PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday 04/13 S&T

Andee
04-13-2004, 04:56 AM
Hi Everbody,

This is the latest (and maybe the last) heart - lampwork mine, freshwater pearls, Swarowski, silver and liquid silver. The earrings remind me of strawberries..

Have a nice day! :)

lisilk
04-13-2004, 06:36 AM
That necklace is so fine and delicate, why would you stop now ? I was thinking before I read your comment that you could sell a hundred of those earrings at my next show...the Strawberry Music Festival. Lovely work and thanks for getting us started today.

Li

Andee
04-13-2004, 07:33 AM
Li - thanks, but I've GOT to stop ;) That's the 8th necklace with one of my lampwork hearts I made in a couple of days, I feel it's about time doing something different for a change... And I'm glad you saw the strawberry resemblance too - I was afraid it was just me! ;)

Emjay
04-13-2004, 07:55 AM
Very nice! So delicate. So where are pictures of the other 7 necklaces?? Are you holding out on us? :evil:

Andee
04-13-2004, 08:18 AM
Jean - I would never dream of doing such a thing! ;) I had posted three of 'em on last Thursday's S&T and the rest is on my website... I don't want to be a threadhog (not just yet! ;) ), so I didn't post them ALL here... Oh, and I sort of miscounted - there's actually a 9th necklace and a pendant... Must be the age, my memory's getting worse! :rolleyes: ;)

Emjay
04-13-2004, 08:29 AM
Just checked out your site, Andee. Very nice!

happylsds
04-13-2004, 09:05 AM
Very pretty necklace! It is so delicate - don't be afraid to post more pics.! :D

DonnaBee
04-13-2004, 09:22 AM
OH how lovely Andee!

starlightdesigns
04-13-2004, 09:32 AM
Oh, Andee, your necklace and earrings are lovely!!!!

I've finally gotten some pix taken of my latest creations... Here ya go...

The first necklace is made with one of my latest lampwork lentil focal beads. In the necklace, I used opalite and little purple and green Czech fire polish beads... I just LOVE opalite!!! :)

The second one is a re-creation. I made this Eagle in Flight amulet bag a couple years ago, my sister-in-law wore it to a show and was gonna buy it from me, then she sold it to someone at the show! I decided it was time to make her a replacement for her b-day!

starlightdesigns
04-13-2004, 09:39 AM
Pardon me, as I am a threadhog!

Here's some more! The first one is an ocean jasper cab fashioned into an interesting necklace... I love doing these...

The second one features five of my large lampwork beads with rainbow spots, with more lampwork spacers and synthentic chalcedony, Czech fire polish beads, and Bali beads.

I apologize for the interruptions... And now, back to your thread, already in progress.

SuzyQ
04-13-2004, 09:40 AM
Wow! Don't give up on hearts!!!!! O.K. you can take a little break. Nicely done necklace.

Starlight - wonderful color, so springy on the first one and having just been to Sante Fe I love the second one even more. Nice!!!!

SuzyQ
04-13-2004, 09:42 AM
Oh Wait!!!! Starlight, you must have just posted when I was because I didn't see the gorgeous bead creation. OMG!!! To die for. I still haven't tried something like that. It just looks painfully time consuming to me :rolleyes: But, you are inspiring me to reconsider here.

starlightdesigns
04-13-2004, 09:49 AM
Oh Wait!!!! Starlight, you must have just posted when I was because I didn't see the gorgeous bead creation. OMG!!! To die for. I still haven't tried something like that. It just looks painfully time consuming to me :rolleyes: But, you are inspiring me to reconsider here.

Thanks, Suzy... yes, it is very time consuming, but I can't help it! I've always enjoying doing seed bead work, and when I got a shipment of fantabulous ocean jasper cabs a while back, I've been itching to do some cool stuff with them. I try to do them justice!!!! God just does BEAUTIFUL work!!!! I am always amazed at the beautiful rocks He creates...

