04-14-2004, 09:48 AM
Barbara LOL!!!

Hey Danielle,
you are still on too! Different artists as you know have different styles to accentuate the beadies.

Danielle, really? Lordy, I didn't know that was what you meant when you said "pass torch". Oh no you don't! hehe. I hope you are still making yours Danielle! Will you be at the show? I want to meet you! Well, if you can't, then our jewelry will be there together! :clap:

McDuck
04-14-2004, 09:57 AM
barbabra, u r 2 cute!

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-14-2004, 09:57 AM
/winks at Donna..

No worries...

Nope, I don't think I'll be at B&B due to the other situation I mentioned to you. I have a feeling I'll be out of town, plus childcare is always an issue at these types of things, since the DH is usually deployed.

~D.

McDuck
04-14-2004, 10:01 AM
Actually I still have one open spot for someone to collaborate. Needs to be someone who works with fibers, who would incorporate the beads into their work. I can work with them to run holes in the beads in a manner that befits their fiber work if needed. :) So...anyone out there want to do something different here? think maybe, fibers and beads as jewelry or a scarf with the heart of the garden beads incorporated into it, or neck kerchief or soemthing like that. :confused: any takers?? Mary McDuck

DonnaBee
04-14-2004, 10:08 AM
I hope we can meet another time, Danielle. And if B&B were not so close by where I live, I am certain I would not make it (due to current life demands). I would be at Nancy's cabin retreat in May, but I am so depended on here at home at this particular time. (Not forever, though! ;) )

But you *will* be collaborating with Mary on this? It will be so cool to see what we each come up with! The way I understand it, Mary is firing new pieces for us to work with.

Is anyone else doing this, too, Mary?

earthenwood
04-14-2004, 10:12 AM
Y'all, thats such an excellent idea! Mary, you are very smart to catch on that customers will want to see a show stopping piece of jewelry made with your beads. And to acknowledge that you dont have the time to do it LOL! And how cool that you have different artists interpreting your beads into thier own jewelry designs!

Did you show a pic of that set here somewhere! Is it like the heart of the garden set you showed in our yahoo group? YUM! I love them! ( I think I gushed over them in our group, but Yahoo ate my message)

BTW, I will be only a beads throw away from Marys booth at B&B so drop by and say hi to me in booth 146 too!

McDuck
04-14-2004, 10:13 AM
Looking for one more person who is a fiber artist. Unless someone else comes up with an interesting design idea, then they might be added too! -mary

Retta Gates
04-14-2004, 10:17 AM
Hmm, I am not sure what you are talking about exactly but I make "tie-dyes" I dont make my own fabric or anything though.. :)

McDuck
04-14-2004, 10:21 AM
Hmm, I am not sure what you are talking about exactly but I make "tie-dyes" I dont make my own fabric or anything though.. :)

Not sure Retta, That is why I leave it up to the artist! Kinda think about it, I would love to have one or two fiber artists enterpret my beads into their work. And of course share int he profits.

And yes Melanie you snuck up on me here, same Heart of the Garden i posted on the BOC yahoo group! And thank you for your gushing too! Yuppers, Melanie will be right over the next booth from me! it will be sooo exciting to have the ceramic artists corner starting. LOL

-Mary...errrr...McDuck who is a little busy lately

DonnaBee
04-14-2004, 10:32 AM
I'm so excited I'm gonna hurl!

See you there Melanie! I saw your booth last year Melanie, but I was a bit dazed and overwhelmed, so I don't think we met. (It was my first show I attended, what a way to begin, Bead and Button...)

I am not going to miss my chance to meet you this year Melanie :clap: !

Everyone else too. I put my picture on my profile that was taken of me last year at Bead and Button, so if anyone sees me this year, say hi to me. I am a bit of a space cadet, but I want to meet you all!

TheBlueBetween
04-14-2004, 11:34 AM
Oh this is so exciting!!! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with! And what a fab idea - putting everyone's best skills to use to come up with something terrific.

Wish I was going to B&B.... maybe in a couple of years when my Luke-a-do (that's what he says his name is) is a little bigger.

