PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Show & Tell

DebbieSue
04-13-2004, 12:10 AM
Well, Tuesday here on the east coast. Here are my beads for today. A blue set and a Count Tikula. My daughter's puppy plays with my husband by putting her jaws on his throat (though she doesn't bite down) as though to let him know she could take him out at any time. If he laughs then she tries to stick her tongue up his nose. So I've started calling her Count Tikula (her name is Tiki - short for Tequila). Today I made my daughter a "Count Tikula - I Vant to Drink Your Blood" necklace. It looks just like Tiki, complete with black cape and fangs.

Debbie

!Karen
04-13-2004, 12:45 AM
Oh that cat is GREAT!! I love him!!

:)Karen

Briatha
04-13-2004, 12:45 AM
Debbie Count Tikula is delightful and the blue set it fabulous!

MaryBethC
04-13-2004, 01:09 AM
Debbie! I love the Count! Nice blues also!

It has been a while since I have posted. These are Bullseye. The frits I used caused the texture on them - somewhat like the baking soda reaction but the texture is still shiny. I really like the effect.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Apr-2004/14242-storm12.jpg

Buck Young
04-13-2004, 01:21 AM
Okay...Count Tinkula is just great. My kids would kill for that. MaryBeth, those blue beads are wonderful. I really like that effect too.

I've been playing with my new boro glass and some silver and green frit on Effetre.

Lori Peterson
04-13-2004, 01:46 AM
Oh my gosh, Count Tikula is just the best! I just love it!!!!
MaryBeth - your surfy beads are great!
Buck - no fair! You've not been at this long enough to be so good at it! Knock it off! :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Apr-2004/12192-loripetersonflowers.jpg

Virginia L.
04-13-2004, 02:24 AM
Hello, everyone's beads are wonderful, but Count Tikula is just tooooooooo cool :cool: , your daughter must be thrilled, I know I would have been!!! Pretty set Marybeth, and really cute flowers Lori - hopefully no one is left out, not all the pictures always come thru...My regulator came early enough for me to get a couple beads done. The first one is really pretty, the dang picture is really awful - I should have my camera soon - the next bead is just four and a half inches of waisted glass...the bead release broke - AGAIN, and the dang thing actually reminds me of the shape of some of my Dad's old cigars - both in shape and appearance, boy, I hope I am done trying to make that bead, I am getting quite a selection of beads that are a waste cause the bead release broke - I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday - God Bless - Virginia L.

mhartjen
04-13-2004, 03:20 AM
I love Count Tikula! I like the effect of your beads Beth ... Buck great beads! Virigina ... those are some big beads baby! Sorry to hear the release broke ... I hate when that happens! Lori ... love the flower power! Here what I have to offer ... Marna

Jamn!
04-13-2004, 05:19 AM
Everyone your beads look so great this morning!!

Debbie That Count is adoreable!!
Mary Beth the colors are really pretty in that set!! I like the swirls!
Buck Such cool boro beads!! I love the blues!
Lori Those are such folk art looking beads! I love them!
Virginia You got bit by the long beadbug!! I really like the swirls and the dots are cool!
Marna OOOHHH lovely swirls! Especially the one with the purples and the blues!

Here are a couple more sets that I am listing this week! :) The purple one is made with the new dark dark ivory, turquoise and lauscha grapey purple!!

Lynn Larson
04-13-2004, 06:59 AM
Everything is so lovely today! I love the Count...too funny! Everyone's colors are inspiring!

Here is one of mine:

Sunday Afternoon - Coral, translucent yellow, and green aventurine frit

starlightdesigns
04-13-2004, 08:52 AM
Ooooh, can I play, too? :D

Count Tikula is ADORABLE!!!

Mary Beth - since I left Florida 4 years ago, I've missed the beaches... but your yummy beads make me miss them even MORE!

Buck - your green beads are to die for!!!

Lori, I just love your flower beads! WOW!

Virginia, you amaze me more and more everyday... Gasp!

Marna, your beads just look delicious!

Heidi - I love your colors ~ Yum!!!

and Lynn, WOW! What an intensely beautiful bead!

Not sure I belong here, but I've got a few things for S&T... Guess I'll start with my very first frog bead. Chelsea challenged me to make one, and since she's made several already, I just had to take the challenge... This little guy, even though he's cute, he's a bit physically challenged. I call him my Wonky Butt Frog:

starlightdesigns
04-13-2004, 08:58 AM
Here's some more goodies....

starlightdesigns
04-13-2004, 09:03 AM
... oh, and I wanted to show this tiger bead and this purple/green set with the flower bead... Had lots of fun with these. Tried some new shapes, cubes and disks... :)

Onalee
04-13-2004, 09:18 AM
Great Stuff today everybody. These are my new ones for today. Onalee

starlightdesigns
04-13-2004, 09:44 AM
Great Stuff today everybody. These are my new ones for today. Onalee

Oooooh!!! TOTALLY yummy!!!!

Lori-O
04-13-2004, 10:12 AM
Lovely work, everyone. I'm always so inspired by this thread!