Andee
04-13-2004, 10:44 AM
Y'all - Thanks for the nice feedback, makes me really happy! :)

Laura - Oh, I will, but don't come complaining later! ;)

Debby - OMG, what a lot of work, I would never have the patience to try something like that! Chapeau!! And I love your tab beads with the rainbow dots, they're like a fresh breeze! :) You're always allowed to interrupt with eye candy like that! ;)

SuzyQ - Ta, I took a break, see below! ;)

Lampwork bead (mine), freshwater pearls (they're actually a bit more creamy than they appear on the pic), seed beads and a hint of silver. Maybe a tad TOO plain?

starlightdesigns
04-13-2004, 10:53 AM
Lampwork bead (mine), freshwater pearls (they're actually a bit more creamy than they appear on the pic), seed beads and a hint of silver. Maybe a tad TOO plain?

Oh, you're kidding, right? Your necklace is EXQUISITE!!!! WOW!

DonnaBee
04-13-2004, 12:04 PM
Debby wow! Your work is exquisite! Hog away! :)

starlightdesigns
04-13-2004, 01:27 PM
Debby wow! Your work is exquisite! Hog away! :)

Thank you, DonnaBee, I really appreciate that... Now, I've just been mulling over whether or not I should bother listing them on ebay. I haven't listed any jewelry on ebay in about two months. Got tired of paying all those fees even when I didn't sell anything!

I do have another site I'm using to sell my stuff on: www.streetfairamerica.com, but sales have just been so-so. I would love to find a more suitable site, one really geared for real artisians selling their crafts... Anyone know of such a site? If not, anyone wanna start one up? ;)

Barrie
04-13-2004, 01:31 PM
There is www.wholesalecrafts.com but I have no idea if they're good or not. I know it's a bit expensive, but I would email a few of their artists and ask how the sales have been. I just don't have time for anymore wholesale accounts right now, or I'd be all over this one. Their salespeople are quite helpful and they do send you lots of email reminders about dedlines and stuff. Might be worth checking out.

SuzyQ
04-13-2004, 01:41 PM
Barrie,
I'm on wholesalecrafts.com. I joined about a year ago. I did it mostly for the cooperative ads for BMAC (a wholesale show in Philly). I only introduced my pendants last Fall, but I will say it has not been a profitable venture for me. In the past year wholesalecrafts got me about 10 catalog requests, one flat out order and two accounts. Not really worth the price. But, I did join knowing 2d work didn't do well and it was worth it for the advertising rates. Interestingly since I put on my pendants I haven't received any catalog requests.

DonnaBee
04-13-2004, 01:56 PM
I finally finished this pair of custom earrings for a friend of a friend!

I had to put them on teeny Beadalon (.12) with teeny crimps, because the garnet holes are so little. I do not like working with these gem nuggets! (She provided the garnet nuggets, they have sentimental value to her.)

But, she will like them, it's what she wanted... and she will give me some MONEY :D

Those are little 4mm faceted firepolished czech beads in Crystal AB

starlightdesigns
04-13-2004, 02:09 PM
There is www.wholesalecrafts.com but I have no idea if they're good or not. I know it's a bit expensive, but I would email a few of their artists and ask how the sales have been. I just don't have time for anymore wholesale accounts right now, or I'd be all over this one. Their salespeople are quite helpful and they do send you lots of email reminders about dedlines and stuff. Might be worth checking out.

Thanks, Barrie... I just looked at that site, nice, but very expensive. I really would prefer to "pay as I go" so to speak. That's why I do like Street Fair America... I don't pay anything until something sells. Then, I think it's 30% commission, which is pretty standard fare, I think. I don't have any local galleries near me, but when I lived in Florida, I did, and they took anywhere from 30 to 50% commission.

I do know of another site, artisiancentral.com, but haven't had time to thoroughly check it out, though. I have to submit entries to be sold there. It's classier than street fair, and their commission is very reasonable....

Thanks!