:) Pam

McDuck
04-14-2004, 12:20 PM
These are some of the beads/pendants I have made but not limited to these in the least. I have one more pic ready with diffrent colors and shapes, but not at all the tip of the iceberg of what i have. -Mary

McDuck
04-14-2004, 12:21 PM
basic shapes and colors, but not limitted to these colors or shapes I have sooooooooooooo many more! -McDuck

TheBlueBetween
04-14-2004, 12:22 PM
OH!!! Now those white bumpie ones are right up my alley!!! I could work with those! Fun :)

McDuck
04-14-2004, 12:23 PM
Pam-
After this weekend I will have those sea urchin beads in a variety of colors too!
-Mary

TheBlueBetween
04-14-2004, 12:25 PM
basic shapes and colors, but not limitted to these colors or shapes I have sooooooooooooo many more! -McDuck

And that little frog green one with the spots.... LOVE! (They are all wonderful, of course, just some call me more than others ;) )

TheBlueBetween
04-14-2004, 12:26 PM
Pam-
After this weekend I will have those sea urchin beads in a variety of colors too!
-Mary

Oh??? And are these beads going to be for sale somewhere??? I might NEED some ;)

McDuck
04-14-2004, 12:27 PM
So, if anyone else can think of a special design with my beads please pm me to collaborate. -Thanks, Mary...errrr...McDuck

earthenwood
04-14-2004, 12:28 PM
WOW! I love them all, but those crawlie white ones are really interesting. I am envisioning a Smores necklace, with chocolate and graham cracker colors! Anyone else? LOL! My favorite beads are always the ones you want to eat!

I still have many WC logo sticker nametags that I will bring to B&B, and I can easily print more. I bet someone over in the Glass lobby will volunteer too, closer to show time. Its a good way to see WC friends at a glance.

McDuck
04-14-2004, 12:33 PM
OOh Melanie, May i have one of your WC name tags too? i am sooooooo excited, well actually we need a special BOC WC name tag or we will have nothing but tags on our chests! not to saymine couldnt carry them all :rolleyes: , but still the same! LOL

DonnaBee
04-14-2004, 01:09 PM
So I have printed out the pics of "Heart of the Garden" and "FireFlies". I propped them up on my bead table... so they could be in my awarenes.... as I think of possibilities...

I think just send me those ones Mary, the other ones, although very beautiful, aren't calling out to me like these two are.... and I must focus...

DonnaBee
04-14-2004, 01:10 PM
And just remember... these were your words....

I am talking mixed media, being creative, pushing the envelope off the desk! ... something NEW, FRESH, HEART STOPPINGLY EXCITING!!!!

:D ;)

Barrie
04-14-2004, 01:26 PM
Ahem, excuse me? Mary? Would you consider a sterling silver piece with your creations? I have a couple of ideas, (okay, lots of ideas), and would love to come up with another show-stopper for you. Let me know if you're interested!!

Retta Gates
04-14-2004, 01:28 PM
Yikes, Now I am feeling the pressure... Heart-stoppingly exciting, Woo! :eek:
Actually I am having fun just thinking of ideas without having my beads yet... I am sure no matter what I get a design will scream at me. Yay, I love a new project. :D

McDuck
04-14-2004, 01:37 PM
Hi Barrie! yes I would be interested and i just pm'd you. I keep running down to my studio to work then back up here to send emails. Too much to do today!

McDuck
04-14-2004, 01:58 PM
I am so very excited, I cant even tell you all how wonderful it is to have such wonderful responses back to collaborate with me. You all are the BEST! Back to the studio...so much to do before the weekend gets here. At least the weather is nice and I can dry beads faster. -Mary...errrr...McDuck

Charlee
04-14-2004, 03:05 PM
WOW Mary, love the beads and way love the collaborative idea you came up with. Totally cool!!! Can't wait to see pictures. weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Charlee

MistyCherie
04-14-2004, 04:19 PM
Can't wait to see what you all come up with!

Mary, I love the white bumpy ones best! (The blue ones were my favorites before, but those white bumpy ones are outstanding. I can see you having a line of multicolored glazes all lined up and just gently rolling them so they pick up the different colors on all the bumps....mmm...like a rainbow (or any other selection of colors really....blues and greens...purples and pinks...etc..)

*anxiously awaits pics*

-M

*edited this in* - Or, you can paint the whole thing black, and roll it in a gold or silver glaze and just let the bumps get the gold/silver effect.....

beclectic
04-14-2004, 04:45 PM
I like the white bummpy ones too. How big are they?

sassybird
04-14-2004, 05:13 PM
I am a fibers artist, and always push the envelope in my work. Love to attach things to my pieces, and play with shape and textures.

McDuck
04-14-2004, 05:23 PM
Okies, here is a penny and the sea urchin beadies. I can make these in ANY size. thank you, LOL Mary

Retta Gates
04-15-2004, 09:41 AM
Psst. What is our dealine? :)

I may need to buy one of your sea urchins as well. I tried to make a necklace out of a real dried one and it cracked :( Yours are very realistic and I am sure more "sturdy"...

McDuck
04-15-2004, 10:16 AM
I would need them back no later than May 15 so they can be photographed and place in the binder for viewing...and later on the website! -Mary

McDuck
04-15-2004, 12:29 PM
Alrighty, I am going to be mostly in the studio the rest of the day with my web mistress checking back here to see if anyone has any other questions or requests. IF I didnt get back to anyone, please pm me again :rolleyes:

I think I am still looking for another fiber person... someone who makes purses or kerchiefs or scarves (especially if you make custom ones for Trache patients). Okay, I am outa here until I get things done!

