PDA

View Full Version : Bangle Bracelet Supplier?

Aragorn
04-12-2004, 04:25 PM
Hi everyone. I am looking for a simple bangle type bracelet. I would like to be able to screw one end off and add beads and put the end back on. Unlike most things I make, this would be for me and I could wear my favorite beads and change them when I feel like it. Can someone please tell me the best place to purchase this type of bracelet? I would like to order it on-line. Does this type of thing exist? Thanks in advance. I had surgery on my hand so I've had no show and tell but I am enjoying everyone else's eye candies!

Hope you all had a good Easter!

Wire Mania
04-12-2004, 04:37 PM
I know that Rio Grande sells them...Not sure of the price...I bet Donna would know I see her using those often.Vicki

DonnaBee
04-12-2004, 04:59 PM
Hi!

Here is Fire Mountain Gems link:

http://www.firemountaingems.com/search.asp?skw=bead%20bracelet

The bangles are on about the middle of the page. I would definitely go with the larger sized ones.

I haven't purchased these bangles from them, but I have bought other things from FMG and had good service.

(My bangles I had bought from bulk buys which are now closed. I don't know wholesale sources for these, maybe someone else will!)

They are very fun to design with! :)

LLane
04-12-2004, 06:19 PM
I just bought some from the source we used for the bulk buy. Find them here (http://wholesalesilver.safeshopper.com/13/cat13.htm?337) . He didn't have many left (as I took a large quantity :D) but he was scheduled to get some more near the end of April. The 2mm 7 1/2 inch is best. They are priced by the gram but came out to be about $4.50 each. With the price of silver going up as we speak.... he was not sure what his next order would be.

You need a $100 minimum to order from this source, but they are definately the best price and quality I have found.
Another source for a good quality and I don't think they have a minimum is http://beadnook.com/ (http://http://beadnook.com/) . They are more expensive but not bad..... maybe around $8 each? These are the same good quality as the first source.

BTW Donna.... I would not recommend the FMG ones...I ordered a couple and they are flimsy and seemed really large!!! Even with big beads on them ... and closing them up as much as I could... they fell off my wrist!!
Good luck!!! :D

Lois

DonnaBee
04-12-2004, 07:06 PM
I would *definitely* go with the sources from Lois, before the FMG ones which I linked to.

All the bangles you have been seeing me using were from the bulk buys, and thus from the source Lois posted. I am extremely happy with everything about them!
:)

Aragorn
04-12-2004, 11:23 PM
Thanks everyone. That is helpful. I order a lot from FMG but I haven't been happy with some stuff. Where do you all get your semi-precious stones? I wish I knew how to find this stuff better. I look and look on google and sometimes find good stuff but I am afraid of bad quality so I usually don't order. I appreciate all the tips. I order sometimes from eBay but I had a bad experience this weekend so I guess it is a learning experience.

Thanks again!!

Paula D
04-13-2004, 12:11 AM
I get most of my gemstones from Abeada. You do need a wholesale #. I use FMG for alot of things because they are easy to order from but their gemstones are not the quality I like and their prices are way too high. I"ve bought stunning turquoise off of Ebay but usually buy that at gem shows.
Paula

LLane
04-13-2004, 10:32 AM
Rachel... if you check the second link above ..... It's called Beadnook..... I think you will find that they are located in your state..... or maybe close. The man I talk to on the phone there.... is just wonderful.... he knows so much and gives me great info on gemstones and crystal. They might even be close enough for you to go by there.

I use Abeada too.... but they are close enough that I can sometimes plan a drive up there!!! They have good stuff and good prices!

Good luck,
Lois

Aragorn
04-13-2004, 10:40 AM
Hi. I tried the link for beadnook but it didn't have a website. I will try some other variations. Do I need a Federal Tax ID? How do I get one of these? Are they expensive?

LLane
04-13-2004, 11:04 AM
Ooops sorry..... I can't figure this out.... I get in..... but when I post the link the link doesn't work!!! Try them at thebeadnook.com

Check with your state tax department.... usually they have something online.... to get your tax id..... but know that when you do this.... you must collect and file sales tax reports (at least this is how it is for Ohio)

Good luck,
Lois

PS.... I have the phone number if you want to contact them..

debkauz
04-13-2004, 11:13 AM
This is a bit OT: When I got my tax ID, I just looked up the state and went to revenue. I printed the forms on the computer and just took them to downtown chicago and got my license. The hard part for me was getting the CHICAGO license. The state took the papers and whether they would give me one was dependent on whether Chicago would give me one. I had to stand in line for about an hour, then go somewhere else to convince them that I wasnpt doing anything dangerous, and then go and stand in line for about another hour. I never have to pay Chicago, except that I have to renew my license each year for $125. What a rip! It helps so much with your costs. One of the places that I go gives me 5o% off on everything I buy. Other places give anything from just the tax to 25-30% It makes a really big difference in what I am able to afford. Oh, and every time someone asks for a Federal Tax Id, it's just my SS#.

Debbie