Here's a couple of sets I did for a pink and green challenge, and an initial attempt at the basics of a swan sculpture (defnately a WIP!!):

CorvetteJuliet
04-13-2004, 10:16 AM
Debbie, The dog is adorable!
MaryBeth, The pearls look great with those shades of blue.
Buck, Yum Yum Boro!
Lori, Fabulous! Are those made button style?
Virginia, You sure are perfecting big beads!
Marna, The green organic is my favorite. Beautiful!
Heidi, I love the colors in the second set. Nice!
Lynn, Coral is so neat - how the green frit isn't green anymore! Cool!
Debby, Cute froggie! That last lentil & tiger bead are georgous!
Onalee, Great color and shimmer! :) (sorry I missed your beads earlier!)
Lori, That swan is going to be AWESOME! (you snuck in on me) :)

I've been playing around with ceramic beads this week. My daughter's birthday party is Sat (sleepover with 10 girls, heaven help me!!). Anyways, we'll have a beading ceramic party. Alexanna and I made a bunch of simple sphere beads from clay. The girls will glaze them at the party along with a heart shaped focal bead and I'll fire them while they *ahem* sleep (or giggle all night). ;) I'm new to this ceramic thing so we had to make up some test samples to see what all the glazes looked like. So I painted them with the color # and then one, two and three coats from hole to hole in segments. And then one half I put clear glaze over the top - to see how that changed the color. I'm sooooo glad I got a digital controller with my kiln! And I found out only a few days ago that the kiln I have (Paragon kiln from Sundance) is considered High Fire and goes up to 2350 degrees! Yippee. :) So after testing out the bisque and glaze firing programs, Voila, a set of glazed test sample beads:

Lori-O
04-13-2004, 10:33 AM
Juliette! That is a really cool idea! You sound like a great mom! :clap:

Zooziis
04-13-2004, 11:01 AM
What a nice thread so far! I love the count, very cute. Those flowers were adorable! Great idea for a little girls slumber party!

Here is my contribution using Val's frit in Lime Green and Gold Pink...

koregon
04-13-2004, 11:16 AM
great show 'n tell you guys...thanks for making my morning coffee oh so enjoyable.

Amy~ cool diamonds!!! I saw that you have a diamond press up on eBay when I was browsing last night....what a cool shape! you did Val's frits justice! they remind me of Strawberry and Lime Margaritta's....which take Tequilla of course....segway (is that really a word??) to my set below...a Tequilla Sunrise :D

Lizardglass
04-13-2004, 11:27 AM
Amazing as always everyone!
Here's a dragon, he's etched but only on the periwinkle , which was tons o' fun to paint around on the back . :D I fried the glass in the spikes on purpose because the bubbles look like little jewels .
Anyway a front and back of him and the fern garden =)

Lara
04-13-2004, 11:59 AM
Cool beads everyone. Sorry I don't have time to comment on them all.

Debbie your Count doggie is very cute.
Lori your flowers are very pretty. Is that a bracelet or just a way to display them?
Virginia I really like your long beads.
Marna that last purple bead is very yummers.
Zooziis cool shape and pretty beads.
Kaye great lentils as always.

Here are my offerings. Contructive Critisim (?SP) appreciated.

Frist bead is opal yellow with intense black. The second bead is coral with intense black.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Apr-2004/10029-Mbcoy5.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Apr-2004/10029-Ttt1.jpg

Lara

Darla60
04-13-2004, 12:13 PM
Oh HAPPY DAY! Well, not really. It's pouring the rain here. lol So, here's a set I'm fondling to brighten up my day, BALLOON RIDE! :D

Darla, who finishing up her work and heading to the torch!

beadamaniac!
04-13-2004, 12:57 PM
Oh that cat is GREAT!! I love him!!

Cat?? I thought it was a dog... maybe it's trans-specied...

All the beads are great, but..

Lori- love those retro flowers!
Darla- love those bright colors!
and Marna, I think I always love your focals.

I finally completed a set that I like enough to post. Also, an organic focal that I really like.

starlightdesigns
04-13-2004, 01:40 PM
Oooh, there's more since I last looked this morning! (I'm not getting much work done today ~ ACK!)

Oh,but I love all the new goodies... Zoozii's diamonds.... Koregon's tequila sunrise (I don't drink, but if I did, I'd drink THOSE babies!)... That lizard -- how ADORABLE!!!! I'd love to get my hands on that one!

Darla's set is super duper fun, very playful! I also love the pink set Lisa made... Wow... You all just take my breath away!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

!Karen
04-13-2004, 02:21 PM
Cat?? I thought it was a dog... maybe it's trans-specied...

:o LOL, well he is great, even if I can't think or see clearly on only two hours of sleep with a raging migraine and a yeowling cat hitting me up for breakfast.

Sorry about that, the DOG - Count Tikula is fab!!
And everyone else's beads are as usual, just extremely wonderful!
Maybe I'd best take a nap :D

Linnea
04-13-2004, 05:45 PM
Great beads today,,, love the critters :clap: :clap: :clap:
Trying to get back into the swing of things since getting back from my trip
Here are mine for today.

dread
04-13-2004, 06:28 PM
Super duper eye candy today gang - love them all !

Onalee
04-13-2004, 06:58 PM
Thank you Debbie. Onalee

jkittels
04-13-2004, 07:21 PM
Hey All! I finally had a few minutes after the holidays to sit down at the torch for a little bit...
Here are a few newies!

Julie K.

KarenB
04-13-2004, 08:00 PM
Hello,

I don't post much on WC, but simply must tell you all. I got to go to NYC 2 weeks ago and in all of the windows on 5th Avenue were these lovely pastel sherbet colors, the yellow, the fresh peach (some with black!), lime, and mint, and the pink! Oh, the pink! Just the colors you are all putting forth in today's Show and Tell. You go lampworkers, go! I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to pick up some pink in my style, somehow. Isn't this creative thing THE BEST?!?!?!

(The Count doesn't exactly match....but that's OK, cause he's got style all of his own! :-)

K :-)