Have a beautiful day!
mary...errrr...mcduck...working it one bead at a time! :D

McDuck
04-16-2004, 11:02 AM
Okies,
here is the size of the of the small 8 sided pendant compared to a penny. I am beat, was up until 130am this morning, then Dan gets up at 430am...so I wake, then cant fall back asleep, then wake at 930am :eek: when I shoulda been up at 7! I hate this groggy feeling :(

I also made two mask pendants. Hole goes through head under eyes.
have a great day!
Mary...errrr...the tired McDuck

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-16-2004, 11:10 AM
Ooooooh Mary, I LOVE those masks.

I sent you a PM yesterday, btw, dunno if you missed it. ;)

I'd be happy to work with some of those masks as well. Very cool. Lord, I could have a field day with ~any~ fun beads. :p Does this addiction never end?!?! We all need rehab for jewelers.

/chuckle

Hi, my name is Danielle and I'm addicted to bead and jewelry design...

(In Unison) HI DANIELLE!

/giggle

~D.

McDuck
04-16-2004, 11:14 AM
ROFL and "HI Danielle", my name is Mary, I am addicted to Beads and Jewelry Design :)

They are still too hot in the kiln and I will post a better picture tomorrow after I glaze them.

-Mary

Barrie
04-16-2004, 11:42 AM
LMAO! Hi Danielle, Hi Mary! My name is Barrie and I too am addicted to Bead & Jewelry Design! You guys are too funny! Mary! Those masks are gorgeous! And that 8 sided (why can't I just say octagon?) okay, 'octagon' is prefect!!! The size is great too, ooooh, the ideas!!! So Mary, do you feel like the local pusher yet? :evil:

It's her cunning plan you guys, tell us all she wants to collaborate, then sends us pretties, then BAM!! We're hooked!! Can't get enough McDuck beads! Must have them!!! Will sell all possessions to get them!!! Next thing you know, we're living in a cardboard box, in an alley, wearing rags, and drinking something out of a brown paper bag - but we have our McDuck beads!! No one will get them from us!! Bwwwwaaaahaaaahaaahaaaa!!!!

Okay, I'm losing it, sorry!! I have a craft fair tomorrow, that I almost totally forgot about and have agrand sum total of three rings and one pendant ready for! LOL! Guess you know what I'm doing today (no, not make jewelry, go to the gallery where I have a huge lot of inventory, and pick up a bunch of stuff for the show!!! Then drop it back off after the show!). You know, usually, I'm a whole lot more organized for these things, but somehow I just let this one slide! Good thing I do shows with a partner who has tons of inventory, so I am not worried!! LOL!

(Here I am procrastinating again! LOL! Have a great day, and Mary, remember to eat healthy meals today, you'll need that energy!! And try to get some sleep tonight - you can't be productive when you're walking around in a fog!! :)

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-16-2004, 12:00 PM
LMAO! ...Will sell all possessions to get them!!! Next thing you know, we're living in a cardboard box, in an alley, wearing rags, and drinking something out of a brown paper bag...

But...but....I already do this!!! WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

LOL.

:D

~D.

McDuck
04-16-2004, 12:09 PM
"Hi Barrie!"

You are killing me here! I havent laughed so hard in a while! So, from the local pusher, LOL I peeked in my kiln, ate my breakfast (frosted flakes and bananas), and am waiting for the shower as my daughter ran down the stairs laughing to get in hers before i could jump in mine! LOL Kids i tell you!

Well, wait utnil you see the flower beads I made last night too. And i mixed all the colors for the sea urchin beads. 10 different colors! woohooo.

TTFN, mary

DonnaBee
04-16-2004, 12:18 PM
Hi my name is Donna, and I can quit anytime I want to. (I feel *sorry* for you guys.) :D :p ;)

DonnaBee
04-16-2004, 12:19 PM
Looking forward to the eye candy Mary! :)

McDuck
04-16-2004, 12:22 PM
"Hi Donna" i can see you are standing up to your perty lil eyeballs in de'nile! rofl It's a 12 step program here...

Shirley C.
04-16-2004, 12:31 PM
you guys... i'm laughing my butt off here - fur kids are looking at me like i've lost my marbles. (marbles? nope, just beads...)

i couldn't get to sleep last night because my head was designing jewelry around the sea urchin beads. geez, mary... what have you done to me? LOL!

can't wait to see all the stuff you're making, yeah!

Retta Gates
04-16-2004, 12:35 PM
I like the masks a lot. I think the 8 sided pendants or something simmilar would be best for my project though. :)

Here is a weird "face" necklace I made... Maybe it will inspire somone :)

McDuck
04-16-2004, 01:48 PM
Retta, that is a kewl necklace! great way to use a face bead! -Mary

ringslingin
04-17-2004, 03:07 PM
Mary/McDuck

I sent you a PM today wondering if you've ever had your beads done up with chain maille. I spied a few that would look *awesome* with byzantine or roosa chains!!!

Let me know!

Denise

McDuck
04-19-2004, 06:29 PM
Okay, I need a quick roll call here. With who i signed up as i seemed to have deleted some important pm's recently :rolleyes: mouse button is quicker than the EYE! :eek:

So I have:
Dannielle - Turtle Bay
DonnaB
Blue Between - Pam
Barrie
Retta Gates
Shirley C
Sassy Bird - Charissa
Ringslingin - Denise

I apologize if I missed anyone, but please let me know!

Thanks,
Mary

TheBlueBetween
04-19-2004, 06:29 PM
Me too :)

McDuck
04-19-2004, 06:32 PM
Yuppers Pam I was on the phone talking to the webmistress and forgot your name! but I have your beadies!
I still feel as though I am forgetting someone?? :confused:
-Mary

McDuck
04-20-2004, 09:49 AM
Okay this must be it then: going through my notes I am missing what beads you require of me:

Ringslingin - Denise (I htink it was an 8-sided pendant - need color? and a few beadies but dont know which ones you would like)

Dannielle - Turtle Bay (only because you like everything! LOL now I cant remember what you wanted) -yeah old age strike again! :rolleyes:

Just about done, some will be shipped out today the rest should be out wed or thurs. Sorry for the delay it's been crazy over here!

I am soooooo excited I could spit! rofl better than hurling eh Donna? hahahahaha

dont forget I would need them back by May 15 to photograph them and get them into the binder and on the website as a pre-show morsel. did someone say chocolate ships? :eek:

-Mary

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-20-2004, 09:58 AM
Mary~

I requested one of the octagon pendants, and a face mask if no one else is doing them...if a few ppl are, I'll work with some of your dragon/firefly stuffs and toss in a few coordinating beads for those two mainstays. Depending on what you send, I'll prolly crank out a necklace with fiber, wire and beads.

Whatever I don't use, I'll be sure to mail right back to you along with your finished piece. Not that I want to! LOL.

Anyhoo...the only other request I have is to send me cool or jewel tones. You know me and my ocean themes.

/wink

~Danielle (One 'n' there Missy!!) :D

McDuck
04-20-2004, 12:20 PM
Oh I have a perfect color for you Danielle! The webmistress posted a few beadies FINALLY on my site and I hope soon to have a color wheel up too. My Mom came over this morning already to help me re-arrange my studio, added a table to glaze ceramics on and moved my beading table. When I finish claenaing it up I will have the new photos to post. My studio has GROWN and takes up most of the basement now. :rolleyes: :D :p Illove the little faces but I need more! :mad:

So all I have left is Ringslingin and we are set. Shipping some beadies off today others thursday. Did I way that already? Okay off with my head, I mean back to work!

-Mary...errrr...the busy McDuck butloving this kind of busy

ringslingin
04-20-2004, 01:14 PM
Hiya! Oooh look at my name up in lights! I'm so excited about this project. Mary, I'll trust your judgement to pick out the color for the 8-sided pendant. Other beadies, if you have any of those purplish sea urchins left, those would be GREAT! I'll use 18-20g wire on them.
:clap: :clap:

This is so fantastic!

Denise

McDuck
04-20-2004, 02:20 PM
Okies Denise, will send them out on thursday with the the others I need to finish up. And I will make you some special puple sea urchins but i also have other colors too!

Fyrsmith
04-20-2004, 05:35 PM
Hi Mary,

I know you haven't forgotten me, but my name isn't in the list above. I am very anxious to get some of the sea urchin beads to try the (thing I want to try) on them.

-Don-

beclectic
04-20-2004, 06:44 PM
Hi Mary,

I know you haven't forgotten me, but my name isn't in the list above. I am very anxious to get some of the sea urchin beads to try the (thing I want to try) on them.

-Don-
That sounds so ominous. You're not going to hurt the little sea urchin thingies are you? :D

McDuck
04-20-2004, 06:49 PM
ROFL Don you are in my secret group of collaborators. LOL :D Some of your beads were sent off today, I am working on some others, if you get a design for a bead in mind, scetch it, photograph it and send it off to me so I can see. I sent you some other things too.

McDuck
04-21-2004, 08:05 PM
I believe I have over come most of that danged migraine and now can finish the rest of the collab beadies. they should go out barring any further problems tomorrow after noon. I CAN NOT WAIT to see what you all are going to design with these. And a few of you, just wait to see the colors I have put together. :clap: :clap: :clap:
-back to the studio for me, Mary...errrr...McDuck :D